Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I apparently violated a Youtube rule

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
This email landed up in my email inbox today.
Your video, Top Spin @ Rugeley Fair 2008, may include content that is owned or licensed by these content owners:

* Content owner: Sony Music Entertainment Type: Audio content

As a result, your video is blocked in these locations:
Germany

And it's just in Germany eh?! We're talking about some background music, where you can hear the gusts of wind, the hums of the fairground ride, plus some cheesy sound effects from the ride operator. Because you hear the sound effects every 20 seconds or so, it cuts up Sony's music anyway. I know that Sony Music have stepped in because of piracy, but why would anyone want to pirate that? It's not like "oh yeah, I'm going to download this shitty music/video recording, burn it to CD and pirate it lol!!!!111one". Yes I did record this video, but hell I don't even know what the offending track is. The purpose of my Youtube account is to chase assorted fairground rides.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    funny
  • Options
    I like your videos.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, but you see where I'm coming from? My account is there to capture ride cycles, see how different ride ops control their machines and get the general atmosphere of the ride. The music is barely audible and certainly isn't pirate-able, so I fail to understand why it got condemmed by a "bot".
  • Options
    From what I understood, YouTube wouldn't allow company's to claim for copyright violations if the music/video was background, and NOT the sole purpose of the video. For example, you could mime to a song, but you couldn't mime and have the ONLY sound being the song. But if you had it playing, and mimed while it was playing but you could hear other things like breathing/PC fans and such, it was fine.

Reminds me of a incident on the bus when the driver said you can't have your MP3 player sound too high so others could hear it, because it was "playing publicly and you need a broadcasting license".
  • Options
    OMG.

I went on that, in Rugeley, back in 1999... ;)
  • Options
    OMG.

I went on that, in Rugeley, back in 1999... ;)

Cool. I didn't know that particular Top Spin was running as far back as 1999. I do know that it got sold last year so we don't see it travelling the UK any more. We still got the Harley Davidson one which is more like the Alton Towers' ride, but operates a damn sight better than Ripsaw :-P