Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

300 British troops now dead...

13

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Why not start withdrawing them right now? It would save a lot more lives on both sides and billions of pounds too. Instead our politicians are so stupid they say we have to fight a disasterous immoral war for another four and a half years. Why?
    http://www.stopwar.org.uk

    To finish what they've started. They're trying to make the best of a bad job by seeing it through. It's not a random decision they've made for the sake of it.

    Also, you've posted that link before. It's getting old now.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    grace wrote: »
    To finish what they've started. They're trying to make the best of a bad job by seeing it through. It's not a random decision they've made for the sake of it.
    How the hell can a war that is totally wrong, that has caused the deaths of and horrific injuries of tens of thousands of people become a good war by allowing it to continue for another five years?

    If a war is bad then the sooner it is ended the better! By your logic Milosevic should have been allowed to continue his war of terror in the former Yugoslavia because it wasn't properly finished in 1995.

    By the way on the front line in the fight against the war in Afghanistan in Parliament square thousands are gathering to resist the eviction of the anti-war camp see this : http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/07/455793.html
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who said it was going to become a good war?

    By your logic: cats are sky and truffle-bottom and bigamous undersecretary disrupt outshout.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well the troops are only making the situation in Afghanitan worse the longer they stay there! That is why they should get out now!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Well the troops are only making the situation in Afghanistan worse the longer they stay there! That is why they should get out now!

    If they leave now, then Afghanistan will become a hiding place for terrorists looking to attack the West. By finishing it, they will likely be able to ensure a secure and stable army to support Afghanistan.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    grace wrote: »
    If they leave now, then Afghanistan will become a hiding place for terrorists looking to attack the West. By finishing it, they will likely be able to ensure a secure and stable army to support Afghanistan.

    With the added bonus that it pisses Steelgate off. I'm sure that's part of US and UK Govt reckoning, not to mention the other 40 countries that are part of ISAF
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    With the added bonus that it pisses Steelgate off.
    That alone is nearly enough to win the argument for me. Hell, I might even support Israeli appropriation of more Palestinian land if it winds him up more than me.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think America should have sent troops to Afganistan.The Afgan people do not like American army because they destroy life.If there were no American troops there would not have been so much death.

    It will be better that the American stay in their country instead of going to maintain order in Afganistan.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    grace wrote: »
    If they leave now, then Afghanistan will become a hiding place for terrorists looking to attack the West. By finishing it, they will likely be able to ensure a secure and stable army to support Afghanistan.
    That is complete rubbish! For a start Afghanistan never was a hiding place for terrorists! You should watch the excellent TV programme "The Power of Nightmares" from 2005 here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2081592330319789254#

    It explains that while there were a few Jihadist training camps the people at those camps were only being trained to fight in muslim countries where muslims were already at war such as Chechenya and Kashmir. They were not being trained to attack the west.

    And that Al Qaeda as an organised terrorist group with an organised comand structure and a central terror base located in Afghanistan is largely an invention of American right wing politicians imagination. What there is a very loose network of Islamic extremists spread across the world who look to Bin Laden for inspiration but he is not an actual leader of anything he is just a figure head.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can we rededicate this thread: http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=142841 to Goldswordy?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    That is complete rubbish! For a start Afghanistan never was a hiding place for terrorists! You should watch the excellent TV programme "The Power of Nightmares" from 2005 here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2081592330319789254#

    It explains that while there were a few Jihadist training camps the people at those camps were only being trained to fight in muslim countries where muslims were already at war such as Chechenya and Kashmir. They were not being trained to attack the west.

    And that Al Qaeda as an organised terrorist group with an organised comand structure and a central terror base located in Afghanistan is largely an invention of American right wing politicians imagination. What there is a very loose network of Islamic extremists spread across the world who look to Bin Laden for inspiration but he is not an actual leader of anything he is just a figure head.

    I said will become you fucking moron. At least read what I write before spouting irrelevant bullshit.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    grace wrote: »
    I said will become you fucking moron. At least read what I write before spouting irrelevant bullshit.
    How do you know that it will become a haven for terrorists? That is just what our politicians say!

    Islamic terrorists are spread across the whole globe, why do people think they are all planning to gather in Afghanistan to plot attacks on the west from there? That is just pro-war propaganda. You should go to this website and learn the facts:
    http://www.stopwar.org.uk
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    How do you know that it will become a haven for terrorists? That is just what our politicians say!

