Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Customer stories

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Seriously? You can't see anything wrong with upselling without explaining the terms? Well, I think it's bang out of order. If someone wants to offer me extra toast with my breakfast, for example, unless they mention the extra charge then the sales technique is a cunty one and I would make that opinio known. Upselling without mentioning charges is totally unfair, and really bad customer service, I don't do it and it makes me furious when people try to do it to me.
  • Options
    Or, you just say 'Would you like toast with that, it's 35p' or something.

Not exactly the end of the world is it and out of the two, if a customer told me their 'opinion' in the way you describe, as opposed to being charged extra for the toast, I'd make it well known that you were the arse.
  • Options
    Er, if you mention that the toast is 35p then you're giving good customer service, if you don't then you're not - simples.
  • Options
    Not really worth the over-reaction on your part though, as you could also easily ask 'is there a charge for the toast'. Also simples.
  • Options
    Why should you have to, that would be bad customer service? All charges should be fair and open.
  • Options
    Im sorry but thats ridiculous, the prices will be open and fair on the menu, every time a member of staff offers you something there is NO way they should announce the price, it is the consumers obligation to check the prices,

if someone comes to a bar and orders a drink and they're offered a large, you will not think the large is gonna be the same cost, do you.

Staff members can not be expected to remember the price of everything, the same if your offered sides in a restaurant, they do not say "would you like a side of ***** it is £5.50"

If the customer is offered an item and thinks they're getting it free, they're a fool.
  • Options
    It could be reasonably assumed that toast comes with a breakfast, so it is only fair to mention that it is at extra cost.
  • Options
    lol this is a funny thread but i on the other hand am a customer i don't do many stupid things but i do do things to piss off staff in shops if i think they are stuck up their own arses, as a paying customer i expect to be treated well in shops but won't name any shops just in case any of u work in them but one shop in particular i find the staff think they are really sumit and they always look down their noses at me when i go in to browse or buy and i think oh my god u only work in a shop what makes u think u so bloody brilliant, anyways i don't want to offend anyone on here but i feel like this in some shops and just wanted to give my opinion as a customer:) x
  • Options
    I spent years in retail but don't really remember any horrible stories, general ones about finding used shoes in the boxes or old women who bitch about the price at the checkout because they can't calculate tax. The ones I do remember are the nice ones who told me, you don't get paid enough, I wish I could give you a tip, or the ones I see trying to secretly organize the bra racks. They must have worked in retail and felt bad for us ;)

Or funny names when I worked in customer service, like Benjamin Franklin (with a minnie mouse voice) or the woman named pam huckleberry... and her work email was phuckleberry... hehehe.

I do remember stories of me being a jackass, like the last time I was at the airport, can you tell me where the baggage claim for Delta is? The woman looks at me like I was a moron and then points... it was right in front of me. :o Perhaps she logged that in her dumbass customer stories file.
  • Options
    Can I have a double and coke please.

Sure what double

I Said a DOUBLE AND COKE

Yes but what spirit.

Oh just get me a vodka and lemonade then.

Grrrr