Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do fuck buddy situations ever work out well?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tell me about it and when I told him I felt gutted he just goes awww it's always nice to feel wanted. What a wanker response. Can I please hide in a dark room for the next 10 years, I am so mortified :crying:
  • Options
    It's not hard to rationalise at all.

You have a woman who will have sex with you whenever you want, will amuse you when you're bored, and will do that without you having to give her any commitment at all. If you have something better to do you can just go off and leave her and you know fine well she'll still be there when you get back.

And you wonder why people will take advantage of that? All the benefits of a relationship without any of the drawbacks and any of the work? How great is that?

FB situations don't work out because nobody's going to buy the cow when they're getting the milk for free. Any FB who thinks that, if they fuck someone enough, they'll fall madly in love is hopelessly deluded. A FB is a walking, talking, breathing sex aid who'll cook you breakfast and nothing more.

The only FB situations that work out without someone getting hurt are the ones where BOTH partners appreciate the situation for what it is and BOTH partners only want the sex and companionship until they find something better.
  • Options
    I think some people, probably mostly women, get into these situations thinking they can deal with it and then never can because we are too emotional. And I don't apologise for being like that. But I think women want to be desired in more ways than just physical and, unfortunately, the men you end up doing these things with hoping for that extra desire are just complete shits anyway.
  • Options
    The most annoying part for me is that the girl he ditched me for is really not very nice at all :/

Maybe she has beer flavoured nipples or something....(Yes I'm sure she has a lovely personality and I know it's not her fault, she prob doesn't have a clue about me but I'm just annoyed right now...)

Oh well, I'm just listening to Kelis "I hate you so much right now" and giggling away. I will get over it. The best revenge will be to move on..............while looking super hot in my facebook pictures hahahaha!
  • Options
    Confusedfb wrote: »
    Maybe she has beer flavoured nipples or something....

the thought of this gives me a boner.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    the thought of this gives me a boner.

Lol
  • Options
    Sometimes fuck buddy situations work, sometimes they don't.

IMO no-one should be complaining about how their ex-fuck buddy is a shit because he (or she, for that matter) didn't want a relationship beyond hanging out and having sex and instead got together with someone else, fuck buddies have NO obligations to be anything other than fuck buddies, that is the explicit agreement. There's plenty of "nice guys" out there if you're feeling "used" from a fuck buddy situation, needy guys who will put any half decent girl on a pedestal and worship them as some kind of godess, but they don't get a look in...so no pity from me!
  • Options
    Well I wish I knew where to find them!! :chin:
  • Options
    fuck buddy situations only work aslong as u make sure u get out if u start developing feelings for the person cause if they just see you as a shag and you starting lliking them it creates problems & hurt for you you have 2 be emotionaly strong i think && you should ask if he is shagging anyone else have the conversation its best you no
  • Options
    Oh well you know what, tis his loss. Unfortunately getting hurt is part of life and not a very nice part but it happens to us all. I'm not gonna get down about it, if he didn't appreciate how great I am then he didn't deserve my attention anyway! I am gonna stop inflating his ego by cutting off contact though. I mean honestly how big an ego must you have if your response to being told you're good looking is "everyone tells me that but thanks". Ass. Lol.
  • Options
    The only FB situations that work out without someone getting hurt are the ones where BOTH partners appreciate the situation for what it is and BOTH partners only want the sex and companionship until they find something better.

You say that as if there is something better.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    You say that as if there is something better.

There clearly is, otherwise why are these boards full of people ruing the fact that their FB's gone off with another person?
  • Options
    In my experience these sitations always end up in a mess. If it was me I think I'd just get a rampant rabbit.
  • Options
    JanePerson wrote: »
    In my experience these sitations always end up in a mess. If it was me I think I'd just get a rampant rabbit.

Lol, I already own one. Not to put it too blunty but sometimes a vibrator just doesn't cut it and you really need actual cock....
  • Options
    There clearly is, otherwise why are these boards full of people ruing the fact that their FB's gone off with another person?

what do you think that clearly is?
  • Options
    what do you think that clearly is?

