Home Travel & Free Time
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Song Lyrics. :)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I prefers songs sometimes for their lyrics. Lyrics are soul to a song, it speaks a volume.
People usually don't choose songs for their music, often, its the lyrics.
If the they're happy songs with happy lyrics or romantic ones.
If they're in party mood then, lyrics don't matter much, lots of beat.
If they're sad then lyrics which speaks about their own story.
And, so on and so forth.....
So, post the lyrics of the song that you've been listening to.
«1

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Right now, listening to this.

    Let your heart hold fast - Fort Atlantic

    All my days are spent.
    All my cards are dealt.
    Oh, the desolation grows!
    Every inch revealed,
    As my heart is pierced.
    Oh, my soul is now exposed!

    In the oceans deep;
    In the canyons steep,
    Walls of granite here I stand.
    All my desperate calls
    Echo off the walls
    Back and forth; then back again.

    To believe I walk alone
    Is a lie that I've been told.

    So let your heart hold fast
    For this soon shall pass,
    Like the high tide takes the sand.

    Oh, oh, oh, oh!
    Oh, oh, oh, oh!
    Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!

    Oh, oh, oh, oh!
    Oh, oh, oh, oh!
    Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!

    At the bitter end,
    Salt and liquid blend
    From the corner of my eyes.
    All the miles wrecked,
    Every broken step,
    Always searching, always blind.

    Never fear! No! Never fear!
    Never fear! No! Never fear!

    So let your heart hold fast
    For this soon shall pass.
    There's another hill ahead.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The song I'm currently listening to is: Against the Grain - City and Colour

    You need not to climb mountaintops
    You need not to cross the sea
    You need not to find a cure
    For everything that makes you weak

    You need not to reach for the stars
    When life becomes so dark
    And when the wind
    Does blow against the grain

    You must follow your heart
    You must follow your heart

    When all your friends have come and gone
    And the sun no longer shines
    And the happiness for which you long
    Is washed away like an ocean's tide

    When all the hard times
    Outweigh the good
    And all your words are misunderstood
    When the day seems lost from the stars

    You must follow your heart
    You must follow your heart

    If you feel you've paid the price
    And your wounds should cease to heal
    And everything you love in life
    Spins like a winding wheel

    If you should wake to find you're abandoned
    And the road you've travelled
    Leads to a dead end
    When death creeps in to play it's part

    You must follow your heart
    You must follow your heart
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    I think that if the lyrics in a song don't matter, then they almost might as well not be there. Really good lyrics can work without the music, the music just makes them stronger.

    I was thinking about this one yesterday (translated):

    The Gardener - Pavlos Pavlidis

    In the garden of my own loneliness
    some birds fly over the ash
    that the southern wind left behind
    and sing to me
    "Love will come, it will come"

    In the walls of my little prison
    somebody reads the map of my palm
    He sees the roads of my lost life
    and sings to me
    "Love will come, it will come"

    It will come, on a warm afternoon
    All existing light will enter this garden
    It will come, on a white bicycle
    It will look at its reflection in the water
    and will ask to know
    when the garden got filled with birds
    How long had it been away
    Who takes care of the flowers

    In the garden of my own loneliness
    some kids who tore down the fence
    told me they saw you walk by outside again
    and then they said
    "Love will come, it will come"
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what you being a dickhead for, stop being a dickheadddd
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm listening to this. :)

    "The Story" - Sara Ramirez

    All of these lines across my face
    Tell you the story of who I am
    So many stories of where I've been
    And how I got to where I am

    But these stories don't mean anything
    When you've got no one to tell them to
    It's true, I was made for you

    I climbed across the mountaintops
    Swam across the ocean blue
    I cross over lines and I broke all the rules
    And baby I broke them all for you

    Oh because even when I was flat broke
    You made me feel like a million bucks
    You do, I was made for you

    You see the smile that's on my mouth
    It's hiding the words that don't come out
    All of the friends who think that I'm blessed
    They don't know I'm in this mess

    No they don't know who I really am
    And they don't know what I've been through
    Like you do, and I was made for you

    All of these lines across my face
    Tell you the story of who I am
    So many stories of where I've been
    And how I got to where I am

    Oh but these stories don't mean anything
    When you've got no one to tell them to
    It's true, I was made for you
    Oh yeah, and it's true that I was made for you
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dancing Queen - Mamma Mia! Movie Version.
    Tbh, I just love this song not too much for the lyrics but,the music and energy in the video. Plus, I love to see Meryl Streep dance and that to ABBA song is Awesome. :)

    You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life ..
    See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen.
    Friday night and the lights are low,
    looking out for the place to go
    where they play the right music, getting in the swing.

    You come in to look for a King,
    anybody could be that guy,
    night is young and the music's high
    With a bit of rock music, everything is fine
    You're in the mood for a dance
    and when you get the chance..

