Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lies you told your kids

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kaff you meanie! :eek:

I know! I've made my peace with it. And I'm nice to him the rest of the time, so it balances out.

I don't do it all the time, just when I have something especially tasty ;)
  • Options
    When I was a kid, my brother convinced me that internal bleeding and eternal bleeding was the same thing, and if you got too many bruises eventually so much of your blood would be leaking into your tissue you'd just pop.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    A friend of mine was convinced by her older sisters that if you put some ham in the VCR it would play a short film about pigs.
    :heart::D
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Which is true. Carrots are a good source of Vitamin A, essential for good eyesight. Amongst other things, a difficiency in vitamin A causes the condition night blindness.
    It's not true. They're a good source of the vitamin which is good for your eye health, but it won't improve your eyesight as it is currently. If your eye is damaged it's damaged. Carrots won't fix that.
  • Options
    No. If you have a defficiency in vitamin A you have difficulty seeing in poor light, eat carrots (or vitamin A) it corrects that. OK the'lie' may be slighlty at fault as it's vitamin A not specifficaly carrots. If you had night blindness, you took a course of vitamin A it would cure it. Therefore carrots do help you see in the dark. I win, ner ner ner ner ner :)

Also vitamin A is used in a condition in the eye, i dont know what it's called, that's common in people with AIDS. Vitamin A resolves this. If your eye is damaged it's damaged ??? They do repair themselves you know.
  • Options
    I'm not denying what you're saying because that's true, but they don't cure it. They will keep your eyes healthy in their current state - but it won't cure/improve your sight. The only time it will get better is if you are lacking Vitamin A already, as you said. Definancy of Vitiamin A affects a lot of the body, but in specifics to the eye, it is your cornea that is affected - which is why your eyesight goes worse. But if you take Vitamin A, it'll rehydrate your cornea improving your vision (to its previous state because you lacked Vitamin A) - but it doesn't make it better. And yeah, when it's damaged its damaged, I have focusing problems with my eyes, so I need glasses, nature won't rectify that, I'd need surgery, or (what I use) glasses.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    If you try to count the stars, you'll get many pimples.

I don't remember ever believing that but a friend of my mum tried to convince me once.
  • Options
    Holding a buttercup under your chin (reflecting the yellow tint on your chin) tells someone if you like butter or not.
    Your tongue would go black if you lie.
    If you walk away/play with things in stores someone will come and steal you away. When I was in the post office weeks back too, I heard a mother shout at her daughter who was walking away that someone would steal her, package her up and sell her on eBay. Oh how times have caught up.
  • Options
    Carrot, raw Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
    Energy 173 kJ (41 kcal)
    Carbohydrates 9 g
    Sugars 5 g
    Dietary fibre 3 g
    Fat 0.2 g
    Protein 1 g
    Vitamin A equiv. 835 μg (93%)
    - beta-carotene 8285 μg (77%)
    - lutein and zeaxanthin 256 μg
    Thiamine (Vit. B1) 0.04 mg (3%)
    Riboflavin (Vit. B2) 0.05 mg (3%)
    Niacin (Vit. B3) 1.2 mg (8%)
    Vitamin B6 0.1 mg (8%)
    Folate (Vit. B9) 19 μg (5%)
    Vitamin C 7 mg (12%)
    Calcium 33 mg (3%)
    Iron 0.66 mg (5%)
    Magnesium 18 mg (5%)
    Phosphorus 35 mg (5%)
    Potassium 240 mg (5%)
    Sodium 2.4 mg (0%)
  • Options
    Carrot, raw Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
    Energy 173 kJ (41 kcal)
    Carbohydrates 9 g
    Sugars 5 g
    Dietary fibre 3 g
    Fat 0.2 g
    Protein 1 g
    Vitamin A equiv. 835 μg (93%)
    - beta-carotene 8285 μg (77%)
    - lutein and zeaxanthin 256 μg
    Thiamine (Vit. B1) 0.04 mg (3%)
    Riboflavin (Vit. B2) 0.05 mg (3%)
    Niacin (Vit. B3) 1.2 mg (8%)
    Vitamin B6 0.1 mg (8%)
    Folate (Vit. B9) 19 μg (5%)
    Vitamin C 7 mg (12%)
    Calcium 33 mg (3%)
    Iron 0.66 mg (5%)
    Magnesium 18 mg (5%)
    Phosphorus 35 mg (5%)
    Potassium 240 mg (5%)
    Sodium 2.4 mg (0%)
    What a cruel lie to tell a child - surely a carrot has more than 0.1 mg vitamin B6 :(
  • Options
    What a cruel lie to tell a child - surely a carrot has more than 0.1 mg vitamin B6 :(
    :lol:
  • Options
    When my little boy is born I'm going to tell him stories about this super hero I used to know, a man commonly referred to as JimV.
  • Options
    Only, you won't need to lie.
  • Options
    Drugs are bad, mmmkay?
  • Options
    I've just said this one:

"If you sit too close to the TV, you'll get square eyes"

The one my grandad always used on us was "Pepsi makes holes in your socks", it was his way of trying to stop us drinking fizzy drinks.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The "If you make faces, your face will freeze like that" is something that I didn't figure out was wrong until I was in my teens...
  • Options
    I was told, and my dad still says is true to this day, that elephants nest in trees
  • Options
    Telling lies is even okay when they are very very small.. but telling lies when they are already close to being teenagers it totally irresponsible. i hate that my paretns did it to me.
  • Options
    I would say though that there's a big difference between lying and making up crap to make your kids eat their greens. I sometimes even make up stuff to my friends just to see if they believe it
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

:thumb:
    That lies for everybody tho , not just kids.

And wanking makes you blind. biting you nails makes you fat, bread crust makes your hair curly (as if I want pubic hair on my head)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    lol i tell little lies to keep my children in check their behaviour on our holiday last year was awful this year i said if u not being good i will take your names off the holiday, and i told them i had took their names off because i was fed up with them being naughty, anyways their behaviour is now the best so i told them they are now comming i don't think its bad to say small fibs x