Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ripplemagne's Guide To A Healthy Relationship

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    peppimo wrote: »
    Women are not "more passive" than men, possibly "less aggressive", but even then I don't believe the difference is as significant as its made out to be.

For the purposes of this argument, "more passive" and "less aggressive" amount to the same basic thing. It kinda sounds like you're just determined to disagree. It's just a matter of how you phrase it, it's not something we should have to be going back and forth on. o_0

Passive is the opposite of aggressive. Let's look at it this way:

Person A: Passive
    |
    Aggressive
    Person B: Passive
    |
    Aggressive

Person A is "more passive" and Person B is "more aggressive". Neither is entirely one or the other, they're simply leaning a bit more to one side. Do you see how "less aggressive" can also mean "more passive"? Can we stop arguing about this now? I think we agree, you're just getting worked up over how it's worded.
  • Options
    And dozens of people who read it on other forums (strangers included) and even many people who hate my guts. Every now and then, you get a contrarian who doesn't know why they disagree, but they know they disagree who goes on a tangent, but then when I explain it to them, they settle down. If they're reasonable and aren't just determined to prove that I'm wrong just... because, anyway.

Assumptions, assumptions. But yes, clearly, I have a lot to learn. Hahahahaha.

Yet we only have your word on that. We go by what evidence we are presented and that at present is the majority of this forum, which disagree with you.

Yes an assumption. But one which is quite evident, you come on here trying.g to act like this messiah, you go around and say, message me I'll offer advice, and help to everyone about everything.

So far, I can't see one person you've helped, who even asked for this piece of shit you call advice, hell its more than shit, its Damn eight dangerous and could potentially sabotage someone's legitimate chances at happiness. If I used your guide on my wife I'd be divorced right now. However its good for something, if I'd had used it with some of my ex's maybe I'd have got rid of them quicker
  • Options
    I would consider passive rather to be the opposite of assertive and I don't believe women have a natural tendency to be any less assertive than men.
  • Options
    Okay. So, then my word means nothing then. If that's the case, why are you even bothering to try to discredit someone whose words mean nothing? Surely my sheer wrongitude speaks for itself. But oh, one forum of like-minded folks on the internet clearly means that my proposition is wrong despite the only argument against it being "It's wrong because I say so."
  • Options
    I would consider passive rather to be the opposite of assertive and I don't believe women have a natural tendency to be any less assertive than men.

Because assertive and aggressive aren't similar at all...

I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree, because this is going nowhere. Even though I don't think we disagree as much it maybe sounds like. You did say men were more aggressive than women, yes? Now we're just arguing over the exact definition of "passive" and whether "less aggressive" equals "more passive". We're almost to the point where we're arguing about arguing and it's really not going anywhere for either of us.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    at present is the majority of this forum, which disagree with you.

Negative. The majority of the forum clearly don't give a shit or haven't read this thread. Argue away but don't try and back up your point by claiming that we all fall down on your side.

Obviously I'm too much of a god damn sexual tyrannosaurus to read any love guides, so I fall into the couldn't give a shit side.
  • Options
    agressive: having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends
    assertive: aggressively self-assured; cocky
  • Options
    Negative. The majority of the forum clearly don't give a shit or haven't read this thread. Argue away but don't try and back up your point by claiming that we all fall down on your side.

Obviously I'm too much of a god damn sexual tyrannosaurus to read any love guides, so I fall into the couldn't give a shit side.

Sorry, ill rephrase that to "the majority of poor suckers who read it"

And yes infinite, we all know of your sexual exploits. There better documented that miss Hilton :razz:
  • Options

Which amounts to, what, 5 people on this forum? xP

If we're agreeing just because we're his buddies, perhaps you're disagreeing just because you're not. *ponders* Haha.

In any case, in addition to the fact that he's posted this elsewhere and gotten positive responses from other people, the fact that I'm his friend means jack shit as far as whether I'll agree with him on something. I'm often the first one to approach him and say, "Dude, you're an idiot, what was that about?" So, your argument that a majority of everyone who reads this disagrees, and that the only ones who do agree do so out of loyalty, doesn't cut it. Just as you disagree with him, some people agree. Let's move on.
  • Options
    I would consider assertive as "confident and direct in claiming one's rights or putting forward one's views"

and aggressive as a tendency towards belligerence.

If "aggressive" is "having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends", then in my book women and men are the same in this respect.
  • Options
    I would consider assertive as "confident and direct in claiming one's rights or putting forward one's views"

and aggressive as a tendency towards belligerence.

If "aggressive" is "having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends", then in my book women and men are the same in this respect.

Well that is not what aggressive or assertive means, and that's not what Chief has been intending those words to mean. The article doesn't imply that men are more aggressive than women in all aspects of life, just when it comes to courting and relationships.
  • Options
    Well that is not what aggressive or assertive means, and that's not what Chief has been intending those words to mean. The article doesn't imply that men are more aggressive than women in all aspects of life, just when it comes to courting and relationships.

This. Also:
    Assertive - confidently aggressive or self-assured; positive: aggressive; dogmatic: He is too assertive as a salesman.

Aggressive - boldly assertive and forward; pushy: an aggressive driver.

