Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Experience of living in London

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
London is so much the hub of Britain and my personal view is everyone in the country should have the experience of living here at some point in their life.

There are endless opportunities for urban leisure, community involvement and more job opportunities in London. The people is a complex mass of different backgrounds. I know friends who have moved from Cheshire, South Africa and Suffolk - plus many of their friends have migrated to the capital too

Who in the counties hasn't lived in the capital before, did at one time and who's trying to get out?

London : the ultimate experience

Comments

• Options
    I live there now. It's ok I guess. Really really crowded and prices, especially house prices, are beyond silly. Still, there's lots to do, some of it is really pretty and I'd be lying if I said that I don't like it. I'm a country boy at heart though, but for all its rudeness, general prices and chockablockiness, it's a good place to live.
  • Options
    Not for me, thanks.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    London <3

As long as I'm still north of the river ;)
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    London <3

As long as I'm still north of the river ;)

God yes, that's a deal-breaker.
  • Options
    I like living in London. May move out when I'm older and want to buy somewhere though.
  • Options
    It's not for me, either.

I enjoy a visit to London now and again, but I'm always glad to come home. I couldn't live there.
  • Options
    I've lived in london all my life and i love it - i would like to experience living somewhere else but if it was in the UK i would have to live in the proper countryside with chickens and horses and goats and donkeys. But it would have to be an amazing house to tempt me.

South of the river is oh so much better (and far less snobby) than the north. I absolutely love were i live, the only downside being that the senior schools are really reallllllly bad and the junior schools are good but very over subscribed and the houses are stupidly expensive - but I am a smug home owner so i shouldnt' complain really - i'd just like a slightly bigger garden - a play room and a study.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Not for me, thanks.

aversion to big cities?
    Kaff wrote: »
    It's not for me, either.

I enjoy a visit to London now and again, but I'm always glad to come home. I couldn't live there.

.........and you. Thanks for coming to spend and help the London economy anyway :)
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I like living in London. May move out when I'm older and want to buy somewhere though.

Yeah, an idyllic retirement in a Shropshire cottage.........just down from the farm selling fresh eggs
    Wyetry wrote: »
    South of the river is oh so much better (and far less snobby) than the north. I absolutely love were i live............
    I'm south of Waterloo station too
  • Options
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    Yeah, an idyllic retirement in a Shropshire cottage.........just down from the farm selling fresh eggs

I was thinking of just a move to the suburbs, nothing as drastic as the countryside.
  • Options
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    aversion to big cities?

Just London so far.
  • Options
    Dont reckon its for me either. I like to visit, but after about 3 days im always glad to be home.
  • Options
    Same here. I think the only people who like living in London actually live there....

The other 60 million of us in the UK like affordable housing, restaraunts, shops and people who aren't in an eternal rush to get nowhere in particular. :p
  • Options
  • Options
    I lived in London for about 9 months. it's one big change going from a city in the south west to going to a huge city in the south.
  • Options
    In my opinion it´s the eternal argue between very enterteining but also crowded places, and the caracteristic peace in other places...

I think they both have good and bad aspects, but you really have to live in both places sometime in order to criticise with a little knowledge...

It´s up to you what you really want to do....because you can feel good or bad in any place...

bye bye
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    I lived in London for about 9 months. it's one big change going from a city in the south west to going to a huge city in the south.

Yeah...........London is hugh- by far bigger than anyway else in the UK