Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mum iss hospital, family falling apart.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,
Well I live in a family of 6 with 2 sisteers and one brother, I am second oldest. My mother is so very ill and is in hospital, as Father has work and teands to always be busy. My Aunt has to watch us, she tells my younger brother and sister things like your Mother shall die in hospital or is going to my oldest sister had, had a go at her when she had started constantly beating us it's been a week now, I cry myself to sleep at night and think of ways to harm myself. I can't really stand it my Mosher&Father do tend to beat us and hit us but now I feel as though I may not be able to stand it. When Father gets home pays my Aunt for looking after us, he would then randomly start shouting at us for doing things like going out and all me & my Father do not tend to get along, I do not know what to do,pplease help.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Which country are you from, *Alarna*?
  • Options
    United Kingdom why?
  • Options
    he would then randomly start shouting at us for doing things like going out

What do you mean by going out. Like going out without asking? going somewhere you're not allowed? :)
  • Options
    Going out with friends. I do ask but if I'm a few seconds late home even a minute late home it will really tick my Father of.
  • Options
    *Alarna* wrote: »
    United Kingdom why?

Well, I asked because your options are different from country to country. In the UK, there is lots of possible

Have you considered contacting Childline on 0800 11 11?

http://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx

They can talk to you, understand the full nature of your situation, and then advise you on precisely the support that you can get.

You've done a brave thing to mention this out in the open like this, so congratulations.

Now you must be extra brave and look for help in getting this sorted out; not only for your protection but also the protection of your sisters and brother.

No child should be abused in any way, whether verbal, physical or worse. It is your right to be treated properly.
  • Options
    Oh ChildLine might give it another go it couldn't hert could it, hopefully they wont break the confidentiallity promise on me again or trace my call x

And at least I'm annonomouse on this site no one noes who I am right? thats good as well x

Thanks for the advice it was very helpful x :yes:
  • Options
    Oh ChildLine might give it another go it couldn't hert could it, hopefully they wont break the confidentiallity promise on me again or trace my call x

They won't either break your confidentiality or trace your call. You will be free to say exactly what you want to them. They are there to help you, not betray you. You can always use a public telephone if you do not want to call from home. Let us know how you get on. :)
  • Options
    They have broke the cconfidentiality on me before, that is what I am afraid of, and the counciller thinking oddly about me. I'm surrprised I had the courage to type it you should have seen that it took me ages and for ever to decidde weather to post it or not I think I prefare talking to my teddy named ted he is less scary and I can't access CL on my LapTop for some reason. What will they do if I call?
    What sort of quesions will they ask me?
    I'm scared and a total wuss I should be able to do it at my age :(
    Now I'm thinking what do you think of me?
  • Options
    They have broke the cconfidentiality on me before, that is what I am afraid of, and the counciller thinking oddly about me. I'm surrprised I had the courage to type it you should have seen that it took me ages and for ever to decidde weather to post it or not I think I prefare talking to my teddy named ted he is less scary and I can't access CL on my LapTop for some reason. What will they do if I call?
    What sort of quesions will they ask me?
    I'm scared and a total wuss I should be able to do it at my age :(
    Now I'm thinking what do you think of me?

Childline would never have broken your confidentiality. It must have been some other organisation. Childline know that they can only maintain the trust of children if there is absolute discretion. If it ever became known that Childine had betrayed a child's trust, they would disappear as an organisation because no child would phone them again.

They will only ask gentle questions in relation to what you tell them, to try and understand your situation better and then to offer you a range of suitable options in helping you and your siblings. You do not need to tell them your name, the details of where you live or anything like that. It's completely anonymous. It's more of an opportunity for you to talk and get things off your chest, without endangering you in any way.

Anyone in your situation would be scared so don't beat yourself up about it. :)
  • Options
    I had E-mailed them, father will know soon when he looks at the history so I have to face what's coming to me I guess. Hope they will reply. ChildLine only break there confidentiality if they feel a child or young person is in imediate risk of harm them they would need to break there confidentiality. And then one social worker shall come over to talk to me my siblings and father. As mother is in hospital she won't hit me father will instead with a bamboo stick he will do it hard enough to leave a mark. Life is hard enough as it is, I want help but I don't wantt people to get involved in the situation. There nothing to be scared of I know but I do not know whats holding me back is it just fear or something?
  • Options
    Delete your history? That way your dad wont see it..
    also, how does childline break confidentiality? If it's over the phone or email..etc how can they break it?
  • Options
    Even if I delete the history, Father still recieves it. I gave them to much info about me thats how I know it was stupid but when you join the site it ask's you to fill in loades of details. And they can also trace your call as well. And they would aalways tell you as well.

Xx
  • Options
    Call from a public phone box. It's still free and they can't trace you then.
  • Options
    Yeah thats a good idea I did that idea this afternoon we spoke for 40 mins at most straight we covered alot they said they can get me a regular chat with the glasgow base,they had said it will be helpful. But one thing they kept having to tell me was to repeat myself. Thanks everyone and exspecially Teagan for all your help I would have never done that if it wern't for you.
  • Options
    teagan, that's really good advice. i've read all through this thread, and your posts aare really encouraging.

*alarna*, i am sorry that you have to go through what you do, but i'm so relieved that you called childline. you know.. 1 little conversation with someone confidential can really help. keep us posted on how you're doing.

you have a teddy?. awww cute!. keep close to it, that will also help that you have that (i know it sounds stupid) but trust me, it works wonders. i'm here if you need me, probably good when it comes to advice as i not only enjoy helping people, but i've learnt a lot from the health communities that i post on that can help here.

