Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Things you wished the opposite sex knew

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a fun thread really, but there are things I've very seldom said in relationships because obviously you don't want to hurt your partner, but things that seemingly the opposite sex doesn't seem to realise. So a contribution each :D nothing too scathing I guess

To women:
We actually don't care that much what you look like if we already love you. Looks make a difference at first impressions, after that we just want to be with you whatever you look like. We do get put off by the continual self-loathing and 'I look ugly' though.

Comments

• Options
    To men:
    If a woman tells you she's gay, the right answer is not, "You don't look gay". Just saying. :p
  • Options
    to some men,

No B.O is NOT manly, it just shows you can't be arsed to wash. This is NOT attractive.
  • Options
    We are not over-playing our suffering during our period.
  • Options
    To some straights.

In answer to your 'I know a gay bloke/women he/she is called David/Janet. Do you know them ?'

Surprisingly, i don't know everyone in the UK, let alone the world, who is gay by their first name.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    To men:
    If a woman tells you she's gay, the right answer is not, "You don't look gay". Just saying. :p

and 'No, you can't watch/join in either.' :D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Surprisingly, i don't know everyone in the UK, let alone the world, who is gay by their first name.

... but by being shown their wiener you could probably make a good guess, I'm betting! :D
  • Options
    Well i'm prepared to 'suck it and see'.
  • Options
    We hate mixed signals as much as you do - so please don't do it. If you like us then say so if not then fuck off.
  • Options
    Make a fucking decision, for god's sake. :d

Seriously though, there's nothing better than when a girl has something she really wants to do and share with you. Even better if it involves a bedroom. What? I had to reduce it to that level eventually.
  • Options
    I asked you if you wanted chips You said no.

So leave mine the fuck alone.
  • Options
    I love all these so far
    Ballerina wrote: »
    We hate mixed signals as much as you do - so please don't do it. If you like us then say so if not then fuck off.

This.
  • Options
    I wish they knew how much I hate those loaded questions, that only serve the purpose to get mad at me.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    To some straights.

In answer to your 'I know a gay bloke/women he/she is called David/Janet. Do you know them ?'

Oh, yeah, that annoys me. :mad:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I wish they knew how much I hate those loaded questions, that only serve the purpose to get mad at me.

A lot of the time they're already mad at you, but it might be for something trivial like a dream they had, so they need to ask you something so you can say something so they can misconstrue it and get legitimately angry at you. Fun times :D.

Something women might know, but don't seem to appreciate: men can enjoy silence very much. I've had whole afternoons spent with male friends where we just sit down, enjoy each other's company and watch TV, in near silence. I've found women feel the need to fill silences with words, even if it's a load of gibberish nobody is interested in and it can spoil enjoyment of the moment for us guys. In my experience girls get mad at me for not engaging them in a long and deep conversation about nothing every hour of the day. They don't realise I enjoy the quiet times, too :(.
  • Options
    Girls: saying shit like "oooh, my boobs got bigger" and expecting me to go "wow, I love boobs and yours got bigger which makes you awesome". You got fatter. I know it. You know it. Don't make me say it.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »

Something women might know, but don't seem to appreciate: men can enjoy silence very much. I've had whole afternoons spent with male friends where we just sit down, enjoy each other's company and watch TV, in near silence. I've found women feel the need to fill silences with words, even if it's a load of gibberish nobody is interested in and it can spoil enjoyment of the moment for us guys. In my experience girls get mad at me for not engaging them in a long and deep conversation about nothing every hour of the day. They don't realise I enjoy the quiet times, too :(.

This!

I had a friend I sat on a rock on the shore of a sea in finland, she eating an apple, me watching the sunset for 10 minutes without one word exchanged, before I mustered, "Do you know what I like about you? With you it is great remaining silent."

Others tend to go, "you are so calm today. Something wrong?" Because of this I feel awkwardness in silence even tho I enjoy it.

Another thing that pisses me off, that they apparently do not know when I make an genuine compliment. They either think I am trying to woo them out of their pants or say it to make them feel better without meaning it or something like that. I mean what I say, so understand that, and therefore know what kind of answer you can expect when you ask me, if you look fat in that dress, when you in fact look fat in that dress.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If we ask wether or not you want to do something, or whether you would like us to do something for you the correct response is Yes or No or varying degrees of either.

It is not 'If you like'
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Guys: The clitoris does not work like an on/off button...It requires frequent stimulation.
  • Options
    Don't ask "does this look good?" if you don't want my answer.
  • Options
    I'm loving this thread :D

Ladies: if we've pissed you off, more often than not we have not done it on purpose therefore there's a very good chance we have no idea what it is we've done. So when we ask what's wrong, that is not a case of "if you really loved me then you'd know" or "if you really were interested in me then you'd know", usually we simply don't know - us men tend to be simple creatures.

