Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Blast from the Past

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

With regard to the post title.... I was around long ago (well maybe a slight exagerration) as briggi and I had a sudden urge today maybe to revisit the past - spurred on by a discussion with my students about a "youth" website they use here in Mexico - and see what had changed, what hasn't changed and who's still knocking around here!

As I just gave away in that last statement, I'm now living in Mexico (I get around) with my baby girls who are not so babyish anymore. I've been here for almost a year and a half working in an elementary school and trying to settle into a VERY different lifestyle. I had to get away from it all which was why I left thesite, too, I guess. But that's a long, not-so-boring story for another time.

Anyway I hope you're all doing fantastically. I'm sure there have been loads of romances, fallings out, babies, hilarious anecdotes, raging "debates" on P&D etc that I missed.

On that note I'm off for a snoop around right now to see what the craic is. Though I realise I'm now firmly planted in the oldies camp as I turn 25 in August - how time flies....

Comments

• Options
    OMG Briggi! Hi!
  • Options
    I was thinking about you this week, what with some olides coming back with new names. Welcome back :waves: :)
  • Options
    Muñeca wrote: »
    I'm now firmly planted in the oldies camp as I turn 25 in August ..

WTF? That's not old :(

Anyway :wave: @briggi who isn't briggi anymore.
  • Options
    Oh Ma Gaaaawd.
  • Options
    Is 2011 "Return of the Oldies" year? Maybe I should try to get reinstated... I feel vaguely offended by this noob title ;)
  • Options
    hey briggi. Its good to see you <3
  • Options
    I thought you were older than 25?
  • Options
    Suzy, you're still here, I'm so glad :) How are the little ones? Probably slightly bigger now! Astrid and Silvia will be FOUR in April, I can hardly believe it.
  • Options
    Cheek of you Calvin, I'm a 1985 lass!
  • Options
    Muñeca wrote: »
    Cheek of you Calvin, I'm a 1985 lass!

It's just you had twins and had been moving around Europe? You just seemed older than 25 from your maturity ;)

I only remember you cos you were from the toon.
  • Options
    I catch your drift, I had a busy life!
  • Options
    Ah the Toon. Not a place to be tonight, I fear.
  • Options
    Too true, if you fancy a scrap in the Bigg Market tonight's the night to sport red and white (poetry). I'm a Sunderland fan and I wouldn't want to be there either, mind...
  • Options
    To be fair, I think they will be drowning each other's sorrows tonight.
  • Options
    I remember you being about but i think i was quite new when you were here. Welcome back!
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Welcome back =)

Good to hear you're doing well in Mexico :D
  • Options
    OMG its Briggi! I never thought you would end up somewhere like mexico!
  • Options
    Pheh, Toon was really quite tame tonight. The worst thing was not being able to mock the Mackem shite.

Good to see you again. I rejoined yesterday. I was Kermit (for my sins). Really glad that you're doing well, although Mexico is a fucking random place to end up! GWST and I have a baby, called Rosie, who's nearly ten months old.
  • Options
    Arctic Roll and I were infact talking about Bridget the other night.
  • Options
    MrG! Kermit! It seems we've all been reborn... er, or something like that. Good to "see" you two :) I bet Rosie is GORGEOUS and is going to have the best personality ever too, you're onto a total winner. Yeah Mexico is totally random I know, I think we're heading back to the Toon in July - I complain about it so much that it's weird to miss it so much. Mexico is the complete opposite of the way it's portrayed in the media though: from drug/gang-related violence (on a day-to-day basis anyway) to panchos and sombreros. It's pretty accurate on the tacos and tequila front, however!
  • Options
    Some of the drug related stuff is quite scary, but whilst it goes on it doesn't impact on the average joe's day to day life.
  • Options
    She is gorgeous:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs598.ash2/155091_10150093384790091_731360090_7612457_4826903_n.jpg

As for personality, she's as stubborn and as gobby as you'd expect from my offspring ;)
  • Options
    Hello, I remember you! :D

I just browse when tipsy and bored, but had to post to tell you hello. Hope all is well. You aren't all too far from me now ;) Just a couple day car trip (so long as it isn't during a holiday). Where abouts in Mexico are you?

Can't believe it has been 4 years since you've had the twins! Time flies. Can we get any pictures ;)
  • Options
    This woman is a legend of the ultimate blow job guide.
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    Hello, I remember you! :D

I just browse when tipsy and bored, but had to post to tell you hello. Hope all is well. You aren't all too far from me now ;) Just a couple day car trip (so long as it isn't during a holiday). Where abouts in Mexico are you?

Can't believe it has been 4 years since you've had the twins! Time flies. Can we get any pictures ;)

HEY! I'm probably not too far at all, just 5 hours from the Arizona border (road trip?). I live in the state of Sonora in a place no one has heard of, close to Hermosillo (another place it's possible that no one has heard of). I go to the States all the time though - Arizona, California and Colorado - so now we can meet up mua ha ha.

I will get some pics together for you. I would just direct you to Facebook but Grandma has banned me from putting them on Facebook in one of her insane, paranoid fits.

How are you?
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    This woman is a legend of the ultimate blow job guide.

:thumb:
  • Options
    She is gorgeous:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs598.ash2/155091_10150093384790091_731360090_7612457_4826903_n.jpg

As for personality, she's as stubborn and as gobby as you'd expect from my offspring ;)

She is adorable! Ahhhh that snowsuit... absolutely unnecessary over here which must be why i never turn to mush around Mexican babies ;) Congratulations! Is she simply Rosie or is it a nickname? Gorgeous either way and probably very fitting in that climate!
  • Options
    She's a Rosemary but we all call her Rosie. Having a formal name means we can use it to tell her off with!
  • Options
    briggi!! of all the people i would pick to return to thesite, it'd be you :D xx
  • Options
    Welcome back. Four years since the twins? Yikes. :o

I don't remember a lot of people who disappear but I did sometimes wonder about you for some reason.