Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The "What Are You Thinking" Thread...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Utterly bored shitless. I think I'll sellotape something...
  • Options
    Black or Purple
  • Options
    Really? AGAIN? Do you not have anything BETTER to do with your life than try to make mine miserable for the last seven fucking years?
  • Options
    is thinking maybe I should put the lottery on at weekend. I need a miracle :(
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Mmmm, COOKIE DOUGH :D:D
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Oh it feels sooo good to have taken those flipping heels off...
  • Options
    Mmmm, COOKIE DOUGH :D:D

yummmy!! ;)
  • Options
    Good knowing I have lost 1 1/2 stone in a week! ^.^
  • Options
    Good knowing I have lost 1 1/2 stone in a week! ^.^

That can't possibly be healthy.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    That can't possibly be healthy.

My thoughts exactly.

That's, what, 3lbs a day? What are you doing, shedding your skin every day?
  • Options
    My thoughts exactly.

That's, what, 3lbs a day? What are you doing, shedding your skin every day?

Must resist commenting! :D
  • Options
    Must resist commenting! :D

Well done, honey. I'm proud of you. Have a cookie...

cookie-small.gif
  • Options
    One pound of body fat is about 3500 calories, i.e. to lose one pound of fat you need to consume 3500 calories less than you use. To lose three pounds you need to consume 10500 calories fewer than you use.

If you're genuinely losing that much weight then you are losing water, not fat, which is really unhealthy and not at all sustainable. If you're not genuinely losing it, then you need to think carefully about what you're posting.

Either way, there are better ways to get attention.
  • Options
    Why oh why oh why did I think late nights at the weekend were a good idea?
  • Options
    O2 learn!
  • Options
    Mmm, cheesecake
  • Options
    These boards are slowly descending into an emotional ghetto.
  • Options
    Slowly descending?

TBH they're no better and no worse than they've ever been. Where you have teenagers you'll have teen-angsters and attention seekers. You'll also have some very genuinely unwell people. I have my thoughts on both categories but try to assume everyone is genuine- even if they're not, someone else reading the boards will be.

People who lie about things for attention need to have a good long look at themselves. It's despicable and it can really hurt people with genuine problems.
  • Options
    I've not been about as long as you have, but it seems to me that it's got markedly worse over the past six-to-eight months or so. H&W used to have the sticky thread, and a few specific issues threads in and amongst rashes, sprained ankles etc.- which is what I'd expect. It just ain't like that any more. Creative has been taken over almost completely by some of the *assume my choice of adjective* poetry going. And it's become more and more pervasive in Anything Goes.

I'm with your sentiment almost exactly: I'm not going to reply to anything specifically, but it makes the boards extremely frustrating and grim reading - at best.
  • Options
    The difficulty is that this has already been discussed and a lot of members agreed that certain things should be kept to the dedicated stickies but short of reporting individual posts you can't force people to stick to that. Everyone has different ideas of what is or isn't appropriate and that's always going to be the case. I'm taking my oar out now, because having said all of that it is probably true that this thread isn't the ideal place for this conversation.
  • Options
    Boobs,Bras and cup sizes
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I've not been about as long as you have, but it seems to me that it's got markedly worse over the past six-to-eight months or so. H&W used to have the sticky thread, and a few specific issues threads in and amongst rashes, sprained ankles etc.- which is what I'd expect. It just ain't like that any more. Creative has been taken over almost completely by some of the *assume my choice of adjective* poetry going. And it's become more and more pervasive in Anything Goes.

I'm with your sentiment almost exactly: I'm not going to reply to anything specifically, but it makes the boards extremely frustrating and grim reading - at best.

I'm sorry to read you perceive the boards that way. However, I'd say power to the thread starters - these boards are created by you guys and you have the opportunity to start conversations on the topics that you feel would bring more levity/enjoyment to the community... :)
  • Options
    I'm thinking of my best friend. She's awesome. That's all.
  • Options
    Worried aout my best friend becaue she's not texting me back after what happened yesterday :\
    She normally picks them up instantly :(
  • Options
    4 o'clock is TEA TIME!

Tea and cake and company in the common room. Win.
  • Options
    I need to wear shorter jeans when it's wet and raining outside. No fun walking around with soggy jeans.
  • Options
    If you're genuinely losing that much weight then you are losing water, not fat, which is really unhealthy and not at all sustainable.

As Artic Roll says, that kind of weight loss is really worrying Cupcake. If you're feeling you'd like some support around issues to do with your weight and food then it's best to head over to health & wellbing and post a new thread where people will be happy to help you :yes:
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    As Artic Roll says, that kind of weight loss is really worrying Cupcake. If you're feeling you'd like some support around issues to do with your weight and food then it's best to head over to health & wellbing and post a new thread where people will be happy to help you :yes:

Fair enough, have to gain it any way!!!

I am thinking WOW, HAVEN'T HAD CHOCOLATE CAKE IN FOREVER, I missed it :(
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Lalalala...
    ^literally.
    :yum:
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Also, wow, people use a lot of plugs to grow cannabis