    Islamic terrorists are spread across the whole globe, why do people think they are all planning to gather in Afghanistan to plot attacks on the west from there? That is just pro-war propaganda. You should go to this website and learn the facts:
    http://www.stopwar.org.uk

    That is clearly a biased website.

    Find me a proper one and I'll look at it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    How do you know that it will become a haven for terrorists? That is just what our politicians say!

    And yet you purport to know what is going to happen in afghanistan after reading a stopwar website for 5 minutes.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Afghanistan never was a hiding place for terrorists! ...

    ...there were a few Jihadist training camps

    Contradiction much?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    Contradiction much?
    NO BECAUSE THOSE CAMPS WERE NOT TRAINING TERRORISTS TO ATTACK WESTERN TARGETS BUT TRAINING FIGHTERS TO FIGHT IN WARS LIKE CHECHENYA AND KASHMIR!!!

    America and Britain are also LOSING the war in Afghanistan! Virtually no one still support that stupid war nowadays!
    http://www.stopwar.org.uk
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    America and Britain are also LOSING the war in Afghanistan! Virtually no one still support that stupid war nowadays!
    http://www.stopwar.org.uk

    And you're an expert how?

    The Taliban are being more and more reduced to roadside bombs, they're unable to stand up to any push by the allies, the afghan army is improving, funding is short and Pakistan is nipping at their hinterland. The sooner the Taliban come to the negotiating table the better the deal they'll be able to get, but as long as we can keep our nerve (and frankly they can't defeat us outright, so us deciding to go is the only way they can win) the Taliban's defeat is only a matter of time.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And you're an expert how?
    Yes because I have been to many anti-war rallies and demonstrations and heard how the allies in Afghanistan are LOSING that war!

    It is only a matter of time before the allies fighting a war of aggression in Afghanistan are defeated! Go to this website and learn the facts: http://www.stopwar.org.uk

    If you support the stupid war against the Afghan people then you are a war criminal with blood on your hands!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Yes because I have been many anti-war rallies and demonstrations and heard how the allies in Afghanistan are LOSING that war!

    It is only a matter of time before the allies fighting a war of aggression in Afghanistan are defeated! Go to this website and learn the facts: http://www.stopwar.org.uk

    Yes and I've talked to many officers and soliders who've served (and have experience in solidering myself) and they tell a totally different story.

    So forgive me if I don't regard an anti-war website as being strong evidence compared to my own expertise.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes and I've talked to many officers and soliders who've served (and have experience in solidering myself) and they tell a totally different story.
    Well if those stupid soliders tell you they are winning the war in Afghanistan then they are totally wrong!:mad:

    What is more the soldiers fighting in that war are war criminals repsonsible for the deaths and injuries of tens of thousands of innocent Afghan civilians! :mad:

    The USA and Britain have opened the gates of hell with this war and are doomed to lose it!
    http://www.stopwar.org.uk
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Yes because I have been to many anti-war rallies and demonstrations and heard how the allies in Afghanistan are LOSING that war!
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Well if those stupid soliders tell you they are winning the war in Afghanistan then they are totally wrong!:mad:


    So, the people who are actually serving out there and see it with their own eyes, are less of an expert on the reality of what is happening in Afghanistan than some wanker reading a website and attending marches thousands of miles away?
    Go to this website and learn the facts: http://www.stopwar.org.uk

    I know it's a lot to ask, but please stop the spamming.
    What is more the soldiers fighting in that war are war criminals repsonsible for the deaths and injuries of tens of thousands of innocent Afghan civilians! :mad:

    Under what law?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Well if those stupid soliders tell you they are winning the war in Afghanistan then they are totally wrong!:mad:

    Dont call me stupid, and dont accuse me of lying.

    Can you honestly provide me with any evidence other than that stopwar website, which contradicts all the first hand information I have gained from my own personal experiences. No you cant, because it would just be mistruth.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Well if those stupid soliders tell you they are winning the war in Afghanistan then they are totally wrong!:mad:

    What is more the soldiers fighting in that war are war criminals repsonsible for the deaths and injuries of tens of thousands of innocent Afghan civilians! :mad:

    The USA and Britain have opened the gates of hell with this war and are doomed to lose it!
    http://www.stopwar.org.uk

    Certainly an interesting viewpoint that they know less about it than you. I mean it's not like they have any experience or expertise. Oh wait... they do.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    G wrote: »
    Dont call me stupid, and dont accuse me of lying.