    You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeen
    Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine
    You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
    See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the Dancing Queen

    You're a teaser, you turn 'em on
    Leave them burning and then you're gone
    Looking out for another, anyone will do
    You're in the mood for a dance
    and when you get the chance..
  • ReenaReena Fanatical Poster Posts: 1,375 The Mix Regular
    This is what I've been listening to recently. Love both versions by Disturbed and Genesis

    :heart: "Land Of Confusion" :heart:

    I must have dreamed a thousand dreams
    Been haunted by a million screams
    But I can hear the marching feet
    They're moving into the street

    Now, did you read the news today?
    They say the danger has gone away
    But I can see the fire's still alight
    They're burning into the night

    There's too many men, too many people
    Making too many problems
    And there's not much love to go around
    Can't you see this is a land of confusion?

    This is the world we live in
    And these are the hands we're given
    Use them and let's start trying
    To make it a place worth living in

    Oh, superman, where are you now?
    When everything's gone wrong somehow?
    The men of steel, these men of power
    Are losing control by the hour

    This is the time, this is the place
    So we look for the future
    But there's not much love to go around
    Tell me why this is a land of confusion

    This is the world we live in
    And these are the hands we're given
    Use them and let's start trying
    To make it a place worth living in

    I remember long ago
    When the sun was shining
    And all the stars were bright all through the night
    In the wake of this madness, as I held you tight
    So long ago

    I won't be coming home tonight
    My generation will put it right
    We're not just making promises
    That we know we'll never keep

    There's too many men, too many people
    Making too many problems
    And there's not much love to go round
    Can't you see this is a land of confusion?

    Now, this is the world we live in
    And these are the hands we're given
    Use them and let's start trying
    To make it a place worth fighting for

    This is the world we live in
    And these are the names we're given
    Stand up and let's start showing
    Just where our lives are going to
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm blasting off the speakers to this song :d

    Take my breath away: Berlin


    Watching every motion in my foolish lover's game
    On this endless ocean finally lovers know no shame
    Turning and returning to some secret place inside
    Watching in slow motion as you turn around and say

    Take my breath away

    Watching I keep waiting still anticipating love
    Never hesitating to become the fated ones
    Turning and returning to some secret place to hide
    Watching in slow motion as you turn to me and say

    Take my breath away

    Through the hourglass I saw you, in time you slipped away
    When the mirror crashed I called you, and turned to hear you say
    If only for today I am unafraid

    Take my breath away

    Watching every motion in this foolish lover's game
    Haunted by the notion somewhere there's a love in flames
    Turning and returning to some secret place inside
    Watching in slow motion as you turn to me and say

    Take my breath away
    My love, take my breath away...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *simba* wrote: »
    I'm listening to this. :)

    "The Story" - Sara Ramirez

    All of these lines across my face
    Tell you the story of who I am
    So many stories of where I've been
    And how I got to where I am

    But these stories don't mean anything
    When you've got no one to tell them to
    It's true, I was made for you

    I climbed across the mountaintops
    Swam across the ocean blue
    I cross over lines and I broke all the rules
    And baby I broke them all for you

    Oh because even when I was flat broke
    You made me feel like a million bucks
    You do, I was made for you

    You see the smile that's on my mouth
    It's hiding the words that don't come out
    All of the friends who think that I'm blessed
    They don't know I'm in this mess

    No they don't know who I really am
    And they don't know what I've been through
    Like you do, and I was made for you

    All of these lines across my face
    Tell you the story of who I am
    So many stories of where I've been
    And how I got to where I am

    Oh but these stories don't mean anything
    When you've got no one to tell them to
    It's true, I was made for you
    Oh yeah, and it's true that I was made for you

    Not listened to this song in ages.

    Where's Claire? Thought she would be posting in this thread :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not listened to this song in ages.

    Where's Claire? Thought she would be posting in this thread :p

    I dunno, where's claire, tell her about this thread, you can all enjoy it. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have told her :d
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Listening to this now!

    It must have been love Roxette


    Lay a whisper on my pillow,
    leave the winter on the ground.
    I wake up lonely,
    there's air of silence in the bedroom
    and all around
    Touch me now, I close my eyes and dream away.

    It must have been love but it's over now.
    It must have been good but I lost it somehow.
    It must have been love but it's over now.
    From the moment we touched, 'til the time had run out.

    Make-believing we're together that I'm sheltered by your heart.
    But in and outside I've turned to water like a teardrop in your palm.
    And it's a hard winters day, I dream away.

    It must have been love but it's over now.
    It's all that I wanted, now I'm living without.
    It must have been love but it's over now,
    it's where the water flows, it's where the wind blows.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have told her :d

    Awesome! :d
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm here :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am listening to The Mend.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am listening to The Mend.

