Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

10 reasons why facebook is annoying

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Can you relate? What are yours?

Comments

• Options
    11. NO ONE gives a fuck that you've just had toast/McFlurry/blow job.
  • Options
    All of those especially the perfect loved up people that send hearts for no reason (<3) and the oh-so-depressed attention seeking people that dont actually wanna tell anyone wants wrong. gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    11. NO ONE gives a fuck that you've just had toast/McFlurry/blow job.

:lol:

Ditto if you're "goin 2 wrk" which the same person posts everyday.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    All of those especially the perfect loved up people that send hearts for no reason (<3) and the oh-so-depressed attention seeking people that dont actually wanna tell anyone wants wrong. gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

My cousin does this. He moans about how fucked up his life is and how much he misses his boyfriend.

Does anyone else have someone who likes absolutely they post, yet, doesn't have a clue what their post is actually about?
  • Options
    The ones who post the images of words and sayings about relationships to try and prove how they good and loyal they are and that no one else ever understands their relationship woes. And that bloody page called 'real boyfriends treat their girls like princesses' or something, ugh puke!!!!

Thing like this:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q71/1044887_520614284671814_1007879578_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/970577_511057352295503_1826374852_n.jpg

And why do these images always include gritty pictures of urban areas or chavs in the backgrounds? Just because these people might live there doesnt mean they have to prove their relationship worth to anybody
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    The repeated statuses, 5 a day. And ones who make pointed comments like 'it would have been nice for you to invite me out' then the sort of awkwardness statuses
  • Options
    Oh man, people do annoying things on Facebook? THAT'S SUPER ORIGINAL MATERIAL THAT HASN'T ALREADY BEEN MINED DRY!

I should get around to my 'Top Ten Reasons Why Hacky Videos on Youtube Make Me Want to Take a Cheese Grater to My Face' video.

Why do I watch/read these things...it's like the bat signal to me...
  • Options
    Infinite. wrote: »
    Oh man, people do annoying things on Facebook? THAT'S SUPER ORIGINAL MATERIAL THAT HASN'T ALREADY BEEN MINED DRY!

I should get around to my 'Top Ten Reasons Why Hacky Videos on Youtube Make Me Want to Take a Cheese Grater to My Face' video.

Why do I watch/read these things...it's like the bat signal to me...

Not disagreeing but if you check out the girls youtube channel she is actually pretty funny
  • Options
    Neddy wrote: »
    Not disagreeing but if you check out the girls youtube channel she is actually pretty funny

I'm sure she is but all of the videos seem to be top ten reasons for X, where X is a topic that has been absolutely run into the ground.

I am probably being grossly unfair though. And maybe a bit envious because I'm not attractive enough to do videos on youtube :p
  • Options
    I personally have no problem with face book at all, and don't think it is a problem in anyway. The content is the problem. It's the same content that would otherwise have been apparent on any other media. Though the nice lady in the video does have a point :)
  • Options
    She does have good points but actually found both of them a bit annoying and OTT
  • Options
    Infinite. wrote: »
    I'm sure she is but all of the videos seem to be top ten reasons for X, where X is a topic that has been absolutely run into the ground.

I am probably being grossly unfair though. And maybe a bit envious because I'm not attractive enough to do videos on youtube :p

Yeah i can see that after a while it might get a bit tedious but it kept me entertained for half an hour or so whilst i devoured my pasta!
  • Options
    Oh just thought of one! Dont know about anyone else but i have a constant barage of clearly insecure people saying various versions of 'I am what I am, if you dont like it fuck off, I dont live to please you'. Yea im insecure too but not so much i feel the need to pretend otherwise all the time
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Oh just thought of one! Dont know about anyone else but i have a constant barage of clearly insecure people saying various versions of 'I am what I am, if you dont like it fuck off, I dont live to please you'. Yea im insecure too but not so much i feel the need to pretend otherwise all the time

Yep i get this. The ones who claim they are going to make huge changes to their life and 3 days later are all depressed again are the same.

By all means have mood swings. I don't need to know about them.
  • Options
    people who tag themselves at the a&e department of the local hospital with no explanation as to why...couldn't be more attention seeking
  • Options
    people who tag themselves at the a&e department of the local hospital with no explanation as to why...couldn't be more attention seeking

A relative of mine does this. My dad thinks he's a hypochondriac.

People who always tag themselves to say where they are. Do I really need to know that you're in bed? On that note, people who post about their sex life. Not something I really want to read, thanks.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »

On that note, people who post about their sex life.

Never seen this...which is actually surprising
  • Options

I checked in at the morgue last time I had a cold. Nobody "liked" it :crying:
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    I checked in at the morgue last time I had a cold. Nobody "liked" it :crying:

You can add a life event of "over came an illness" you should definitely let everyone know your cold is gone now, I'm sure they'll be relieved. ;)

What I find really annoying is all the teen mums in my year who got pregnant at 14/15 posting stuff like "My baby wont go to sleep for fuck sake" or "So fucking bored with life" or "why does my baby wake up every hour? JUST SLEEP" ... ummmmm what did you expect?!
  • Options
    You can add a life event of "over came an illness" you should definitely let everyone know your cold is gone now, I'm sure they'll be relieved. ;)

What I find really annoying is all the teen mums in my year who got pregnant at 14/15 posting stuff like "My baby wont go to sleep for fuck sake" or "So fucking bored with life" or "why does my baby wake up every hour? JUST SLEEP" ... ummmmm what did you expect?!

I'm friends with someone like that. Well, you have 2 children under 2. Jut what do you expect?
  • Options

Oh god this.
  • Options
    I got 45 seconds in before I had to turn it off. The presenter is 150% over my Amateur Dramatics tolerance threshold.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    #10 doesn't make sense. You've always been able to block somebody.
  • Options
    what i think facebook

Two much shit been cursed on facebook so i think it should be band to much argerments happen on it
  • Options
    Two much shit been cursed on facebook so i think it should be band to much argerments happen on it

I think this is dependent on your friends list and is different from person to person. I very rarely see arguments on facebook, people are probably too busy trying to reflect their perfect life. I see more arguments/disagreements on Twitter, where (in my experience) people are more open, or on forums like thesite.org, where people from different walks of life meet and have differing opinions and there's nothing wrong with that. Fact of life is that you're not going to agree with what everyone says all the time, arguments are a part of human nature. Some people have them in public or on media settings, others have them behind closed doors. I'm fairly sure the arguments that happen on Facebook, at least the few I've seen, would happen in real life anyway, just for various reasons, people have them via a keyboard instead.
  • Options
    I can't say I've seen that many arguments. Apart from when a relative swore at a friend of mine for daring to voice a different opinion. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Facebook is just a platform. If people are unpleasant irl then they'll be unpleasant on Facebook.