    Can you honestly provide me with any evidence other than that stopwar website, which contradicts all the first hand information I have gained from my own personal experiences. No you cant, because it would just be mistruth.

    Welcome back G - that didn't take long :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Welcome back G - that didn't take long :D

    Steelgate has the effect on people. Especially when he says that G is a war criminal who doesn't know what's happening in Afghanistan.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    So, the people who are actually serving out there and see it with their own eyes, are less of an expert on the reality of what is happening in Afghanistan than some wanker reading a website and attending marches thousands of miles away?
    Well the troops serving in Afghanistan have got to be totally stupid for a start to not realise how hated they are by the Afghan people and to not notice that the Afghan war is totally wrong and a war crime!

    I stand by what I said before the war in Afghanistan is totally and utterly wrong and America and its allies are doomed to fail! :mad:

    Here is a good anti-war song by the way dedicated to all the stupid brainwashed troops out in Afghanistan, its called Wasted Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3mqtXQAunw
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Well the troops serving in Afghanistan have got to be totally stupid for a start to not realise how hated they are by the Afghan people and to not notice that the Afghan war is totally wrong and a war crime!

    I stand by what I said before the war in Afghanistan is totally and utterly wrong and America and its allies are doomed to fail! :mad:

    Here is a good anti-war song by the way dedicated to all the stupid brainwashed troops out in Afghanistan, its called Wasted Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3mqtXQAunw

    1. Funny you say that, I was talking to an Afghan national just the other day who says he prays to allah every day because he is thankful for what some British troops have done for him.

    2. Are you being serious, now you are using anti war songs as evidence the war is bad?

    Are you going to keep on spewing the same old stuff without any evidence, or at least evidence not from the stopwar website.

    Im definately going now, the only reason I popped back is because someone let me know what was going on in here. I know my opinion is probly as biased as Goldsworth's, however I have some serious issues with what is being suggested about me and some work colleagues.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Well the troops serving in Afghanistan have got to be totally stupid for a start to not realise how hated they are by the Afghan people and to not notice that the Afghan war is totally wrong and a war crime!

    I stand by what I said before the war in Afghanistan is totally and utterly wrong and America and its allies are doomed to fail! :mad:

    Here is a good anti-war song by the way dedicated to all the stupid brainwashed troops out in Afghanistan, its called Wasted Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3mqtXQAunw

    Oh and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfECxO1fkxc is a video too, amusing in an ironic way, lots of cool stuff getting blown up, and to a cool song. Just shows how videos on youtube and the music accompanying them can sometimes be neither morally right, or even factually helpful when describing what is going on in a conflict zone.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Goldsword wrote: »
    Well the troops serving in Afghanistan have got to be totally stupid for a start to not realise how hated they are by the Afghan people and to not notice that the Afghan war is totally wrong and a war crime!

    In what way is it a war crime and where is your evidence that the ISAF troops are hated?
    I stand by what I said before the war in Afghanistan is totally and utterly wrong and America and its allies are doomed to fail! :mad:

    That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Those troops, the ones you happily deride as "war criminals" would fight and die for you to maintain that right. Something you should reflect on.
    Here is a good anti-war song by the way dedicated to all the stupid brainwashed troops out in Afghanistan, its called Wasted Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3mqtXQAunw

    Here a good song which refutes that
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MoK wrote: »
    Those troops, the ones you happily deride as "war criminals" would fight and die for you to maintain that right. Something you should reflect on.
    No I maintain they are war criminals! Why because the stupid war by America and its allies against Afghanistan has resulted in tens of thousands of deaths and serious injuries of Afghan civilians! That in itself is MURDER! As those people would not have died had America and Britain not declared war on that country!

    You really should have a good long look at this anti-war website: http://www.stopwar.org.uk I think you and others in the pro-war brigade could learn a hell of a lot from it.

    The only troops who are right are the ones who are daring to speak out against this evil war! Thankfully some of them are speaking out against it. Like Joe GLenton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1X9HsotKag
Sign In or Register to comment.