*hugs*
  • Options
    It's capital A for *Alarna* arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Sorry just had to get that out my system.
    I like my teddy bear and he also has a name don't forget it! Ross. But it's wierd sometimes when ever I talk to it I feel like he talks back to me. I can be myself around him. You probaberbly think I'm wierd now 14 and talking to a bear, but he's the closest thing to a friend I have in the real world. :( But oh well :crying:
  • Options
    It's capital A for *Alarna* arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Sorry just had to get that out my system.
    I like my teddy bear and he also has a name don't forget it! Ross. But it's wierd sometimes when ever I talk to it I feel like he talks back to me. I can be myself around him. You probaberbly think I'm wierd now 14 and talking to a bear, but he's the closest thing to a friend I have in the real world. :( But oh well :crying:

it's okay to rant sometimes, don't worry about it. we all do it at times.

i don't think it's weird you talk to a bear, at all. as a matter of fact, i think that's comforting for you, and that's good. you have to have someone, and even if it's something as simple as a bear.. it's fine.

actually, from what i've read, you seem like the type of person i'd like to get to know a bit better.

*hugs*
  • Options
    Hi *Alarna*,

You should be very proud of yourself for calling Childline and also coming out here and telling others what is happening in your home. What your father and mother are doing is wrong and is not your fault. Please remember that, they have no right to harm you in any way.

There are other helplines that can help and perhaps you would like to have a look at them - you could go to an internet cafe if you want to check them out without your father knowing? Connexions and Young minds are two good websites that can also help you and that will keep whatever you say or do confidential.
    Like Teagan mentioned, if you want to make phone calls then you could do them from a phonebox.

Please keep being strong and remember that you are not alone. Many people can be here for you and listen to you if you let them.

Good luck and keep posting if you need any more help, advice and support.
  • Options
    :crying: I HATE my Father I hate him I hate him I hate him ARGHHHHHH someone fuking kill me now please I hate my Father and Mother if they have nothing fuking nice to say why say it at all I HATE it when he is in a fuking shit mood and then goes blameing me and my siblings. I hate trying to talk to him I hate talking anyone besides my teddy Ross I hate my Father and wish never to see him again I hope on the day of judgement he burns in fire I hate it when he hits me and makes me screem in pain after hitting me I hate it and caan't stand it no more. I want to end my life soon before I ruin anyone elses life.

Sorry for any mistakes I was doing this crying.:crying:
  • Options
    Hey Alarna, it sounds like you were having a really difficult night last night and it's good you came and posted on the boards to let out your frustration. How are you feeling now?

You shouldn't have to cope on your own or put up with any kind of abuse. It sounds like you had a positive talk with Childline this week so don't give up on that. Maybe you could give them another call?

Take care *hug*
  • Options
    My Fathers took away my cell. He's not letting me go out because he thinks I'm to young and he keep hitting I entered a stupid poem contest my poems going to be in a stupid book and all my Father does is laugh about it ad tells me how bad it is! Arggg I feel like attepting to kill myself soon x :(
    I'm scared to talk to them I can't call ChildLine with out my Father finding out I can't access theere stupid site because my dad's blocked it telling me to sort my own problems out by myself. But after all that I can't do anytthing about it because it Fathers coice he is the oldest and Mother coming out of hospital tomorrow and things will get alot worst I'm just looseing it :crying:
  • Options
    *Alarna* babe im soooo sorry to hear your going through this bbe,
    u shudnt b going threw this at all let alone, all by urself.. plz seek help asap, your so young u shud b out there having fun not wanting to harm yourself, defo talk to childline 0800 1111 if u want to write to them the address is on my website darling here for you always xxx
  • Options
    Hey :wave:
    I ddo have to go through it alone becase I can't seek help no more I think it's normal a bit is it?
    Am I supposed to get treated like this.I should just move back to bangladesh and do slave work for people agaiin my familys rich in bangladesh I don't need to work. How can I make my life easier.

And I have to harm myself for some reason or other I just do.
  • Options
    :wave: :wave:
    hi hunie ,,
    nooo its not normal and its not ok for this to happening to you!!!
    you dont deserve it at all..
    Your not meant to get treated like this nooway cant you stay with a family member? hugs xxxxx
  • Options
    Not really x
    I thought this was normal. I should have got used to it they've ben doing it since I was 4 x
  • Options
    I should just move back to bangladesh and do slave work for people agaiin my familys rich in bangladesh I don't need to work.

Huh?

Did you call Childline or not though, you seem to have said once that you did and afterwards that you cannot?

It's really important that you do find a way. You are not being treated in the way which you deserve and I'm guessing that you only tell us the tip of the iceberg.
  • Options
    In bangladesh I used to work for a rich family who would pay me 5 tekkah a day to cook and clean sometimes they would pay less if I did not work my best x
    And what do you mean I'm only telling you "the tip of the iceburg"?

And yes I did call ChildLine x
  • Options
    In bangladesh I used to work for a rich family who would pay me 5 tekkah a day to cook and clean sometimes they would pay less if I did not work my best x
    And what do you mean I'm only telling you "the tip of the iceburg"?

And yes I did call ChildLine x

Thanks, that makes more sense.

I think that you are only telling us a few bits and that worse actually happens - hence tip of the iceberg.

Good on calling Childline, keep in touch with them.
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    Thanks, that makes more sense.

I think that you are only telling us a few bits and that worse actually happens - hence tip of the iceberg.

Good on calling Childline, keep in touch with them.

still dont understand x
  • Options
    am i being silly, or is alanarrr and depressed girl the same user? only because they have excatly the same location as eachother other; "arr cant say that"

and, you remind me of hollyboos - or whatever her user name was - post...

But I hope you find a way of calling childline, what did you say when you told them what happend? is there any friends that you can confide with?