Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Blow Jobs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I've only given like 3 blow jobs (all to the same guy) but the 3rd time he actually came and he got mad that I didn't swallow. Why is it such a turn on to swallow?!?

Comments

• Options
    Because it makes them think they taste good.

It's actually a lot nicer than you would expect, and if he's coming in your mouth it's not going to make any difference if you swallow or spit, because you'll already have tasted it.

That said, if he's getting pissy about it, tell him to do one. You aren't obligated to swallow it if you don't want to.
  • Options
    he got mad?

dont ever bother giving him one again!
  • Options
    ^^^ what she said.

This does raise the concern that you're sdexual practices are not as safe as they could be. There are good arguments in favour of using condoms when engaging in oral sex.

The only reason I can see for swallowing is because breakig off to dispose of it spoils the intimacy of the moment, but that's not something to get mad about. You don't want to swallow my cum, pass it to me and I will.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    It's actually a lot nicer than you would expect, and if he's coming in your mouth it's not going to make any difference if you swallow or spit, because you'll already have tasted it.

Although youre right that youre going to taste it anyway but I find that sometimes the actual swallowing really turns my stomach. Thats not sexy :D :sour:
  • Options
    sneer wrote: »
    Although youre right that youre going to taste it anyway but I find that sometimes the actual swallowing really turns my stomach. Thats not sexy :D :sour:
    I find that I am more likely to want to throw up when I see it rather than just tasting it. But that's just because I'm weird.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    You don't want to swallow my cum, pass it to me and I will.

oh my god, I am eating... :sour:
  • Options
    ETIQUETTE
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote: »
    ETIQUETTE
    No such bloody thing.
  • Options
    I don't know, I though the etiquette was something along the lines of "you've just received a blowjob, you respect the other party's handling of the outcome"
  • Options
    I don't know, I though the etiquette was something along the lines of "you've just received a blowjob, you respect the other party's handling of the outcome"
    :thumb:

Ettiquette doesn't really come into it, men prefer you to swallow but it's a personal choice and men should respect you enough to accept if you aren't comfortable doing so then you shouldn't. It's absolutely your choice to make.

Spliffie, i think you need to remember that this forum is aimed at young people and that it's not really apropriate to answer some things in the way you have.
  • Options
    :yes:
  • Options
    According to my ex, the swallowing motion itself felt good compared to if I were to have just held my mouth still and waited for him to finish. So, I guess that's a potential bonus. And of course, no guy wants to think that his partner thinks his semen is yucky. xD

Since this was the first time you've encountered semen in your mouth, I'm guessing you've never swallowed before. You could potentially give it a try next time (although you still reserve the right to decide that you don't like it). If the idea of swallowing is just something you're not willing to try, though, he needs to get over it and accept that you'll be spitting it into a tissue or something. Maybe he'd prefer you to swallow, but that's just tough luck on his part unless you change your mind. You shouldn't have to do anything you're uncomfortable with, just like you wouldn't force him to do something he didn't want to.
  • Options
    :thumb:

Ettiquette doesn't really come into it, men prefer you to swallow but it's a personal choice and men should respect you enough to accept if you aren't comfortable doing so then you shouldn't. It's absolutely your choice to make.

I answered the question - it's considered good manners. You might disagree, but that's only because you've got bad manners.

In any case, I'm reliably informed swallowing is far more effective than spitting when it comes to the best way of getting rid of it so it's win-win.

I'll admit though, my perspective is pretty much restricted to women who enjoy sucking dick just as I enjoy licking poon, so that might skew things a little bit :cool:
    Spliffie, i think you need to remember that this forum is aimed at young people and that it's not really apropriate to answer some things in the way you have.

If someone's old enough to be giving blowjobs and you're giving them advice, I struggle to see what's inappropriate to introduce the concept of etiquette... :confused:
  • Options
    I think that if you don't want to swallow it don't let him cum in your mouth. Just like finish him off with your hand. To me oral sex is pleasurable to both people, but it is a lot of work for the person giving it and if you're going to do all the work you might as well get something out of it so swallowing the jackpot to me is that reward.