Because clearly all relationships, whether you're "fuck buddies" or in a "committed relationship", are just sex and companionship until you find some better...or you can't find someone better, can't handle life on its own, so you're stuck with them until death releases you from the horror that is life :)
  • Options
    pmsl
  • Options
    pmsl

PMSL too, better than sobbing into a pillow.
  • Options
    or shoving pillow stuffing in your ears screaming "I'm not listening."
  • Options
    or shoving pillow stuffing in your ears screaming "I'm not listening."

Have you done that before? I can picture it.
  • Options
    Picture it, I'm also picturing you in a discussed position.
  • Options
    Picture it, I'm also picturing you in a discussed position.

picturing me tucked up in bed all warm and snuggly?

how sweet of you katralla, bless :heart:
  • Options
    Aw, do you think I'm sweet? How sweet:heart:
  • Options
    Aw, do you think I'm sweet? How sweet:heart:

Yep, I've never met someone so sweet as you. You put the sweetness in...let's see...super sweet sweetiness?
  • Options
    It's my Bahamian sugar cane roots, suckably sweet.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote: »
    Because clearly all relationships, whether you're "fuck buddies" or in a "committed relationship", are just sex and companionship until you find some better...or you can't find someone better, can't handle life on its own, so you're stuck with them until death releases you from the horror that is life :)

Hahaha! That is actually so true when you think about... :P
  • Options
    My FB or whatever he is, is married but doesn't want to be there, has left his wife once before and wouldn't have gone back if they didn't have kids. I work with him and we became close becuase my marriage was also falling apart. So now 2 months later, we hook up each week or so, he tells me that he likes spending time with me and says really sweet things. I always get the "I don't want this to be just sex" and HE wanted to stop the sex and just be friends a while cause it was confusing him. He wanted his wife to leave him. I thought it was built on a friendship that just kind of extended into something else neither of us was expecting or knew what to do with. I really like him and I think he likes me, but the timing sucks. Still, I always go to him, and we only ever seem to meet up if he initiates it or its a last minute I have nothing else to do thing. And if the plans aren't initiated by him, he ditches me. Am I stupid or what?? It's so frustrating cause I really like him and I want to play it cool and be the friend who is there for when he leaves his wife and is free to be with someone else (me). I know i'm probably wasting my time, but I like him dammit!!
  • Options
    If he wanted to leave his wife, he would leave his wife. It does sound to me like you are being well and truly strung along.
  • Options
    My FB or whatever he is, is married but doesn't want to be there, has left his wife once before and wouldn't have gone back if they didn't have kids. I work with him and we became close becuase my marriage was also falling apart. So now 2 months later, we hook up each week or so, he tells me that he likes spending time with me and says really sweet things. I always get the "I don't want this to be just sex" and HE wanted to stop the sex and just be friends a while cause it was confusing him. He wanted his wife to leave him. I thought it was built on a friendship that just kind of extended into something else neither of us was expecting or knew what to do with. I really like him and I think he likes me, but the timing sucks. Still, I always go to him, and we only ever seem to meet up if he initiates it or its a last minute I have nothing else to do thing. And if the plans aren't initiated by him, he ditches me. Am I stupid or what?? It's so frustrating cause I really like him and I want to play it cool and be the friend who is there for when he leaves his wife and is free to be with someone else (me). I know i'm probably wasting my time, but I like him dammit!!

What you're describing is one of the oldest cliches in the book. Not to mention that being a lying cheating dad rather than a divorced happier dad is not in the children's benefit.

If he has left his wife once and tells you now he wants his wife to leave him... well... why doesn't he leave her himself rather than come up with a bullshit excuse using his kids to string you along?

You really don't see the big badass flaming red flags in what you wrote?
  • Options
    Next thing he'll be saying his wife doesn't understand him :lol:

Never was the saying "why buy the cow when you get the milk for free?" so apt.

There's nothing really wrong with the situation if you're happy being the bit of fluff on the side (some people are) but it doesn't sound like you are. There are plenty of brilliant available men so why waste time on an arsehole?
This discussion has been closed.