Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

new boyfreind :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I got a new boyfreind now. He is getting to much for me I love him to bits. He wants to meet me up all the time when I got famliey and frteinds that I go and see in the week. Iam mostley at my famlieys tho.

This what I do....

Friday to monday - iam with my mum
Wednesday, Tuesday, Thursday iam at the shared house
Monday iam at my dads.

I have lods going on. Iam at the job centre every other wednesday. He wants to be with me. I don't know what to say to him I don't want him to think iam pushing him away. He talks to me on bbm and I phone him sometimes too when iam not busy. I don't think iam really ready for a boyfreind. I don't want to let him go.

Someone help me

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just sit him down and tell him you have alot on and need time alone as well, I dont think thats unreasonable. Let him know that you need your space and if you dont see him or text him it doesnt mean anything.

My ex was the same, if i wasnt at work i was at his, and if i wasnt at his he'd be texting me all the time, drove me insane and i actualy made myself ill going to see him all the time

Maybe come up with a regular time in the week you can meet up or something?

Dont feel bad about saying no to him or that you'd rather see friends and family, it doesnt make you a bad person
    i dont necessarily think you are not ready for a boyfriend, but maybe you need to be with someone who has a little more going on. this guy sounds like the sort who doesnt have too much to do, so he gets really clingy
    Hiiiii........By your statement, i can judge that you are not ready for your relationship....Only timing is not the reason, i guess you don't have feelings for him.
    Hi,

Thanks for ur replys.
    I guess iam not ready for a boyfreind after all :(. Fuck it cba with it. I'd rother be single then going out with a boyfreind. He is ur right he want to be with me all the time and I told him I need time on my own he dosnt liston to me so I finished with him for good

Its all my fault I don't desive a boyfreind :( iam just stubid and hate myself I need to die not live :( my life is fuck
    I realise it can be hard to accept, especially as a teenager, but you really don't need a boyfriend/girlfriend to make you happy or make you complete as a person.

As an overall picture, a partner should make your life better. If that's not the case, then that person probably isn't for you.
    I realise it can be hard to accept, especially as a teenager, but you really don't need a boyfriend/girlfriend to make you happy or make you complete as a person.

As an overall picture, a partner should make your life better. If that's not the case, then that person probably isn't for you.

I echo this 100%. Heather, you are you. You're an individual and a kind one at that. Break ups are horrible, no one would say otherwise, but once the hurt goes it will be easier to see that there was a reason you broke up, meaning he wasn't The One. The One is out there, try not to feel disheartened, you'll find him and there's no rush. Be you and enjoy being you whilst there isn't the pressures of a relationship.
    Not being ready for a relationship does not mean you deserve a relationship. It may sound selfish, but having a relationship is all about how it makes YOU feel. If you are not happy in it, then it is not meant to be. Of course there will be rough patches, but you will meet someone who is worth the trouble. Don't beat yourself up. Everyone wants a happy relationship, we all just find them at different times. And your time will come, I promise. Don't give up on the idea. You are young. Test the water, like you are supposed to. That is what dating is all about. Every failed relationship makes you a little bit wiser. And, if you can learn from each one, you will be able to pick out the qualities you like early on, and will have a higher chance of a real relationship with each one. You're down now, but that wont help you in the long run. Pick yourself up, dust it off, and keep walking with your head held high. You will find what you want soon enough :thumb:
    My live is fucked :( sod it just want to die