If you want to sort out whatever it is, and believe me the vast majority of the time we genuinely care and want to help, leave the cold-shoulder treatment and just tell us.

Also as someone else mentioned, if we love you and are happy to spend the rest of our lives with you, we don't care if you've put weight on or what you're wearing. OK, maybe it's not that we don't care what you wear, but if you look good and we tell you, f'ing believe it! We love you, we think you're hot, you're the one we want to be with.
  • Options
    Guys: Its ok to be honest about your intentions with me. If you just want a shag, then say it. Dont think you have to pretend to be interested in me to get what you want. I'd have alot more respect for you if you just came out and said it from the very beginning. Yea i might say no but I'd prefer that.

Then if you actually like me, then tell me, dont be vague about it!
  • Options

To women:
    We actually don't care that much what you look like if we already love you. Looks make a difference at first impressions, after that we just want to be with you whatever you look like. We do get put off by the continual self-loathing and 'I look ugly' though.

cool. *puts on scabby tracksuit and scrapes hair back into a ponytail*
  • Options
    cool. *puts on scabby tracksuit and scrapes hair back into a ponytail*

Just to be clear, if you're not reaching basic standards of presentation or hygiene then yea, we'll notice you're letting yourself go a bit. But tbh when I'm curled up with the girl I love I don't care if she's just got out of bed and wearing some horribly outdated nightie that doesn't fit well, or is made up to look immaculate. I don't care if she puts on 20 pounds, or if her hair is all frizzy today.

A lot of girls I know and have dated obsess over looking immaculate at every single moment and I can't help but feel some women don't realise that they don't have to look perfect all the time for men. Maybe I'm wrong, but at least with young women (16-25) it has always come across as the impression I got, they are always anxious about looking great to make sure I don't hate them.
  • Options
    lol yeah, i see what you mean, but then i see a lot of people who let themselves go, and then wonder why their man doesnt seem to find them as attractive anymore. Its nice to try and make yourself attractive for your man (and vice versa) If you stop caring about that, then it aint gonna go far

As long as its not taken to extremes
  • Options
    Just to be clear, if you're not reaching basic standards of presentation or hygiene then yea, we'll notice you're letting yourself go a bit. But tbh when I'm curled up with the girl I love I don't care if she's just got out of bed and wearing some horribly outdated nightie that doesn't fit well, or is made up to look immaculate. I don't care if she puts on 20 pounds, or if her hair is all frizzy today.

A lot of girls I know and have dated obsess over looking immaculate at every single moment and I can't help but feel some women don't realise that they don't have to look perfect all the time for men. Maybe I'm wrong, but at least with young women (16-25) it has always come across as the impression I got, they are always anxious about looking great to make sure I don't hate them.

Amen brother. If she's the one I love then I don't care if she hasn't done her hair, make up, changed out of her paint stained podgies or has a "mummy tummy" etc if she's the woman I love then she looks hot to me, end of.
  • Options
  • Options
    :d :d :d
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Guys: Its ok to be honest about your intentions with me. If you just want a shag, then say it. Dont think you have to pretend to be interested in me to get what you want. I'd have alot more respect for you if you just came out and said it from the very beginning. Yea i might say no but I'd prefer that.

Then if you actually like me, then tell me, dont be vague about it!

THIS!!!! So many times I have guys pretend to be interested in me to get a shag. If that's all you want then that's cool - as long as you tell me first so I know that's all it is and I don't waste my time seeing if there's more to it. It's not asking much to want to be on the same page.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    THIS!!!! So many times I have guys pretend to be interested in me to get a shag. If that's all you want then that's cool - as long as you tell me first so I know that's all it is and I don't waste my time seeing if there's more to it. It's not asking much to want to be on the same page.

:yes:
  • Options
    If she's the one I love then I don't care if she hasn't done her hair, make up, changed out of her paint stained podgies or has a "mummy tummy" etc if she's the woman I love then she looks hot to me, end of.

Depends how far you take it. Bed-head's hot, no make up can be sexy, a "mummy tummy" is nice because it was caused by my baby.

But never wearing makeup, never wearing nice clothes, never making an effort? Sorry but no, that's really not on and I'm not going to continue to love someone who does that. You see so many women who have kids and then never ever bother wearing makeup or nice clothes and I just think that sometimes they ought to make a bit more of an effort. For themselves rather than for anyone else.