Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

not sleeping properly cause i think that the

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
'doctors' might be the ones putting violent thoughts in my mind, of being violent towards them, and then when i get distressed they can lock me away again. i am now spending 90% of my time in my room. not getting to sleep till 2-3am and then waking frequently in the morning. asked for zopiclone again and got it but can't say it's helping. i am just awake thinking all the time, i get surges of adrenalin and anger and want to smash things, i feel literally blinded by it. it was all happening before my antipsychotic decreased, i am slowly coming off it as it wasn't hellping anyway and i've been on loads of them but they are all poison. they think i make up this pain and anguish and label me with personality disorder? they are absolute evil. i am just stuck in my head with nothing to do. my licence has been witheld for 2 years now, it's ridiculous, i'm still waiting to hear if i can get it back. feel like they have their agents in my neighbours houses, and on clear days the satellites can see me from space. i just live with my parents in a remote village, i'm so bored but at the same time have no interest or motivation in things. this is hell.

Comments

• Options
    Sleep deprivation can be a horrible thing *hug*

It can't help to be getting so little sleep when you're feeling this way already. Do your parents or doctors know how little sleep you're getting? Perhaps they could change your medication or suggest relaxation methods to help you unwind etc if they knew?

Reading your post, I also wonder if you're having any talking treatment at all? It sounds like you're getting lots of medication, but how aware are the doctors of how you're actually feeling? I get the sense that being able to talk more could really make a difference...

Keep posting here and let us know how you are.
    Take care.
  • Options
    honey, are you sure its a PD because it sounds like you are having a schizophrenic episode? Im sorry youre feeling like this. You sound terrified :(
  • Options
    going to be starting therapy but don't know when. but afraid that if i tell her the thoughts i'm having then she'll have to tell someone else and i'll end up being sectioned, or i'll not be able to control my emotions and be sectioned, if i do anything.. i'll be sectioned.
    tempted to call doctor surgery and see if i can get anything else to help but they are really stingy when it comes to prescribing things.
    i want to get a guard dog, i know it can't keep out the thoughts and feelings they transmit to my mind but it could keep me physically safe... and would be some company..
  • Options
    they have been ummming and arrring over whether or not i have schizophrenia but different psychiatrists, different opinions... my friend even thinks i have it.. i've looked it up and it sounds similar to my experiences, but i guess it don't matter cause i've tried the meds and they suck.
  • Options
    There is such a thing as a psychological assistance dog, but they're not a big thing in the UK yet.
  • Options
    wish i had one
  • Options
    just on here to try and distract myself from nasty thoughts. anyone else awake?
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    :wave:
  • Options
    hi :')
  • Options
    How are things now? What you up to?
  • Options
    things about the same but tireder, taken pills, hoping it will do something. just watching south park.
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon. PM me if you like :)
  • Options
    dont get a dog just now. Its not fair on the dog if you do eventually need or want to go into hospital.

What medication have they given you. Is it worth trying to find a specific nurse, or professional that you trust? Are there any?
    If you voluntarily go into hospital, you retain a lot more rights than if you end up there under a section, but i understand thats not an easy choice if youre getting a lot of paranoia. Kind of goes against the whole grain, I know.

What are you most afraid of?
    Do you feel like you might be dangerous to yourself or others?

Im glad watching some shows helps to calm you down.

Zopiclone wont do anything if its adrenaline keeping you awake. Under normal circumstances youd be better with something like diazepam for that, but i dont know whats the best idea in this situation xx
  • Options
    dont get a dog just now. Its not fair on the dog if you do eventually need or want to go into hospital.

This. Sorry, I typed in a rush and should have been clearer; if you could get a trained assistance dog that might help in the long run but at the moment they're pretty unusual in the UK and SCC is right that the emotional and physical energy to train a dog (let alone what could happen if you are admitted to hospital) would be a bit much,

I would echo everything SCC said, nowt more to add. Stay safe.
  • Options
    Do you feel absolutely sure that theyre watching you, or do you have some feelings that it might just be your illness talking?

Do you feel theyre watching everybody, or just you?
  • Options
    Hi Nutter,

I'm in a similar situation to you although not as severe, and my medication seems to be working at least a little. Intense feelings of paranoia are horrible, I feel watched on my way to school quite often and always feel there is someone in my house when I'm alone.

