Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i cant do it

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hii all iv had a really bad childhood and now i cant face anything sexually i meet lads and end up dumping them cos i cant do anything.. i can wen i am drunk but thts it

Comments

• Options
    Have you ever seeked out therapy for what happened in your childhood?
  • Options
    *Holly**Holly* Deactivated Posts: 140 Helping Hand
    Hey pippa1989

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad childhood. You've not given much details about what made it so bad, which is fine, but it might be worth talking to a professional about what you went through? As miss_riot asked: have you seeked out any help or therapy? You may not be able to change what happened to you when you were young - but you do have control over how you let it affect your life.

I know it's daunting, but if you feel able to, it may be worth getting in touch with Get Connected - a confidential service which will be able to help you get the right support for what you're going through. You can either get help through their website, or their freephone number 0808 808 4994 which is open from 1pm daily.

You can also use our AskTheSite service - there's a link here. You can ask any question, completely confidentially and you'll get a response from an expert withing 3 working days.

Whatever you decide to do, it's important to know you're not alone. TheSite is always here when you need someone to talk to.

Let us know how you get on.

Big hugs *hug*

Holly
  • Options
    I feel im in the same position, i just dont know what to do :( i cant have a proper relationship because i know at some point its gunna be brought up
  • Options
    I've had to bring up my experiences with a couple of partners now because of flashbacks and pain. If they are worth it they will be understanding and caring and work with you on having a healthy sexual relationship.

There's a whole host of books which can be helpful to work through sexual abusive experiences as a child, there's also http://www.napac.org.uk/ which has a host of free downloadable booklets which might be really helpful.

I hope that's helpful!
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »

If they are worth it they will be understanding and caring and work with you

:yes: