Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

not doing too good

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If I treated someone really bad and they got angry with me (or otherwise had negative feelings towards me) how could they bring themselves to hold it in and treat everyone else good? I certainly can't. If I were angry with anyone, I'd treat everyone around me like shit. Hey, jsut sayin...

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    If I am angry with someone, why should I be angry with others? It's not like they are to be blamed for my anger and I would be pissed if someone was cranky with me, even tho it was not my fault.

To save you from making more of your useless threads: If you think someone is behaving weird and you would behave differently, just rest assured that 99% of this forum will agree with this 'someone' and think that you are out of line.
  • Options
    How do you think society would function if everyone behaved like this? It wouldn't. Lots of people feel angry but most know better than to use it as an excuse to treat people like shit. Sometimes people do lash out against an innocent person when angry in some way but most will take responsibility for their actions, apologize and try to make up for it.

If you behave like this then people wont want to be around you. Why should other people put themselves at risk from your negative behaviour just because you cant control yourself?

If you cant control your behaviour then you a least need to be prepared to feel some sort of shame and be prepared to apologize for your behavior rather than acting like a tragic victim of other peoples meanness.
  • Options
    I think all I can do is repeat what a lot of people have said before, which is that if you really want to address this problem you need to deal with it properly through anger management and therapy.

In the mean time, try the oldest trick in the book; count slowly to ten in your head to try and calm down before you react and think carefully before you do anything about the long-term effect it will have on that person and how they relate to you. If you really thought about how much it upsets you when someone is angry perhaps you would think twice before doing all these things that will clearly make them angry at you.
  • Options
    I'm PMSing. This is NOT one of my saner moments. Generally though, I've recently progressed to where I'm admitting I'm wrong.
  • Options
    I'm PMSing. This is NOT one of my saner moments. Generally though, I've recently progressed to where I'm admitting I'm wrong.

I always thought you are a guy.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »

Same
  • Options

How come?
  • Options
    Nah that whole windexing a coat thing seemed feminine. In an aggressive bitchy way.
  • Options
    How come?

I thought you were fancying this kyra person. And, heteronormative as I am, this was - among other - a sign for being male.
  • Options
    I thought you were fancying this kyra person. And, heteronormative as I am, this was - among other - a sign for being male.

I never "fancied" her. I just wanted to be friends, not get into a r-ship.
  • Options
    I bet your romantic relationships would be interesting.
  • Options
    Hi there stoned_angel432,

It is understandable for you to be angry and feel upset when someone treats you badly. However it is important to keep this anger and try to deal with it, looking at what was said to upset you. Taking it out on other people will not solve the situation and might make you think you will probably feel better - but at the end of the day the only way anger can get better is to face it!

You are always welcome to vent on thesite.org and this is what we are here for :) however should you feel you need further help and exploration, have a look a this article on dealing with anger, as well as perhaps contacting MIND and seeing if they can help.