As Suzy said, is there anyone in the mental health team you can trust at all? It might be helpful for you if you can find just one person who could support you.

If someone had a magic wand and could take away all your problems, would you want them to or are you not in a place were you feel that getting better is an option right now?

I hope you managed to get some sleep in the end last night :heart:
  • Options
    suzy,
    feels like they are all there to be watching me inparticular.
    i wish i did have some diazepam/lorazepam.

I called my gp surgery but was just fobbed off saying to contact the mental team cause i'm under their care (but i'm also under the gp care..!), so i called the team, at least talked to someone nice, but nobody has been in contact today.. my psychiatrist has obviously never had to deal with these kinds of thoughts/emotions/images cause if he did he would prescribe something to help...! i'm not impressed at all.
  • Options
    can't deal with these constant violent and obsessive thoughts... not going away. have emailed samaritans but they a very limited in what they can do. very pissed off that people have just given up on me.
  • Options
    I dont think they have, but the people that can help you, youre suspicious of, which is a bit of a vicious circle, and the best results come from people who are willing to accept the help early enough, otherwise it will get so late that they either cant help, or will just be about sedation to try and get rid of the thoughts but without actually treating why this is happening.

Samaritans will be a listening ear but it isnt proper therapy. Its certainly a good start though

The only people who will be able to prescribe you are doctors and psychiatrists.
  • Options
    it certainly does suck. but today, i was very tempted to cut very deeply into my arm and felt too depressed to move.. but i forced myself to get up and just went and took some photos. it was difficult because people kept looking at me.
  • Options
    Nutter wrote: »
    it certainly does suck. but today, i was very tempted to cut very deeply into my arm and felt too depressed to move.. but i forced myself to get up and just went and took some photos. it was difficult because people kept looking at me.

Even if it was difficult it was a really amazing decision to make- and definitely a better plan than staying at home being depressed all day. I know how hard it is to do anything when you're feeling low or anxious, so you should be really chuffed with yourself for getting out and taking photos today! :) Did you get any good ones?
  • Options
    thanks BA, appreciate it.
    i just took some B&W ones at the local park. i think the fact that its a sunny day helps.
  • Options
    If it's sunny tomorrow you could go again, maybe take photos in the same spot and see how it's changed in 24 hours? That'd be cool! You could take a sandwich and a flask of tea, have a mini picnic :)
  • Options
    would love to see the pictures if you get a chance to upload!
  • Options
    i would but then my anonymity might be comprimised.. they are quite the hit on facebook tho.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Nutter wrote: »
    they are quite the hit on facebook tho.

This is awesome :)

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to reply to your PM - so just wanted to post here and say it's great to hear you're finding ways to distract yourself when the thoughts take over. As Suzy says, Samaritans is a good start for the complete absence of judgement when you call, but not a substitute for more in-depth support. I'm also wondering if you've tried SANE at all? I'm linking to their emotional support page so you can see the different options available - http://www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/support/

Continuing to post here is also massively welcome, and of course coming a long to live chat when the mood takes you :)
  • Options
    well had no reply from samaritans.
    called shrink today about something else paperwork related and really wanted to say, listen i'm being overtaken by nasty thoughts, getting angry, want to smash things, etc etc but i think you are possibly the one doing this to me? you and your psychiatrist buddies.. some kind of weird telepathy or nanorobots in my body after taking antipsychotics t=now they alter my emotions and track me and you put them there. but afraid to ask for help in case hospital is brought up
  • Options
    do you have a crisis team number you can call?

It might be worth taking any opportunity where the paranoia isnt as bad to try and get the help then, and as i said before, if you dont feel safe, then it might be worth trying to go in voluntarily, because then you still retain your rights, whereas if they end up taking you in, then its harder xx
  • Options
    knowing the consultant in the hospital she would section me anyway, she likes to do that... >.<
    ii do have crisis team number but not fond of them, they seem so incompetant. i don't know eh it's so difficult. i hate it at psych ward don't think i could bring myself to go in there especially if the person i had an argument with last time is still there. :/
    hmm hmmm difficult person alert meep meep out the way! aha
  • Options
    don't feel right. oh dear