Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do you dress up for Christmas day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you dress up in your bestest gear for xmas day or just slob out in your trackies?

We are normally in pj's for the present unwrapping then get something nice on for the rest of the day

Comments

• Options
    I used to dress up. I don't think I can be arsed this year, like. I don't have anything suitable that'll actually fit me anymore, anyway.
  • Options
    Pjs in the morning til we've opened our presents then just wear whatever, although if i get something nice i'll wear that
  • Options
    I have quite a posh family, so we wear quite formal clothes (me, my mum, my aunt, my cousin, and my uncle go round to my nan and granddads.)

And, we go round at about 10 so we don't open any presents at home- no opportunity for lounging around in Pjs :( x
  • Options
    We're quite a sexy family and I can often be found looking a bit like this of an Xmas morn...

sexysanta.jpg
  • Options
    Here Christmas is celebrated on Christmas Eve starting at around six in the evening so it's usually the norm to get some nice clothes for christmas. Eat a fancy dinner and then go on to open presents.

I'm 8+ months pregnant though so I don't know what I'll do for clothes. Don't want to buy something to use for just one day. Argh, come to think of it I must actually think about it since I only have today and tomorrow.
  • Options
    i just dress normally
  • Options
    Since we celebrate christmas on the evening of 24th, I am usually not in trackies or PJs, as I am still in the things I wore that day. It's usually still just Jeans and T-Shirt or shirt.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Same, regarding to the evening of 24.
    I usually wear what I usually do.
  • Options
    I unwrap my presents naked and then i wear my best suit for christmas lunch.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    I unwrap my presents naked and then i wear my best suit for christmas lunch.

I am soooooooooooo gonna be one of your presents.

So i might as well stay for lunch as i'm rather partial to some stuffing :thumb:
  • Options
    As for me, well i don't put a suit and tie on, but make a bit of an effort.
  • Options
    We dress normally pretty much. No trackies though.... We usually go on a mega walk with the dogs, so can't really dress up.
  • Options
    We dress normally pretty much. No trackies though.

:yes: Only going out to walk the dog on the day, so no reason to get dressed up.
  • Options
    i always get a nice christmas day outfit :) usually a dress but nothing like, a cocktail dress or something that you'd go out in. this year iv just got a berry red jumper dress, its pretty lovely though.
  • Options
    Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't.
  • Options
    ha, i just dress up how i do normally!!!!!!

now you've got me thinking what i should wear though!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ha, i just dress up how i do normally!!!!!!

now you've got me thinking what i should wear though!!!!!!!!

I ordered this but it has'nt arrived :no: ,i will have to think of something else if it isnt here tomorow.

http://www.boohoo.com/evening-dresses/samia-leopard-print-trapeze-dress/invt/azz82527?_lm_esp=14-85-633
  • Options
    :O That dress is lovely!! x
  • Options
    Its nice isnt it, well if you like it then it i know its ok :thumb:
  • Options
    Haha, me and my amaaaaaazing fashion advice ;)

I love boohoo, I asked my mum to get me some stuff for xmas, but she said it wouldn't arrive in time :grump: x
  • Options
    Well looks like she was right i doubt it will arrive now but heh hoh !
  • Options
    It might do :) When did you order it? x
  • Options
    16th which was last Thursday, it is on its way but the weather has caused delays!!

I hope it arrives i really like it and i don't want to have to find something else on xmas eve especally as i only have about £20 left lol
  • Options
    I'm sure it'll arrive! But if it doesn't, I bet you have some lovely clothes already :)
    Doing your hair can always make a big difference to outfits as well, x
  • Options
    well I just wear my usual of nipple clams and fig leaf :p

nah, usually trackies and a baggy t-shirt, as I eat alot on christmas day :D
  • Options
    We celebrate Christmas on the evening of the 24th AND on Christmas Day (hooray for mongrel families!). We get smarted up for Christmas Eve, just tradition, but Christmas Day is more of a casual affair.

I've spent so long planning what the baby's going to wear that I've totally forgotten about me. Oops. Hope I can squeeze into one of my pre-child dresses :chin:
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »

I've spent so long planning what the baby's going to wear that I've totally forgotten about me. Oops. Hope I can squeeze into one of my pre-child dresses :chin:

ooh and what IS she going to wear? thats far more interesting than what we're going to wear! i love all the christmas dresses they have out for baby girls, they make me sqeeee inside.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm dressing up as Britney Spears and exploring my gender identity
  • Options
    ooh and what IS she going to wear? thats far more interesting than what we're going to wear! i love all the christmas dresses they have out for baby girls, they make me sqeeee inside.

She's got a red cord pinafore dress and a little cream cardy for Christmas Eve, and for Christmas Day I'm still torn between her teal tunic dress, or a very twee but quite cute 'my first christmas' top someone bought her.

She has a Christmas sleepsuit too, obv :heart:
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    She's got a red cord pinafore dress and a little cream cardy for Christmas Eve, and for Christmas Day I'm still torn between her teal tunic dress, or a very twee but quite cute 'my first christmas' top someone bought her.

She has a Christmas sleepsuit too, obv :heart:

red and cream :heart:

clearly on christmas day you should dress her up as a pudding, nothing is cuter than that. haha.

i want pics after christmas okay!x