Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Caught speeding

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got a letter today titled 'notice of intention to prosecute'. I fully admit that i was speeding, I had to pick my sister up from work and was in a hurry to get home after a long day. Not an excuse thats just what happened.

At the moment the letter is just asking for who was driving at the time, i guess because my parents are both insured on the car as well.

Im just wondering how likely it will be that i'll just get a fine or what? I dont have any other convictions to my name, no other speeding offences or any points. The letter said something about there may be a summons, or a conditional offer of a fine so im a bit worried.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    If you were only slightly over you may get the option for a driver awareness course which is expensive but no points. Most people get 3, 4, or 5 points plus a fine (the most common is 3 point). You'll only get summond if you were doing 30mph over the limit.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    oh ok, i was doing 41 in a 30
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    3 points and a fine most likely.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    3 points and £60 probably. Remember to declare it when you renew insurance though.
  • Options
    If they offer speed awareness instead, go for it.
  • Options
    Ta, everyone!