    Welcome. :) Do post the lyrics too. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Will do, trying to find a cool song to post lyrics too.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cool! :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If i could, then I would, id go wherever you will go, and maybe ill find out a way to make it back someday (8)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I kept listening to this yesterday

    Keep Holding On"avril lavigne

    You're not alone
    Together we stand
    I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand
    When it gets cold
    And it feels like the end
    There's no place to go
    You know I won't give in
    No I won't give in

    Keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
    Just stay strong
    'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
    There's nothing you could say
    Nothing you could do
    There's no other way when it comes to the truth
    So keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

    So far away
    I wish you were here
    Before it's too late, this could all disappear
    Before the doors close
    And it comes to an end
    With you by my side I will fight and defend
    I'll fight and defend
    Yeah, yeah

    Keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
    Just stay strong
    'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
    There's nothing you could say
    Nothing you could do
    There's no other way when it comes to the truth
    So keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

    Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
    Nothing's gonna change, nothing's gonna change destiny
    Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

    La da da da
    La da da da
    La da da da da da da da da

    Keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
    Just stay strong
    'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
    There's nothing you could say
    Nothing you could do
    There's no other way when it comes to the truth
    So keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

    Keep holding on
    Keep holding on

    There's nothing you could say
    Nothing you could do
    There's no other way when it comes to the truth
    So keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Emmalee wrote: »
    I kept listening to this yesterday

    Keep Holding On"avril lavigne

    You're not alone
    Together we stand
    I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand
    When it gets cold
    And it feels like the end
    There's no place to go
    You know I won't give in
    No I won't give in

    Keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
    Just stay strong
    'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
    There's nothing you could say
    Nothing you could do
    There's no other way when it comes to the truth
    So keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

    So far away
    I wish you were here
    Before it's too late, this could all disappear
    Before the doors close
    And it comes to an end
    With you by my side I will fight and defend
    I'll fight and defend
    Yeah, yeah

    Keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
    Just stay strong
    'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
    There's nothing you could say
    Nothing you could do
    There's no other way when it comes to the truth
    So keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

    Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
    Nothing's gonna change, nothing's gonna change destiny
    Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

    La da da da
    La da da da
    La da da da da da da da da

    Keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
    Just stay strong
    'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
    There's nothing you could say
    Nothing you could do
    There's no other way when it comes to the truth
    So keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

    Keep holding on
    Keep holding on

    There's nothing you could say
    Nothing you could do
    There's no other way when it comes to the truth
    So keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through


    I really love this song and haven't listened to it for ages. Thanks for reminding me about it, she does so many songs which such good lyrics, i really love 'Everybody Hurts' by her
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yo, Yo, Yo!
    Aaaaaall, youuuuu
    Suckah emcee's ain't got nothin' on me!
    On my grades, on my lines. You can't touch Kevin G!
    I'm a Mathlete, so nerd is inferred.
    But forget what you heard,
    I'm like James Bond the Third.
    Sh-Sh-Shaken, not stirred. I'm Kevin Gnapoor.
    The G is silent when I sneak in your door,
    And make love to your woman on the bathroom floor.
    I don't play it like Shaggy. You'll know it was me.
    Cuz the next time you see her she be like "Ohhh! Kevin G!!!"
    Happy Holidays Everybody!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ella! wrote: »
    Yo, Yo, Yo!
    Aaaaaall, youuuuu
    Suckah emcee's ain't got nothin' on me!
    On my grades, on my lines. You can't touch Kevin G!
    I'm a Mathlete, so nerd is inferred.
    But forget what you heard,
    I'm like James Bond the Third.
    Sh-Sh-Shaken, not stirred. I'm Kevin Gnapoor.
    The G is silent when I sneak in your door,
    And make love to your woman on the bathroom floor.
    I don't play it like Shaggy. You'll know it was me.
    Cuz the next time you see her she be like "Ohhh! Kevin G!!!"
    Happy Holidays Everybody!


    If I get that song in my head...I'm going to poke you in the eye with a saussage!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Emmalee wrote: »
    If I get that song in my head...I'm going to poke you in the eye with a saussage!

    hell no, I did not leave the south side for this ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ella! wrote: »
    hell no, I did not leave the south side for this ;)

    * prepares saussage*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Emmalee wrote: »
    * prepares saussage*

    I could sing Jingle Bell Rock, would that help?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ella! wrote: »
    I could sing Jingle Bell Rock, would that help?

    am'a blast Jessie J out..

    I'm feeling sexy and FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    tehehe


    Show me a smile then,
    And don't be unhappy, can't remember when
    I last saw you laughing
    If this world makes you crazy
    And you've taken all you can bear
    You call me up
    Because you know I'll be there
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hahahaaha i think I just pee'd a bit
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Emmalee wrote: »
    hahahaaha i think I just pee'd a bit

    hahahaha I was sniggering away to myself
Sign In or Register to comment.