Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My best friend and her boyfriend.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, im a male and my bestfriend is a female, n her boyfriend is also a close mate, i feel meh about this whole sitauation so im going to keep it as short as possible.

recently they broke up because he doesnt do anything romantic with her hes just on xbox all the time shes over his and shes on a laptop mainly talking to me or something about how boring it is aswell as other problems she mentioned when she broke up with him. She saw him more of a friend now than a boyfriend
I thought it was the right thing to do, she wasn't happy and he didnt try, even though he is my friend she doesn't deserve that. So anyway a few days later she took him back saying theyre going to try fix the problems, which sounds fair enough at an outside glance but theyve been trying to fix the problems for a while and it didnt work or if it does now i dont think it will last

I want to tell her I think she's made a mistake but don't want her to think it's for any other reason or anything. I know it's sort of not my buisness but i feel its my duty sort of thing as a best friend to warn her or something, or should I just stfu and leave it to work/break or such?

Comments

• Options
    Meddle with their relationship and they will hate you both, regardless of you being right or wrong in the end. It is just way more convenient to blame your failed relationship on an outside factor that didn't really do anything to disturb.

Never do this. All you can do is sit and watch.
  • Options
    If it does go sideways I would feel like i've failed as a best friend or something :l guess it's better than being hated in the end.
  • Options
    If it does go sideways I would feel like i've failed as a best friend or something :l guess it's better than being hated in the end.

You can still be a best friend and be there for her after it all went sideways, and that's usually more appreciated.

I should add that it all depends on the person tho. I do have friends that I can tell my concerns about their relationship and it wouldn't do much harm, because they would realize that I was right in the end and be not too proud to admit that. But I can safely say, after being in the position myself a couple times, it is generally not a good idea, to remind people of their mistakes when they deliberately blind themselves so they do not have to admit to their failure.
  • Options
    She could probably take me saying it like but I'd feel bad if I did, sort of tough love, throughout this whole situation ive tried to be realistic, he wants to propose to her n everything on her 18th which I think is wayyyy too young too :l
  • Options
    She could probably take me saying it like but I'd feel bad if I did, sort of tough love, throughout this whole situation ive tried to be realistic, he wants to propose to her n everything on her 18th which I think is wayyyy too young too :l

This is none of your concern, tho.
  • Options
    I'm with StrubbleS on this one. It's none of your business. If either of them want your help, I'm sure they'll say so.
  • Options
    Simple. Don't meddle unless they ask you to meddle.

In fact, even then, don't meddle
  • Options
    Don't get involved with other people's relationships unless they initiate it.
  • Options
    none of your business. It will not end well. If its a mistake, then let her make her own
  • Options
    The best thing you can do is be a good friend and a good support to her. Unfortunately, at this point it seems as though you should let her figure it out on her own. I had a similar situation where a close female friend was involved with a guy that was controlling, manipulative and many other things. I tried to help but found out that it only created more stress on her so in turn I had to just be there when she needed and let her figure it out on her own.