Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Red hair + Bleach = Oh no.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So... I tried to bleach my red hair. It's all gone horribly wrong. Roots are white, ends are orange.
Help? :crying:

Comments

• Options
    are you able to make an appointment with the hairdressers? theyve been really sympathetic over my hair disasters and are more able to sort it
  • Options
    I don't have any money, but I'm trying to convince my mum to book me an appointment at the training salon place because it'll be cheaper.

I've bleached it twice, and it's got lighter, do you think if I do it again it'll get lighter or just stay orange? :/
  • Options
    I'd google it more but what I've read there are different stages to bleaching hair. The orangey stage is the first. Did you bleach your roots too? Aaand you know it already I'm sure but conditition the bejesus out of it!

Good luck!
  • Options
    It'll get lighter but red hair keeps an orange tint.
  • Options
    Don't do it. Go get it fixed or your hair will start coming out in handfuls. Trust me.
  • Options
    Last resort - go to your local college and get them to fix it - it'll be cheap and they should be able to do it right cos they'll be supervised.

Worth giving a go if you can't get it done at a salon.
  • Options
    Ash shades neutralise orange best, that's what I did.
  • Options
    It's still very orange, school are trying to kick me out until I dye it again... but there's no way I'm putting any more dye on for a while, it's falling out when I touch it :(

Miss_Riot, I never thought about going to the local colleges, thanks for that :) I'm going to leave it a few weeks though I think, very scared it'll all fall out!
  • Options
    It's still very orange, school are trying to kick me out until I dye it again... but there's no way I'm putting any more dye on for a while, it's falling out when I touch it :(

Miss_Riot, I never thought about going to the local colleges, thanks for that :) I'm going to leave it a few weeks though I think, very scared it'll all fall out!

Try an ash blonde, like picc suggested, to lessen the red, then dark brown. That's what I did and it was DARK to begin with, but then it faded to a semi-normal colour that was near enough my natural rat brown.
  • Options
    BUT!!!!

go for semi colours not perminants!!! and be aware your hair will soak up the colour like a sponge so check the colour process often and take it off early if you think you need to or you'll end up with a darker result
  • Options
    you need a toner put on your hair to nutraslise the colour. I think your best bet in a salon with well qualifified stylists...Also keep up with the protien treatments as your hair is likely to break with all this colouring!!!