Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice on mums new boyfriend?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,
Really need some people to tell me what they would do if they were in my situation?
Basically since my mum and dad broke up she has had a lot of different boyfriends. I try to fit in with the new 'family' and struggle at first. when i finally get comfortable with them all my mum breaks up with them and gets to scared to settle down. Its weird but i actually miss a few of her ex's and there kids. I want to be able to have a 'family' but she never allows it. She has just got another new boyfriend and they seem happy enough. Do i try and get close and in with this family or do i just avoid it? I feel mean if i dont get involved because mum gets upset about it but equally i will get upset if i get close to them all then get pulled away. What would you guys do? Please give some opinions? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    My guess would be it's all about balance. So keep your own independent life, try and keep doing some stuff that's just you and your mum, but also try and participate it some things that her new boyfriends family does, but maybe not everything.
  • Options
    I think you should tell her this, and say that you dont want to get to close in case they leave again. Its kind of like you're in the relationship too i guess