Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex at uni!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Threxy wrote: »
    Your attitude comes across as quite disgusting and offensive to women, if I'm honest.

Does it shite. It comes across as immature and a bit silly, but anyone who's disgusted or offended by it seriously needs to get over themselves.

There's nothing wrong with going out with the intention of getting casual sex and meeting people with the sole intention of having casual sex. It doesn't mean that you don't respect women or want to hurt them. There are plenty of young women who also just want to have casual sex with someone, don't assume that girls always want love and romance.

If you're open and honest about what you want from an encounter then if anybody gets hurt they only have themselves to blame. If you go in promising love and romance just to get inside someone's knickers then you're a cunt, but if you are open that you just want in their pants then it's up to them to decide if they want to let you in.
  • Options
    Does it shite. It comes across as immature and a bit silly, but anyone who's disgusted or offended by it seriously needs to get over themselves.

There's nothing wrong with going out with the intention of getting casual sex and meeting people with the sole intention of having casual sex. It doesn't mean that you don't respect women or want to hurt them. There are plenty of young women who also just want to have casual sex with someone, don't assume that girls always want love and romance.

If you're open and honest about what you want from an encounter then if anybody gets hurt they only have themselves to blame. If you go in promising love and romance just to get inside someone's knickers then you're a cunt, but if you are open that you just want in their pants then it's up to them to decide if they want to let you in.
    Men and most women don't generally feel the same way about sex. It's a biological and evolutionary fact. There's a lot more emotional connotations involved for women. The few women that do go around thinking they feel "sexually liberated" by having sex with tons of guys usually have deeper emotional problems, and I'm not making this up, one of my best friends is exactly like that. You'd have to be a right tool to take advantage of someone like that.

Anyway, getting to your point, how do you know he's going to be honest about his intentions? I fail to see any sane woman wanting to go and casually fuck a guy who "wants to have sex with as many women as possible" which makes me suspect he won't be completely honest about his intentions. I also fail to see how any woman will want to play as a piece to his imaginary little "game plan" to score as much as possible. At least we agree it's very immature.

As I already asked, though, what's wrong with a casual sexual relationship with one woman you find attractive if there isn't a "game plan" in here and it's all just for fun? Does he even have a plan to remember any of their names?
  • Options
    Men and most women don't generally feel the same way about sex. It's a biological and evolutionary fact. There's a lot more emotional connotations involved for women. The few women that do go around thinking they feel "sexually liberated" by having sex with tons of guys usually have deeper emotional problems, and I'm not making this up, one of my best friends is exactly like that. You'd have to be a right tool to take advantage of someone like that.

Damn some serious stereotypes banded about there.

I should introduce you to some of my female friends who would completely disagree with you on those points.
  • Options
    Oh really?
  • Options
    For those going crazy over my posts, can I just ask, if the OP was a woman and the post was actually:
    Yo, im pretty decent with men at college, but when I get to uni I want MEN, like loads of them.

How do I go about getting myself loads (not just any) of good looking men?

Would you be as quick to be supportive of the OP's little game plan? Most of you would think, at the very least, she was very strange. At the most, a slag/slut that needs to keep her legs shut. Don't deny it, I've seen a post like this on TSR (The Student Room, a forum, for those that don't know) where a chick said she slept with many men, and there was 4-5 pages going like "omg slut" "dats just wrong". There's clearly a massive double standard... this is part of the reason why, again, men and women don't think of sex in the same way and why sex has so many more emotional/social connotations for women than they do men, whether you believe it or not.

If you're not going to bother to debunk what I'm saying with anything other than "Well I have female friends who would disagree with you" then this argument is a waste of time. I still stand by what I said on the OP, who comes across as incredibly immature and doesn't appear to just want a casual sexual relationship with a woman, but to actually use them (I'll ask, for the third time, why would you want loads of women, otherwise?).. whether that's to impress his mates or help his own insecurities, I don't know, but it's not a very good attitude and it reaks of misogony. I don't really know him, hey, he might actually be a very nice and respectful person in real-life, but if the original post is anything to go by, I doubt it.

I rest my case.
  • Options
    Why would you want loads of [members of the opposite sex/the sex to whom you are attracted]? Because it's fucking fun, that's why.

I wouldn't (and neither would anyone else here) call a girl a slag for posting that. For a start, the words slag and slut make me want to hit people because they are inherently demeaning when you are unlikely to know the girl at all. Girls that have fun are girls having fun, there is no such thing as a girl that needs to 'keep her legs shut'. As long as the girl, or guy, or whoever is posting about wanting casual sex, is being safe and responsible about their actions then good for them.

How about I disagree with you because I am a girl who is perfectly capable of having sex without it meaning anything. As long as I haven't established an emotional/romantic connection with the person beforehand, I am aware that sex is sex. It is an act, not a declaration of love or commitment.

I rest my case.
  • Options
    Threxy has some valid points but has probably been too generalistic.

People (men/women/whatever) have the RIGHT to have as much casual sex as they want as long as they are honest with other people and don't start spreading STD's about. That's fair enough if they view sex in that way....altho purely from observing people i know who have led that life something normally does go wrong or someone winds up getting hurt!

What was completely wrong was to say that women view sex as an emotional act and men don't.

I'm a bloke and as fun as sleeping with loads of strangers sounds in theory I don't think I could do it even if I had the chance. I think it should mean something and be between two people who care at least a little bit about each other.

I do agree with Threxy that some people who sleep around (men and women are equally guilty of this) do probably do it because they aren't happy in themselves and need to feel wanted and approved of by as many people as possible, altho obviously that doesn't apply to everyone.

And besides, we all have insecurities and just deal with them in different ways....!
  • Options
    For those going crazy over my posts, can I just ask, if the OP was a woman and the post was actually:

Would you be as quick to be supportive of the OP's little game plan?

Good luck to them, as if that doesn't happen anyway.

Play safe, have fun. What is wrong with that - if both parties are after the same from a relationship?
  • Options
    Good luck to them, as if that doesn't happen anyway.

Play safe, have fun. What is wrong with that - if both parties are after the same from a relationship?
    Exactly.

As long as both parties are honest, safe and responsible, then what's the problem?!
  • Options
    I find this more sexist than the original statement (towards women and men). Talk about gender stereotyping. :yeees:

So women who enjoy sex with several partners are emotionally damaged?
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    I find this more sexist than the original statement (towards women and men). Talk about gender stereotyping. :yeees:

So women who enjoy sex with several partners are emotionally damaged?
    :heart:
  • Options
    For those going crazy over my posts, can I just ask, if the OP was a woman...Would you be as quick to be supportive of the OP's little game plan?

It isn't a case of being "supportive" of a "game plan", it's about not being judgemental. Men and women are not that different sexually, some women want casual sex and lots of it and some men want every sexual encounter to mean something. Neither choice indicates self-esteem issues or mental health problems in itself.

I think some people probably do sleep around because they have low self-esteem and want to be validated by being seen as sexually attractive. I also think that some people abstain from sex because they have low self-esteem and don't think anyone would ever want to have sex with them.

So long as both partners keep themselves safe and are sensible about their sexual choices, then I don't see the issue at all. I might not approve of sleeping around- I think most people could well do with being more selective about their partners- but that isn't my call to make.

Starting from the basis that any woman who wants casual sex is a "slut" with "self esteem [and] mental health issues" is far more offensive than being a silly 17-year-old boy thinking with his cock.