Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Customer stories

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been looking at an old thread on this and thought it would be good to start another thread on it.
Does anyone have any funny/weird customer stories?

Comments

• Options
    There are two takeaways in town, and people order from the other one on the phone, come into ours, and shout at me when the order isn't ready, because we never got it.
  • Options
    Only slighty weird story I've got was when a woman came in and tried to get a refund for some strawberries... trouble is a) she didn't have a receipt b) we didn't sell those type and c) you could see the peeled off sainsbury's sticker. Customer fail.

Other than that it was just people getting insanely mad over us not having a particular type of melon :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Where I work, we often get calls about fixing Blackberry phones for some reason, although we didn't offer any kind of service like that (we do now but that's another story).
    Once someone called and wanted us to find his phone, that he'd apparently lost the day before and didn't remember where.

This wasn't about one of "my" customers but I watched it happen:
    I was in a coach, going to another city. The coach stopped somewhere at 4:50 and it was supposed to leave from there at 5:00. There were a couple of old women complaining about how people are lazy and that since we'd got there early we should leave early too and that this was a huge waste of time.
    An old man sitting near them (another passenger) kindly explained that people who want to take the coach expect it to leave at 5 and if it left early they'd miss it. Their response? "They're paying you to say that!"
  • Options
    I don't have any really, other than being hit on when I used to work a bar.

Once the manager had to move me to another bar, these guys were getting so much, but they duly came and found me. A testament to how wasted they were - I'm not that good looking. That and having to clean up their puke at the end of the night.
  • Options
    people are weird. in a charity shop i worked in a woman actually tried haggling over the price of something. :eek2:
  • Options
    my friends had a hotdog throw at her before cause we couldnt controll the wasps at work ;|
  • Options
    my customers seem to be a particularly stupid breed.

for example, on sunday:
    'do you do pots of tea?'
    'no, we do mugs of tea'
    'i'll have a pot of tea then'.
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    my customers seem to be a particularly stupid breed.

for example, on sunday:
    'do you do pots of tea?'
    'no, we do mugs of tea'
    'i'll have a pot of tea then'.

Agh we get them like this, this just dont seem to understand the word 'no':banghead:
  • Options
    what REALLY bugs me is when you upsell something and people don't understand that it's extra.

eg. 'do you want to add toast to your breakfast?'
    'yes please [looks at till]... why is the price more?'
    'because you want toast'
    'i don't want it then'.

i'm not running through every item on the breakfast to check that you want it, moron.
  • Options
    Or when they dont tell the person on the till theyre entire order but tell the person making the coffee, by which time theyve already made it as it was ordered. 'oh sorry i wanted that with skinny milk'.... tough tits you shouldve been organised!

And some people cant take the hint!
    Once we had two people sitting outside at about 6 and since we have to bring in the outside furniture at about 6.30 we left them for a bit. Bit later, we let them know we'd be bringing in the furniture to give them time to leave but they didnt. Eventually it was 6.45 so i go out and start bringing it in which usually encourages people to leave. I had brought in everything except 2 chairs and a table that they were sitting on and they just stayed and chatted!!! I know you're enjoying yourself but im not and i wanna go home!!
  • Options
    I've been that customer ^^^

I even had the pub turn the lights out on me and some mates!
  • Options
    My sister works in a cafe / bar. She's had customers have a go at her because they've been charged for having a drink of water. One night, she did catch 2 people having sex in a toilet. Classy!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Melian wrote: »
    My sister works in a cafe / bar. She's had customers have a go at her because they've been charged for having a drink of water. One night, she did catch 2 people having sex in a toilet. Classy!
    Were they foreigners? England (and perhaps the entirety of the UK) was the only place I've been to where you had to pay for a glass of water.
  • Options
    I probably said this on the last thread, but my pet hate was when people would come in, look at the price of something, tut, and say to me, "this is 16p cheaper in Superdrug".

FUCK OFF TO SUPERDRUG AND BUY IT, THEN!
  • Options
    Were they foreigners? England (and perhaps the entirety of the UK) was the only place I've been to where you had to pay for a glass of water.

Dont have to where i work! For a bottle you do but not a glass of tap water
  • Options
    I work at a chain supermarket frying donuts in the morning. You'd be amazed at how flustered calorie junkies get at 5:00 am when they can't get their fix.

*conversation takes place next to a giant glowing glass case with a giant "Donuts" sign*

- "Do you guys carry donuts?"
    - "... yes" *nods towards case full of donuts three feet to their left*
    - "Well are they not ready yet or what?"

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I work at a chain supermarket frying donuts in the morning. You'd be amazed at how flustered calorie junkies get at 5:00 am when they can't get their fix.

*conversation takes place next to a giant glowing glass case with a giant "Donuts" sign*

- "Do you guys carry donuts?"
    - "... yes" *nods towards case full of donuts three feet to their left*
    - "Well are they not ready yet or what?"