It's like giving a prostitute a tip because she was really good in bed.
  • Options
    I really think it's up to a girl to decide whether to spit or swallow.
    personally I think spitting ruins the mood, but okay. if you're really not up for it, then it's your choice not to do it and your boy should at least try to understand it.
  • Options
    I think that if you don't want to swallow it don't let him cum in your mouth. Just like finish him off with your hand. To me oral sex is pleasurable to both people, but it is a lot of work for the person giving it and if you're going to do all the work you might as well get something out of it so swallowing the jackpot to me is that reward.

Ding ding ding.

Also, even if you don't like the taste... it's already in your mouth. May as well swallow and be done with it rather than have to hold it there and keep tasting it while you find a proper receptacle to spit it into. That's my logic, at least.
  • Options
    I answered the question - it's considered good manners. You might disagree, but that's only because you've got bad manners.

In any case, I'm reliably informed swallowing is far more effective than spitting when it comes to the best way of getting rid of it so it's win-win.

I'll admit though, my perspective is pretty much restricted to women who enjoy sucking dick just as I enjoy licking poon, so that might skew things a little bit ;)

i disagree because manners shouldn't come into it in this situation, it should be about what the giver feels the most comfortable doing, some girls won't feel comfortable swallowing so why should they? it's no reflection on a person's manners.

Given that the safest way to advise giving head is with a condom would it still be bad manners not to swallow? I find you telling anyone who reads this (including underage girls) that it is bad manners to spit and the best thing to do is to be polite and swallow pretty offensive to be honest, we should be promoting the right to do only what the individual feels most comfortable with and the right to say no, and reflecting that with all sexual choices, whether it is spit, swallow, up the bum or whatever. You saying that spitting is bad manners could be construed as manners dictate what a woman chooses to do with her body, therefore actually she has no choice but to do what is considered "good manners".

I prefer to swallow personally, but i believe in the right to make a choice on how comfortable you feel in an individual situation, you stating that manners come into such a personal preference and something that is such a big scary thing to some people makes you look a bit ignorant at best, i'm sure you would like your women chained to the sink whilst they are made to swallow your spunk too.
  • Options
    i disagree because manners shouldn't come into it in this situation, it should be about what the giver feels the most comfortable doing, some girls won't feel comfortable swallowing so why should they? it's no reflection on a person's manners.

But they do come into it. Most discussions I've have with women reach this conclusion quickly. It's what they tell me, and its what most guys think as well. So when the question is posed as to why guys prefer a woman to swallow, I don't see why it shouldn't be suggested.
    Given that the safest way to advise giving head is with a condom would it still be bad manners not to swallow?

Errr...there would be nothing to swallow. nice but dim, eh?
    I find you telling anyone who reads this (including underage girls) that it is bad manners to spit and the best thing to do is to be polite and swallow pretty offensive to be honest, we should be promoting the right to do only what the individual feels most comfortable with and the right to say no, and reflecting that with all sexual choices, whether it is spit, swallow, up the bum or whatever. You saying that spitting is bad manners could be construed as manners dictate what a woman chooses to do with her body, therefore actually she has no choice but to do what is considered "good manners".

In my opinion it is impolite to spit, an opinion shared by most men and most women (or at least amongst those who enjoy giving fellatio to start with) so why not state it when the question is posed as to why this preference exists?

It could only be construed as such by making several wholly erroneous errors in logic, so obviously erroneous you discredit your own argument. Considering spitting to be rude does not equate to believing women should have no choice but to do what is considered "good manners", that's just silly.
    I prefer to swallow personally, but i believe in the right to make a choice on how comfortable you feel in an individual situation

I don't disagree - did I state anywhere that women don't have a right to choose whether to spit or swallow? No, I didn't. Everyone has a right to choose what to do or what not to do (within legality) - likewise, everyone has a right to consider certain actions to be polite or impolite, good or bad, attractive or unattractive, a turn on or a turn off.
    you stating that manners come into such a personal preference and something that is such a big scary thing to some people makes you look a bit ignorant at best, i'm sure you would like your women chained to the sink whilst they are made to swallow your spunk too.

