Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

am i fat?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey there people :)

i just wanted to ask your opinion on my weight
i'm currently a size 14/16 on the bottom half but a size 16/18 on the top as i am quite busty :L

i'm only 5ft 3

am i overweight for my height or not, i couldnt tell you exactly what weight i am as its up and down that much atm..

:heart:

Comments

• Options
    EAB_x wrote: »

am i overweight for my height or not, i couldnt tell you exactly what weight i am as its up and down that much atm..

:heart:

You could just step on your scales and we would know. Hard to gauge from the photos, but it looks like you might be a bit overweight, yea.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    You could just step on your scales and we would know. Hard to gauge from the photos, but it looks like you might be a bit overweight, yea.

don't have any :L
  • Options
    you look in proportion but it's how you feel in yourself. i'm guessing from this post you feel uncomfortable?
  • Options
    You look fine to me. Do you think being the weight you are causes you health problems?
  • Options
    i dont think you look fat, but youre not skinny.
    I know youve lost weight recently, so well done. keep going!
    Whats your goal weight/size?
  • Options
    I definitely think you need to lose weight

I think you need to exercise more and have a good amount of veg and fruit, fish, meat, water etc, research a good diet!

Also its about stopping eating crap, stay away from crisps, chocolate, fizzy drinks.

Unless you stop eating crap and start exercising your never going to lose weight, theres a basic law in which if more goes in and less energy is excerted then you store fat, so you need to put in slightly less and use more energy by exercising.

:thumb:

please dont take offence to that because your about the same size as my wife who is also trying to lose weight.
  • Options
    You possibly are a bit overweight and losing a bit would imrpove your health.

But that's not really what you're asking is it? To answer your real question, "am I ugly?", the answer is no, you're really not.
  • Options
    you look nice and cute and quirky :)
  • Options
    i dont think you look fat, but youre not skinny.
    I know youve lost weight recently, so well done. keep going!
    Whats your goal weight/size?

size 10 or 12 :)
  • Options
    you look in proportion but it's how you feel in yourself. i'm guessing from this post you feel uncomfortable?

thanks
    it's basically because i get picked on, people say i'm fat so i thought to myself, make a post on thesite and i will get an honest opinion on there :d
  • Options
    You possibly are a bit overweight and losing a bit would imrpove your health.

But that's not really what you're asking is it? To answer your real question, "am I ugly?", the answer is no, you're really not.

thanks lol :)
  • Options
    Hey
    Its not always about what u look like but actually how being over weight affects your health.
    I think alot of people think its about looking slim.
    First off you need to deffo weigh yourself then get online and find a bmi calculater thats a body mass index which will tell u if your overweight.
    I am guessing at 5ft 3 thats u are quiet alot overweight.
    Because i am 5ft 7 inch a size 8 to 10 and and i have a healthy bmi for my height and weight.
    Goodluck and please please don't be dieting mad or doing anything silly because this never ever works for u to stay slim for life it just creates very unhealthy eating habits.
    I would suggets slimming world it lets u take charge of what u are eating and choosing the right foods and cooking them properly.
    An u will never ever be hungry (promise ) I follow this and i eat lots and lots and i am very slim x
  • Options
    I wouldnt say your fat actually, when i said you definitely need to lose weight I didnt intend to stress that your overly overweight as your not, i just meant my answer is 100% yes, as i said, my wifes a 16 and i love her to bits it doesnt effect your charector as your pretty and stylish!

But for being healthier, living longer, a good diet and exercise is strongly advisable :thumb:
  • Options
  • Options
    if you are concerned with how you look then you can do something about it. In terms of are you fat or not you can strip the question to the bare bones and get a body analysis done which will tell you your muscle/fat ratio and how much of your body fat percentage you need to lose to be at a healthy ratio. BMI is an old fashioned concept and doesn't take into account body fat/muscle ratio which is more important...although being heavier can be a strain on your heart i guess. am i fat isn't really the question to ask, am i healthy is a better one.
  • Options
    It's not ok for people to pick on you, even if you were the fatest person in the world, you have the right to be left alone.
  • Options
    i get picked on, people say i'm fat
    I think what's apparent from this thread is people's remarkably varied perception of weight, especially 'ideal'. BMI, for example, has a large 'healthy' range which allows for someone to be healthy if they are 5'7" and a size 10 but also if they're 5'2" and a 14.