:rolleyes:

munchies i reckon :p
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    munchies i reckon :p

:lol: hardly an excuse.
  • Options
    when i worked in a department store in sydney i got stupid customers aall the time, mostly with phone orders actually.

during the january sales id get customers phoning up and asking me when the sale ended, so id tell them that it was on until the 1st of febuary for EVERY SINGLE item in the store.
    "ok but does that include jewellery?"
    "yes madam, every item in the store is 20% off."
    "oh right ok..and does that include kitchen appliances?"
    "Yes, all items in every department"
    "ok thankyou, and you say the sale is on until the end of feb?"
    NOOO!!! people dont listen!
    I got a bit blunt one time with one aussie guy on the phone too and obviously pissed him off, so he called me a "stupid goddamn irish bitch" and hung up on me. err, im not irish. idiot :rolleyes:

also pissed me off when people would be standing underneath an extremely obvious sign saying theres a sale on (with the price stickers with the slashed prices on them) yet theyll still call me over and ask idiotic questions.
  • Options
    Was serving a customer one time and noticed they were wearing a nice crystal necklace, which I thought my gf would like, so I asked them where they got it from

"Its my husbands ashes....."

Needless to say I had never felt more awkward in my entire life, and my gf didn't get her necklace :lol:
  • Options
    In my final days at my old work (IT helpdesk), I had a girl calling for technical support for her iPod. Let's get this straight:

1. We supplied computer systems, not MP3 players.
    2. She was phoning while queuing for a ride at Alton Towers, the cheek of it.
    3. The ride was Runaway Mine Train. Don't be shy girl, give Oblivion a try :-)
    4. She phones up 1 week later to try and get support for iTunes that came with her iPod. She was one cheeky bugger.
  • Options
    Oh we get patients complaining all the time...about the fact the Hospital doesn't have sky, you can't get a cooked breakfast and had one man complain that he didn't get a bed bath (he was perfectly able to wash himself) and didnt think it fair the elderly gentleman in the bed next door got one...er, weirdo :eek2: Seriously if you are well enough to scratch it you are well enough to wash it! :yeees:
  • Options
    I got a load of abuse once when I worked in Evans years ago, as the customer kept trying on clothes that where two sizes two small as we didnt have her size and then accusing me of chaninging the labels in the clothes :rolleyes: . We also had another person who would ask what clothing had glitter on it, and once tried on a tankini and then opened the dressing room curtain to ask what the sales girl thought of it.

We also had quite a few men/drag queens in buying shoes as we did wider shoes then normal. That is Brighton for you!

I have some very, say we say. interesting clients at work now, but even they can get topped by the regular stupidity of HMRC!
  • Options
    Oh we get patients complaining all the time...about the fact the Hospital doesn't have sky, you can't get a cooked breakfast

What do they think the hospital is? A hotel?
  • Options
    Some people are just lame aren't they?

Guy: Whats your best price on this laptop
    Me: It's what the ticket price says it is
    Guy: Common I know you can reduce it
    Me: As its a clearance model I cannot discount it any more as its already got 50 pound off
    Guy: If I buy it are you going to give me any free gifts?
    Me: No
    Guy: So your not going even knock 1 pound off?
    Me: Sorry but I really cannot discount this unit
    Guy: I'll go elsewhere and but it then
    Me: Thats fine your free to do so if you wish
    Guy: I read something in the paper about getting discounts and I know you can give me the discount I want so I DEMAND your lowest price on this laptop
    Me: Sorry sir but this really is the lowest price, if you find it cheaper anywhere else I will be happy to match them and beat it by 10% of the difference.
    Guy: *Gets out his iphone* - Ok Amazon do it for XXXX
    Me: Sorry but we do not compete against online prices
    Guy: Your a tight arsehole aren't you?
    Me: Can I show you our budget range of laptops, there maybe something you'll love over there
    Guy: Fuck off I'm going to Comet.

lol.
  • Options
    Some of these stories make me think the customers are being given bad service, not that they're bad customers.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Some of these stories make me think the customers are being given bad service, not that they're bad customers.

Seriously? Have you ever worked in retail or customer service?
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    At my work, this mother threw a fit over silly bandz. She didnt recognize the company who made silly bandz and kept asking me who made silly bandz. I said it was the manufacturer on the package but she wasn't buying it. This lady was out of her mind. She ended up leaving without buying the silly bandz. Does it really matter who made them?

-Adrenaline Rush. Does anyone know who made silly bandz?
  • Options
    When working in a well known Mickey Mouse 'outfit', a colleague and I were discussing where some displays would be moved to and who would be doing what next to the till point.

Two people were serving on the tills and there was one person in the queue, with one woman at the end.

The woman at the end of the queue looked at us and blurted 'Well, are you going to open another till for me'.

To which we replied 'No'.

She then slammed down her items and stormed out of the store.

LOL @ Katralla, just LOL