Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should toddlers be on social networking sites?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Monserrat wrote: »
    I'm not on Faceook/Twitter/Myspace, therefore I don't exist.
    snap its nice to meet a NON facebook, twitter myspace user !!! x
  • Options
    flowergirl wrote: »
    snap its nice to meet a NON facebook, twitter myspace user !!! x

I DON'T FUCKING GET FACEBOOK !

Why the fuck do people need to tell a bunch of strangers they'll probably never meet that they've just done the ironing (which i hate) and am now going to have crumpets..........lol. Does anyone fucking care ? It's like a never ending electronic version of the 'round robin' you get in your Christmas card every year off the fucking weirdos you stupidly gave your address to while you were on holiday because you were pissed.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    :lol: Friends of the internet type, yes!

Nah. About 90% of people I have as friends are those I would just interract with in another way without FB. This just means that we can do it more often. Our status updates are often in jokes or mini rants and usually end up being part of a conversation in the pub/office etc or are actually the consequence of such conversations.

I also have family members on there, people that I rarely get to see these days. I suppose that I *could* ring them/write letters/emails to them. This is just another way of doing that.

Change with the times people, because the world won't stop and wait for you.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    RubberSkin wrote: »

I DON'T FUCKING GET FACEBOOK !

Why the fuck do people need to tell a bunch of strangers they'll probably never meet that they've just done the ironing (which i hate) and am now going to have crumpets..........lol. Does anyone fucking care ? It's like a never ending electronic version of the 'round robin' you get in your Christmas card every year off the fucking weirdos you stupidly gave your address to while you were on holiday because you were pissed.

But I don't tell a bunch of random people - I tell my friends. I don't randomly add people because I play xyz random game, I have people who are my real friends on there. And yes, I do update random shit, but I also use it to keep in touch with people and it does make it easier.

As for having my child on facebook - I have protected photos on there. Not everyone can see them. I wouldn't create a profile for her - that's a bit weird IMO.
  • Options
    Creating a FB account for your two-year-old is a bit creepy. Showing people photos of their kids is just what parents do, isn't it?

This. Parents will always show photos of their kids off, but they need to show some discretion as to what they add, use teh controls as to who can see it.

One of my realtives has set a facebook account up for her SIX year old, just so he can play the games. A lot of his freinds havd facebook profiles as well to do this. This is the same brat that cannot possibly have a day of being bored in the holidays in case he runs riot.

(I'm another facebook?-couldnt-give-a-crap! person as well)