Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Being 15 is more difficult than i thought..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
AARRGH! why do i feel like i still miss him?! i've 'moved' on now, i'm with somebody new and it's been 5months with him, he's also been with someone for 4months.. :yuck:
i hate him and his girlfriend, but i dont have a clue why i feel like i miss him? there's a first for everything but i didnt know it would mean having it on your mind constantly! i don't know whether to regret doing that small thing, or be glad i didnt..!

I've hurt myself over this stupid thing, but i just wish i didn't date him; i have no clue who to talk to anymore so i joined this website, because i know that there's people i dont know in person and they wont blab it to my friends.. :/

hmmrph.. too many emotions going on when youre only 15..

Comments

• Options
    It all goes past. Difficult age, but try to take it as lightly as possible. Todays troubles are tomorrows memories.
  • Options

i hate him and his girlfriend, but i dont have a clue why i feel like i miss him?

I feel like that about my ex :/ It's difficult, but stay strong, and if you haven't already get rid of everything to do with him and block his facebook etc. because that's the final stage to letting go.

It will take time, and you never really get over any one you truly love, all you can do is think of him as good memories that wont happen again *hug*
  • Options
    Aww it is tough, especially at your age when you think it's the end of the world. But, you grow to realise that there simply is no other option than to just ride it out. Time is a great healer, as they say.

I agree though, make sure you don't have access to his facebook, this will just prolong it. And busy yourself with other things, hobbies, etc. You learn from experience after all, so this is a good thing...think of it like that.
  • Options
    Sorry.. looong reply.. :P :/

i know i have somebody new-ish, he keeps telling me the same and so do my friends.. he's not talking to the both of them because of it, etc. i'm at the age where things feel like its all wrong but i only realise that when i'm on my own or in a good mood.. :/
    i've blocked and removed him, etc.. i've gotten rid of a few things, but at times he's either on my mind (the memories.. i cant seem to get rid of them..) or he's in the conversation.. i refered him as 'Poofter' (family joke.. :P) and i always say that name then i start thinking, or try to avoid the subject.. it doesnt help when i'm the type that doesnt let go of things easily, i keep the things that i'm used to and/or the things i really like.. ><

as you said, i just gotta learn to live with the experience; which will help me in the next relationship, or something; it took me 1 + 1/2 year(s) to get over the last guy.. and now we're close friends again :) but i feel as if i have to see him or if i hear someone who sounds similar to him, i get nervous and have to make myself look happy to impress, but then i get upset when its not him.. :'/ ><
  • Options
    You're 15 and saying it took you 1.5 years to get over the last guy? Try not to worry yourself too much, I only had my first kiss at 15!
  • Options
    i only had my first kiss at 14 on my birthday last year.. im slow with relationships.. :/
  • Options
    You are not that slow if you started pre 14.

I'm saddened by the social norm that is beginning to appear, that you're not normal if you have not started dating people at a young age. Who cares, be happy with yourself.
  • Options
    I'm going through the same thing I broke up with my gf two weeks ago. I love her and still do. Don't know what to do :(
  • Options
    i only had my first kiss at 14 on my birthday last year.. im slow with relationships.. :/

That's not slow, don't worry! I was 18 and I didn't have a relationship 'til I was 21.

But, on topic, some people just find exes hard to shake off. I'm the same. I've just had to accept it as a part of my personality and I try to avoid them as far as possible (deleted on Fb, or at least hidden from news feed, etc.)

And, yes, being 15 sucks. Things can only get better.
  • Options
    I was 16 when I had my first kiss and it was poor and 17 when I had my first real relationship.
  • Options
    it happened a while ago (back in august 2010..) the fact that i went straight back into a relationship at least 3weeks afterwards could be another cause of letting go.. :/
    i have no clue, i'm trying to move on the best i can; i just miss everything we used to do, i won't be able to do them again.. D:
  • Options
    it happened a while ago (back in august 2010..) the fact that i went straight back into a relationship at least 3weeks afterwards could be another cause of letting go.. :/
    i have no clue, i'm trying to move on the best i can; i just miss everything we used to do, i won't be able to do them again.. D:

First off - 14 is not slow!! Take your time and do what you want, when you're ready...don't compare yourself to anyone else...everyone is different.

Try to take a break when you come out of a relationship. Personally, I think rushing into another will spark insecurities that will make you afraid of being single. When in reality, you should be able to be comfortable being single and more importantly, getting to know yourself...especially when taking your age into consideration.

Also, how do you expect to get over someone when you don't give yourself the time. Instead you have 'rushed' into something else and masked over old feelings, instead of dealing with them.
  • Options
    It's kinda hard having to deal with things like these and school work.. i know i should be having fun but i'm more of a quiet person who don't mix well with other people.
    I've got into another relationship quickly, i'm not used to having a boyfriend, it's kinda new to me and it's hard for me to understand people change and move on..

yeah, people are different, there's people who do things completely different to what i do; i just can't seem to realize anything when there's a lot going on :/
  • Options
    You need to do what you 'want' to do, not what you think you 'should' do. So for you, having fun may include finding a quiet activity/hobby that you can focus on. Have you ever tried horse riding?

We are all different...so just go with your feelings and accept yourself for who you are.