Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

lumpy breast.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have been getting some acheyness in my left breast. my nephew pulled my arm a good couple of months ago and i got a really awful pain running right down from my armpit and along the side of the breast so i think maybe its been that.
i had a feel about and it felt lumpy on both side but a bit more so on the left. any hoo i saw doc last week and she said that yes the left felt lumpier than the right but it felt like normal breast tissue and that its natural to feel different either side. she said to keep and eye on it and come back if there was any problems.
im still really worried though and im poking and prodding it every day and its probably only making it worse.
anyone else have one breast lumpier than the other? and could it have been the pull that is creating this achiness?

Comments

• Options
    The more you worry the more you will stress. I know its easy to say, but try to relax. Don't keep looking or feeling it all day because in your mind it will look bigger and worse.

I cant see its having your arm pulled that's causing the problem otherwise it wouldn't be on both sides. Perhaps you had it before but this has only just brought your attention to it.

Give it a while then return to the docs if your still worried.
  • Options
    the lumpiness has always been there but its just the fact that its lumpier on the left side where its achey even though the doc wasnt worried i still am. just a panic merchant i think
  • Options
    wee wuman wrote:
    the lumpiness has always been there but its just the fact that its lumpier on the left side where its achey even though the doc wasnt worried i still am. just a panic merchant i think
    It is possible then then rip some muscles. But tbh even after a couple of months the pain would have gone. To rest your mind, go back to the docs and even ask for a scan.

Dont worry though. :)
  • Options
    would that still ache now even though it was a good few months ago. it really hurt at the time
  • Options
    wee wuman wrote:
    would that still ache now even though it was a good few months ago. it really hurt at the time
    I edited my previouse post to late. :blush:
  • Options
    i think im just panicing because my aunty had breast cancer. the doc sais it was natural for one breast to be lumpier than the other and that it did feel like normal tissue to her. i guess im just looking for someone else to say that they have the same.
  • Options
    +Kirsten++Kirsten+ Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    That's good you're what they call breast aware and checked things out with your GP when you were concerned. Most lumps woman find on their breasts are benign, particularly when we're young, and all of us are asymmetrical! So - especially given your GP's opinion - you more than likely are just fine. If your breast continues to hurt, you may want to go back to your doctor for another look or seek a second opinion later.

Breast Cancer Care's site has a lot of information, including forums you can browse.
  • Options
    thanks for that breast cancer care link. i had a good look and you can actually email a trained nurse to ask about your worries. which i did. i was sent a very imformative email in less that 24 hours and it was quite reassuring. i have however made an appointment with another gp just to get a second opinion. my aunt had breast cancer and thats making me worried despite knowing its rare at my age. the doc i saw misdiagnosed my aunt and i think thats why i want that second opinion. im pretty sure the first doc is right but i will continue to worry and there is no point when i can seek a secon opinion. better to be safe than sorry. the worry affects my diabetes as well.
    thanks again.
  • Options
    wee wuman wrote:
    thanks for that breast cancer care link. i had a good look and you can actually email a trained nurse to ask about your worries. which i did. i was sent a very imformative email in less that 24 hours and it was quite reassuring. i have however made an appointment with another gp just to get a second opinion. my aunt had breast cancer and thats making me worried despite knowing its rare at my age. the doc i saw misdiagnosed my aunt and i think thats why i want that second opinion. im pretty sure the first doc is right but i will continue to worry and there is no point when i can seek a secon opinion. better to be safe than sorry. the worry affects my diabetes as well.
    thanks again.
    Your right, its better to be safe than sorry. Plus it will leave your mind in reassurance. :)
  • Options
    well i saw another doc today and she said that everthing was fine so worry over. she reassured me that i wasnt time wasting and i was right to get a second opinion if i was worried. my aunt found out she had breast cancer by going for a second opinion and it ultimately saved her life.
    thanks for all advice x
  • Options
    Good for you for getting it double checked, worryiong about stuff is a real pain. Glad all's ok. Sometimes my 'breasts' (read as bee stings) are lumpy, but I think they both get lumoy at the same time.