Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A question on one night stands

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I had my first time, I knew the person a bit but I didn't tell them it was my first time. It soon became pretty physically obvious as things progressed and there was a bit of embarrassment, shock and awkwardness on both sides. Not good. I say, wait til you know someone well enough to be able to say "look, this is my first time." They will either say "Hold on there a minute!" and run a mile, or they'll be decent about it. And what you want is the latter unless you want to spend hours looking back with your head in your hands going "what the fuck did I do that for??"

sorry what happened?
  • Options
    She said in the second sentence.
  • Options
    Was it just the bleeding?
  • Options
    Yeah, I bled a lot and was in a lot of pain so it was pretty obvious. I wish now that I had just told the truth as we could then have picked a more comfortable time and place to do it and I would have been more relaxed and ready for it.
  • Options
    Yeah, I bled a lot and was in a lot of pain so it was pretty obvious. I wish now that I had just told the truth as we could then have picked a more comfortable time and place to do it and I would have been more relaxed and ready for it.

were they the only signs though?
  • Options
    They are quite major signs if I'm going to take this seriously!
  • Options
    If I think about how emotionally screwed up I've been known to be when someone I've kissed in a club doesn't call me back, I can't imagine how I'd feel if I lost my virginity to someone and they didn't want to know me in the morning, even if it was planned.

Maybe you're not as clingy as I am (most people aren't, granted), but sex is a huge thing emotionally and given all the societal pressure, etc. I worry it would actually harm your self-esteem even compared to being a virgin at the moment.
  • Options
    i just want it out the way and to know what its like fed up of waiting tbh
  • Options
    *shrug*

Stop asking for advice if you've made your mind up. We'll no doubt see you in a bit when you realise you've made an almight fuck up, but hey ho.
  • Options
    jsl1983 wrote: »
    i just want it out the way and to know what its like fed up of waiting tbh

Why? I would rather wait and lose it with someone who cared for and loved me than a one night stand.
  • Options
    jsl1983 wrote: »
    were they the only signs though?

Yeah, that and probably the fact that I didn't have a clue what I was doing!