Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The reason I came back.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    omg hi wrote: »
    i've said this about ten times to you recently but please remember, how you feel about yourself is not reflective of how other people feel about you. how you view yourself is your perception, not the perception of the rest of the world.

If only I could believe you. I really do feel like a complete and utter failure at, well, pretty much everything. I feel like a fraud and that my family and my employer will find out any day now...
  • Options
    Think about the difference you makes to peoples lives, be that in a big way, or be that in a teeney weeney way.

I'm pretty sure however much of a bad day you've had at work, then there's at least one of your clients who feels slightly better, slightly less confused, or is slightly more sorted out then they would have been otherwise without your input.

Ditto your little on, you simply existing is a fab thing in her eyes.

Asking for help isn't admitting failure by any stretch, in fact as I suspect you well know, it's probably harder than carrying on without, but you probably also know (deep down somewhere) that things might just get a bit easier if you do.

xx
  • Options
    It really is nice to see you post again.

Just wanted to mention, I think you come across on here so confident, well-spoken, intelligent and all that good stuff; that is the you on the inside. It is so difficult to believe in yourself I know, but just wanted to let you know that's always been my impression of you; I used to be intimidated of posting on any of your threads when I was about 17, hehe.

I think the Church thing is a good idea. I don't know about your church community, but mine are so lovely and friendly. I know it is a self esteem issue with you but next time you feel down, remember you have a lovely wife and baby at home that think the absolute world of you.

Take care, Steph x
  • Options
    I dont know much about this sort of stuf, but i do know that you need to take it slowly talk to some people and as you gradually get closer to people youll learn to trust people and slowly build your confidence up Good Luck..
  • Options
    Finally made doctor's appointment for Thursday. Tipping point was still feeling like this after so many people travelled so far for baby's baptism. If THAT won't make me feel wanted and loved, nothing will without help.
  • Options
    Good on you. Well done.

At least you have something to take as a reminder that you know you're loved and wanted, even if you don't feel it.

xx
  • Options
    I have discussed things briefly with my priest, and my Church does have a counselling service, so I intend to approach them. I might go back to the doctors as Prozac turns my emotions off and that's bloody tempting at the minute, but I need to weigh up the risks of that.

Church counselling services tend to be pretty good (although they are 'just' counselling services, not psychiatric, I know you know that it's for others' benefit!). Likewise, your pastor has a certain obligation (and, ideally a little training) so will probably serve you well as someone to have-tea-with-and-rant-at!

If you go to your GP it probably wouldn't do any harm to ask for him to get the CMHT to check in with you.

It might not seem it right now but if I think back to when I first joined the boards, you're unrecognisable. You've achieved astonishing things - not least a gorgeous daughter who charms strangers! - don't underestimate yourself.

I seem to be in 'Trisha' mode today, hope that's not too sickly!!!
  • Options
    Looks like I've ruined everyone's night. Again. We were meant to be going out but I went mental, so now they've gone and I've stayed here.

Just what the fuck is wrong with me? Everyone else can manage to control their anger, why the fuck can't I?
  • Options
    I've not had chance to read the entire thread yet as I'm at work. And you probably will not like this, because well its coming from me, Hellfire and I doubt you'd ever want to have anything incommon with me.

But I know how you feel, I constantly worry and I am lonely, even though I'm married I'm stuck in a place with people I don't know nor feel I can trust. Hell I'd love to pop out for a pint etc, but don't have anyone to do it with.

I'm gonna read this thread and keep an eye on it. Maybe it'll help me, but it seems at times, being I'm a family can be lonely as Fuck.
  • Options
    som agree got lots of friends but dont let them in to close whats that about ?
  • Options
    Looks like I've ruined everyone's night. Again. We were meant to be going out but I went mental, so now they've gone and I've stayed here.

Just what the fuck is wrong with me? Everyone else can manage to control their anger, why the fuck can't I?

you're really too hard on yourself :(
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    you're really too hard on yourself :(

Possibly. Probably.

You know when I'm ion a foul mood and harsh on here? My internal monologue is like that all the time. Except I'm not joking.
  • Options
    Possibly. Probably.

You know when I'm ion a foul mood and harsh on here? My internal monologue is like that all the time. Except I'm not joking.
    We need membership cards.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    We need membership cards.

"Hi, my name's Arctic Roll and I'm a fucked up Borderline. Please don't go. Please."

It might work!