I am slightly smaller than you and I get called fat, but I've learned from years of failed diets and an eating disorder that this is the shape I'm stuck in. I don't love it, but I don't punish it any more either.

I guess what I'm saying is that the question really isn't whether or not you're overweight because even medical practitioners agree on how best to define that, rather it's a question of learning what your body size and shape naturally is and finding a way to love that.

Good luck. Don't let the bastards get you down!
  • Options
    http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/obesity/l/bl_amifat_quiz.htm

Get your weight if you can, you can even go down to boots and put 50p in those machines if you can't get scales :) And then do the test I posted, it's a good way to get your BMI without having to look at the confusing charts! x
  • Options
    thanks
    it's basically because i get picked on, people say i'm fat so i thought to myself, make a post on thesite and i will get an honest opinion on there :d
    I think that what 'fat' is, depends on the person... For example, when I was a size 18, some people would say I'm not 'fat', others wouldn't... Now I'm a 14, I have been told by one guy I know that I'm 'fat'... It also depends on where your fat is stored, how you carry yourself and what you wear. Some clothes can be more flattering than others...

Who is calling you fat? That's pretty rude... I lived with a man who was always telling me I'm fat and nobody would ever want to be with somebody who looked like me, but he was chubby too... I think people project their insecurities on others a lot.
  • Options
    I got called chubby by someone a while back, and tbh it made me feel so shitty! I don't like my body as it is, and he knew that, so to call me chubby was like... the worst possible thing.

If people are making you feel bad, or you feel bad about yourself, then lose weight. I wouldn't say you are fat, maybe your BMI is over what it should be.. but at the end of the day it's up to you how you want to be :) If someone's happy being 20stone, then that's up to them. But clearly, you aren't happy with your weight which is the first step to changing it. I'd say, write out a diet plan, go to the gym a bit, but take it slowly! Don't lose weight really really quickly, as it's not healthy or safe. Good luck with getting where you want to be! x
  • Options
    No, if I walked past you on the street I wouldn't think OMG WHAT A FATTY, I'd think you were on the plump side of average...which imo is better than the skinny side. You're getting worked up over nothing.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote: »
    No, if I walked past you on the street I wouldn't think OMG WHAT A FATTY, I'd think you were on the plump side of average...which imo is better than the skinny side. You're getting worked up over nothing.

I agree, i'd rather have some weight on me and look nice and curvy than be skinny and bony :no: I worked really hard to put on weight when i was away, and i've just lost 3 pounds!! how??!! Grrrrrr :grump: I love having a bit of fat on my bones because i think i look nicer (who wants to see my ribs? not me thanks!) and i fit clothes better... ohh and i'm much warmer in winter :yes:
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    I agree, i'd rather have some weight on me and look nice and curvy than be skinny and bony :no: I worked really hard to put on weight when i was away, and i've just lost 3 pounds!! how??!! Grrrrrr :grump: I love having a bit of fat on my bones because i think i look nicer (who wants to see my ribs? not me thanks!) and i fit clothes better... ohh and i'm much warmer in winter :yes:

Damn right, curves beat bones hands down :cool:

I've heard way too many women with healthy, curvy bodies talking about how they need to lose weight as if beanpoles were somehow desirable.

:no:
  • Options
    thanks for the advice people :)

and to answer your question on who's picking on me..

younger, skinner girls within my college course

guys seem to love my curves haha :)

xxx
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Spliffie wrote: »
    Damn right, curves beat bones hands down :cool:

I've heard way too many women with healthy, curvy bodies talking about how they need to lose weight as if beanpoles were somehow desirable.

:no:

:yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

hiiya EAB i dont think ur fat i think ur curvy. who ever is callin u fat jusd forget about thm . i went out wif i a boy once i was under a lot of stress at tht time i went from a 14 to a 10 he didnt like the way i look bcause he could feel my bones he liked me curvy im now a 12 i fink a 12 is a healty weight go for ur goal i hope u make it dont go too far tho gd luck x *hug*

can i jusd ask were did u get ur jumper from ive been tryin to find one like yours for a while ?? x :) xx