Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pregnant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,
Me and my girlfriend have had unprotected sexual intercourse(i didnt ejaculate inside her) in October...In November she had her period and she got sick and stopped taking her pill for the whole month. She usually has her period in the beginning of the month but it is already the 20th and nothing ... We didnt have any intercourse since October and she doesnt have any pregnancy symptoms...Is her menstrual cycle changed because she has stopped taking her pill? Or she is actually pregnant?

Note: she has been taking it correctly for 2 years

Comments

• Options
    Its more likely that coming off the pill has affected her as she's taking all her pills properly and had a period. If you're still worried best way to know i do a pregnancy test
  • Options
    we are going to planned parenthood tomorrow i just want to know what to expect...thanks for replying :D
  • Options
    Hi Andrew1000,

Welcome to the boards :wave:

That's great you are planning to go to a clinic as only a doctor can really know what is going on.

It does seem that from what you said, if you did not have any type of sexual activity since her last period, and she has no symptoms, that it is unlikely. However there is always a risk, whether intercourse was involved or not - as any sperm near the vagina can cause pregnancy.

Have a look at our article on missed periods, which explains some possible causes.

Do let us know how you get on :)
  • Options
    the only thing we had since then was the oral she game once...so no sperm got inside her
  • Options
    If there is sperm on hands, and you have potentially being playing around then its still possible. The only way to be 100% is to take a test.
  • Options
    as i recall when she finished she went immediately to the bathroom and washed her hands...but we'll see the results tomorrow..also we didnt have time for anything else..
  • Options
    Andrew1000 wrote: »
    i didnt ejaculate inside her
    Just wanted to add, because I don't think anyone has, this doesn't make a difference. You can still get pregnant, it only takes one sperm, and sperm are present in pre-cum.

But in the circumstances I think the missed period is probably just because of her coming off the pill :)
  • Options
    it does make a difference. It doesnt make it impossible, but it does make it a lot less likely if he didnt ejaculate.

Id put money on him just saying that he didnt ejaculate though as he doesnt want a kid
  • Options
    Hello guys,

As it turned out she isn't pregnant...apparently she missed her period because she stopped taking her pill...The doctor prescribed something (no idea what) and also advised us to use condoms next time...I immediately went to the nearest pharmacy and bought a pack of condoms xD... i think that from now on i'll hate unprotected sex for ever aha

Aw and i forgot to add... her pill, besides preventing the egg from being released creates some sort of liquid which makes it difficult for sperm to reach the tubes...

By the way...a pack of 12 condoms here is about 12dollars... I have browsed a few sites that ship condoms at good prices...what site would you recommend?
  • Options
    Hey Andrew1000, glad to hear that things have all turned out well for you both and it sounds like you've been facing it all together which is really cool :)

TheSite.org is based in the UK and it sounds like you're from the USA so in terms of where you can get condoms shipped from over there we wont be of much help I'm afraid...

Saying that, have you heard of Scarleteen? They provide sexual health info online and also have discussion forums and they're based in the USA, could be worth a look. Here's the link: http://www.scarleteen.com/
  • Options
    I'm from Europe actually...but thanks anyway... and we have sort of another problem...

she takes Diane 35 (pill) and the doctor says that it dries her ovaries and she cant release an egg...well, it's sorta good for us because it provides us some extra protection but if,someday we want kids, will this affect her fertility in the future?
  • Options
    It shouldnt do, the pill is designed so that fertility isnt affected in the future but if you're worried about that a doctor can give you more information
  • Options
    Andrew1000 wrote: »
    By the way...a pack of 12 condoms here is about 12dollars... I have browsed a few sites that ship condoms at good prices...what site would you recommend?

That's a hell of a lot cheaper than a baby, sunshine.
  • Options
    Yeah but remember these days the government pay for your babies :/
  • Options
    it does make a difference. It doesnt make it impossible, but it does make it a lot less likely if he didnt ejaculate./QUOTE]

I know, but the way he wrote it made it seem as though he thought it was a form of contraception to remove before ejaculation and wanted it to be clear to anyone reading the thread that you can still get pregnant :)