This is according to dictionary.reference.com.
  • Options

It's funny because your argument is that my circle of friends are the only ones who support my argument. But the same can be said about the circle of friends on this forum. Interestingly enough, I recall someone in the politics thread saying that people with different opinions than the majority don't last very long here. Oh, there I go, doing that "connecting points" thing again.
  • Options
    How can you really know what a serious healthy relationship is. To know that you need to experience the troubles of a relationship, when you've experienced the word troubles of a relationship, which I doubt you have. Maybe then you'll know something about healthy relationships

Clearly, you have a lot to learn.. that much is evident

How can YOU know he hasnt gone through troubles in relationship yet? =S
    and are you so sure he hasn't had a meaningful and deep relationship yet?
  • Options
    My definitions were also listed on dictionary.com, but they are besides the point. I don't believe that women are any of the things listed under "passive" moreso than men.
  • Options
    My definitions were also listed on dictionary.com, but they are besides the point. I don't believe that women are any of the things listed under "passive" moreso than men.

Ok then why are men most commonly the initiators when it comes to courting, asking a girl on a date or calling her?
  • Options

That doesn't matter though. Just because your definition is there doesn't disqualify every other definition and given everything I've said, it's obvious which definition I was using.

But okay. Don't believe it. O_o
  • Options
    It's funny because your argument is that my circle of friends are the only ones who support my argument. But the same can be said about the circle of friends on this forum. Interestingly enough, I recall someone in the politics thread saying that people with different opinions than the majority don't last very long here. Oh, there I go, doing that "connecting points" thing again.

Haha me and Kermit aren't friends, even he would agree, I agree with whichever argument I believe to be true, your "guide" is fundamentally flawed at the simplest of levels

And to miss totem I say that he's in experienced because A. He's a kid, B. It's clear he's a wanna be player, and C. If he uses that guide, its far from meaningful,
  • Options
    Haha me and Kermit aren't friends, even he would agree, I agree with whichever argument I believe to be true, your "guide" is fundamentally flawed at the simplest of levels

It doesn't matter if you're implicitly friends. That wasn't the point.
  • Options
    Are men the initiators in these situations? Do men ask women out on dates with no precedent? I don't think so.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter if you're implicitly friends. That wasn't the point.

Umm, yes it was, you were trying to argue the fact that your friends agreeing with you means nothing because I'm only agreeing with my friends, that's untrue,

My point is your guide is full of rubbish and dangerous to any serious person looking for help that I would even say it should be removed from here.

It would only do more harm than good on here, plus it probably contradicts most of the advice on thesite.org offers
  • Options

And to miss totem I say that he's in experienced because A. He's a kid, B. It's clear he's a wanna be player, and C. If he uses that guide, its far from meaningful,

I didn't say he was inexperienced, that was Miss Durk :P

And if he uses the guide? He wrote the guide...
  • Options
    Are men the initiators in these situations? Do men ask women out on dates with no precedent? I don't think so.

Well they are initiating the relationship so that would make them the initiators...
  • Options
    Umm, yes it was, you were trying to argue the fact that your friends agreeing with you means nothing because I'm only agreeing with my friends, that's untrue,

No, the point was that you're a tight knit community of the same general mindset on things. Once again:
    Interestingly enough, I recall someone in the politics thread saying that people with different opinions than the majority don't last very long here. Oh, there I go, doing that "connecting points" thing again.

Ahahaha. Dangerous? Should be removed? Ahahahahaha. I am now Glenn Beck. I love it.
  • Options
    That's assuming the courtship begins when one person asks out another person, and I'm saying that isn't the case.
  • Options
    No, the point was that you're a tight knit community of the same general mindset on things. Once again:

Ahahaha. Dangerous? Should be removed? Ahahahahaha. I am now Glenn Beck. I love it.

Yes.. its dangerous for that fact that anyone who uses that piece of shit will surely be shot down from any serious relationship
  • Options
    That's assuming the courtship begins when one person asks out another person, and I'm saying that isn't the case.

Courtship =/= Relationship
    Someone's got to make it Facebook official ;)
  • Options

I believe that was for me ;)

He's 20. I agree, that's still young, but it doesn't mean that a young person can't experience stuff like that.
    Okay, I REALLY don't get the B. I don't understand how he can be seen as a player with what he wrote in that guide?
    cute and romantic article.

^see that?
    That's what it is. I do not understand what in that article even slightly implies that he's "a player".

as for C... again, what? why would it be meaningful?
    I can understand that that particular guide wouldnt work well for YOUR relationship (or for that matter any other partners that like to sort their things differently). but what exactly makes it meaningful for people who like to be armour and heart to each-other?
  • Options
    Yes.. its dangerous for that fact that anyone who uses that piece of shit will surely be shot down from any serious relationship

Tell ya what. If you're ever in the New York area, you and I will hit up a few different settings. We'll agree on a set amount of approaches to make and see how many shut downs each of us get.

My bet? Not only will I get the majority of the girls I approach, but also the majority of girls who shut you down. Unless, of course, you're another one who's married or has some other convenient excuse.

I know, I know. "Wanna be player" (lol) and "this is about serious relationship!" But how exactly would you empirically demonstrate that my methodology would be a farce for a serious relationship? Comparing how long either of us have been in relationships or some stupid shit like that? Because, thus far, you've been doing an awful job of explaining how exactly my guide is a "piece of shit".

Please. Lina is anecdotal evidence that your entire proposition here is effectively: Your head. Your own ass.
  • Options
    Courtship =/= Relationship
    Someone's got to make it Facebook official ;)

That's not what I mean. Men don't just walk up to random women whom they've had absolutely no interaction with and ask them out. Even that stupid guide agrees with this. Remember that "chemistry" it was talking about?? Both people have to be actively participating in some way for that to happen.
This discussion has been closed.