Sweatheart, I don't make my women swallow my spunk, nor do I have a desire to chain them to the sink - unless requested. Every woman I've been with has swallowed, I wouldn't waste my time with one who didn't in the same way I wouldn't waste my time with a woman whose sexual repetoire consisted solely of missionary position with the lights off.
  • Options
    Well I'm never giving you a blow job
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    Well I'm never giving you a blow job

Yeah, sure you wouldn't :rolleyes:

Pics?
  • Options
    my logic is that noone wants to be thought of as rude- obviously rude people are frowned upon within society etc etc, therefore saying that it is bad manners to spit (within this situation) would leave you with two options - spit and be thought of as rude or swallow even though you may not be comfortable with it, just to ensure you aren't thought of as rude. I don't think manners and aproval from society should overide personal choice in this instance. If someone says you have bad manners its hurtful coz we are brought up to believe that good people have good manners and bad mannered people aren't apreciated by society. yes spitting is generally considered bad manners but i don't think it should be in this instance as it is a deeply personal choice and something that some people simply aren't comfortable with.
  • Options
    Pics?

if you insist
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    if you insist

Yeah baby!
  • Options
    In my opinion it is impolite to spit, an opinion shared by most men and most women

I don't know anyone IRL who considers it impolite to spit.

However perhaps this insistence on swallowing might explain why some suckers pretend they enjoy you coming on their face instead of in it?
  • Options

However perhaps this insistence on swallowing might explain why some suckers pretend they enjoy you coming on their face instead of in it?

Except that I don't "insist", all the women I've had blowjobs from simply swallowed of their own accord, including the one sitting here laughing right now.

:d

In what way am I sucker, she asks? Literal sense aside...
  • Options
    i personally prefer to swallow - always have and i don't intend to change. the guys i've given bjs loved me swallowing, turns a guy on like crazy lol.
  • Options

Indeed.

My personal opinion is that if you're not willing to swallow it yourself, you shouldn't EXPECT someone else to do it. Up until a few months ago I was massively, massively uncomfortable with the idea of swallowing or even having it anywhere near my face. Last weekend was the first time I've managed to swallow all of it without gagging on it. But Boy has never considered me RUDE for the times when I've not wanted to swallow it, because he knows that it's personal preference and he should count himself bloody lucky that I'm down there giving him mind-blowing blowjobs in the first place.
  • Options
    Indeed.

My personal opinion is that if you're not willing to swallow it yourself, you shouldn't EXPECT someone else to do it. Up until a few months ago I was massively, massively uncomfortable with the idea of swallowing or even having it anywhere near my face. Last weekend was the first time I've managed to swallow all of it without gagging on it. But Boy has never considered me RUDE for the times when I've not wanted to swallow it, because he knows that it's personal preference and he should count himself bloody lucky that I'm down there giving him mind-blowing blowjobs in the first place.

Out of interest, do you consider yourself "bloody lucky" to have a boy go "down there"? What would you think if he made a fuss about vaginal secretions?
  • Options
    My personal opinion is that if you're not willing to swallow it yourself, you shouldn't EXPECT someone else to do it.

Mine is no matter how glad you are to swallow it, you shouldn't expect someone else to - I'm fairly sure it's not what you meant, but all this "returning the favour" business irritates the hell out of me. As far as I'm concerned if you're going to barter for sex, you may as well just pay for it.
  • Options
    In what way am I sucker, she asks? Literal sense aside...

I thought the word play was obvious, but as you're repeatedly PMing me for an answer, it was only intended in the literal sense - as I have no other information about these purported people performing penile pleasure upon your person.