Home Home, Law & Money
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Caught speeding

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got a letter today titled 'notice of intention to prosecute'. I fully admit that i was speeding, I had to pick my sister up from work and was in a hurry to get home after a long day. Not an excuse thats just what happened.

At the moment the letter is just asking for who was driving at the time, i guess because my parents are both insured on the car as well.

Im just wondering how likely it will be that i'll just get a fine or what? I dont have any other convictions to my name, no other speeding offences or any points. The letter said something about there may be a summons, or a conditional offer of a fine so im a bit worried.

Comments

• SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,165 Skive's The Limit
    If you were only slightly over you may get the option for a driver awareness course which is expensive but no points. Most people get 3, 4, or 5 points plus a fine (the most common is 3 point). You'll only get summond if you were doing 30mph over the limit.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh ok, i was doing 41 in a 30
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,165 Skive's The Limit
    3 points and a fine most likely.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
    3 points and £60 probably. Remember to declare it when you renew insurance though.
    If they offer speed awareness instead, go for it.
    Ta, everyone!