Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am I straight or bisexual?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got speaking to a guy from Gumtree on the sex section (which isn't there any more :( ) He told me that he has a few lasses in their 30s who we could shag.

We spoke to each other on the phone and by texting. I have met him twice this year, I have met him for sex and I don't know if I'm bisexual or not.

When ever he asks me when I want to shag one of the lasses, I always say that I want to shag them. But when the day comes, I don't meet them.

Over the past few weeks I decided that I don't want to be bisexual, but he keeps telling me 'practice' shagging him before we meet one of the lasses.

If I do meet for sex to shag one of the girls, I am scared and nervous that I won't get an erection because I want sex so much (I'm a virgin).

I'm suppose to be meeting them both this coming monday.

Some years ago I got speaking to a girl of around 4 years younger than me, we met and she gave me a blowjob, but I wasn't horny enough and I didn't get hard. She gave me it in a car park next to the sea in Newcastle lol

I just don't know what to decide. Am I straight or bisexual?

Comments

• Options
    I think you just like the idea of meeting people off the internet, in an obsession to lose your virginity.
  • Options
    Your posts always crack me up. :lol:

You need to stop worrying about getting laid and just go with whatever feels right.

You should only end up shagging this guy if you want to, its not going to prepare you for being with a girl- because you'd be shagging a lad.

I am afraid you don't get a choice what you are, straight, gay, half rice, half chips, you have the play the hand you've been dealt.

If you want to sleep with someone of whatever sex, then go for it. But have a bit of pride in who you sleep with cos desperation is not a nice smell.
    :thumb:
  • Options
    rofl, if I didn't know this is not a wind up...

yea, what calvin said. Do what feels right, can't decide anyway. Look at it from this side: being bisexual doubles your chances!
  • Options
    Over the past few weeks I decided that I don't want to be bisexual, but he keeps telling me 'practice' shagging him before we meet one of the lasses.

Do you believe in the Easter Bunny too? This guy's playing you.
  • Options
    What makes you think you might be bisexual?

Do you want to have sex with men? Do you ever fantasize about men when you're masturbating?

Just because this bloke wants to shag you doesn't mean you are bisexual!
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »

I am afraid you don't get a choice what you are, straight, gay, half rice, half chips, you have the play the hand you've been dealt.

:thumb:

nicely put Calvin! :lol:
  • Options
    that guy is using you. i'd bet any money there is no 'lasses'. hes just using that excuse to get you to have sex with him. its pretty sick really :/
  • Options
    that guy is using you. i'd bet any money there is no 'lasses'. hes just using that excuse to get you to have sex with him. its pretty sick really :/

I agree.
  • Options
    I have told him that I don't want to be bisexual but he keeps asking me when I want to shag him.

Don't think I'll meet him again. I'll just ignore his messages and see if he stops sending them.

Calvin wrote: »
    Your posts always crack me up. :lol:

Keep your comments to yourself please.
  • Options
    I have told him that I don't want to be bisexual but he keeps asking me when I want to shag him.

Don't think I'll meet him again. I'll just ignore his messages and see if he stops sending them.

Every post on here is somebodies comment.

I think he does have a point, you always seem to be on some lone quest to get laid :)
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    Every post on here is somebodies comment.

I think he does have a point, you always seem to be on some lone quest to get laid :)
    :yes:

If I ever found out that someone I was seeing had used the sex section of gumtree, I would run away screaming. Seriously, desperation is obvious whether you think you're good at hiding it or not. Why not just let it happen rather than this endless quest to get laid? Seriously, sex can be amazing but it's perfectly possible to live without it.
  • Options

dont ask questions in public then :thumb:
  • Options
    I have told him that I don't want to be bisexual.....

You don't choose to be bisexual. It's just the way some people roll..
  • Options
    He might tell you he has a magic wand and if you rub it you stop being bisexual. Be wary, for this is only a petty ruse.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    He might tell you he has a magic wand and if you rub it you stop being bisexual. Be wary, for this is only a petty ruse.
    :D:heart:
  • Options

lol :thumb:
  • Options
    My first thought was, what others have already posted... this sounds like you are being set up.
    If you chose to go ahead with the meeting anyway, please be careful, don't let anyone talk you into doing anything you don't want to do.
    Your first time should be special, thrilling, and create a good memory for you to look back on. Wouldn't it be an aweful fate to spend the rest of your days looking back and remembering being uncomfortable?
    With regards to your sexuality, define it however you like, I don't believe one has to fit into a neatly drawn box by society.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    :yes:

If I ever found out that someone I was seeing had used the sex section of gumtree, I would run away screaming. Seriously, desperation is obvious whether you think you're good at hiding it or not. Why not just let it happen rather than this endless quest to get laid? Seriously, sex can be amazing but it's perfectly possible to live without it.

My step-brother met his wife on gumtree!

Don't think it was on the sex section though.
  • Options
    Thanks for your messages. I've told him that I don't want to meet him again and that I'm going to wait until I'm ready and until I find 'the one'.
  • Options
    Waiting for "the one"? Swinging right to the other extreme now, hm? Why can't you just let it happen?
  • Options
    D, I think you know my thoughts on this. Just go out, and socialize, don't be affraid :) I know it can be tricky, but it's all about building confidence.
    Xx
  • Options
    Waiting for "the one"? Swinging right to the other extreme now, hm? Why can't you just let it happen?

I mean't I will let it happen when I meet a girl..... whenever that may be.

D, I think you know my thoughts on this. Just go out, and socialize, don't be affraid :) I know it can be tricky, but it's all about building confidence.
    Xx

Yep I know your thoughts about it Niamh. I'm out with the lads from work on Saturday 3rd July in town..... plenty of lasses about lol. I'll **try** and make an effort. This time I won't be driving cus I want to get pissed.
  • Options
    Yep I know your thoughts about it Niamh. I'm out with the lads from work on Saturday 3rd July in town..... plenty of lasses about lol. I'll **try** and make an effort. This time I won't be driving cus I want to get pissed.

Good. Go have fun :)
    Xx
  • Options

thats quite a way in the future to plan a night out.
  • Options
    thats quite a way in the future to plan a night out.

errmm... I've planned my Sunday the 4th. It involves the new twilight film, and a party (although... the person having the party hasn't actually been told yet :lol:) and I've planned a night out in August too soooo :razz:
    Xx
  • Options
    errmm... I've planned my Sunday the 4th. It involves the new twilight film, and a party (although... the person having the party hasn't actually been told yet :lol:) and I've planned a night out in August too soooo :razz:
    Xx

strange :s

maybe planning the friday night by about tuesday is as far as i'd go with planning nights out and about. and do u mean the person having the party doesn't know their having a party yet? or that don't know that ur going? :chin:
  • Options
    He doesn't know it's going to be at his house :p He doesn't mind, there have been many times where I've rung him up and gone "Oh, by the way, there are 40 or so people coming to yours later" It's quite funny.
    Xx
  • Options
    Surely he needs to know about the party being at his house.
  • Options
    Oh he doesn't care :p Chances are, he'll be having a party anyway :p
    Xx
  • Options
    I think everyone's born with the potential to be bisexual...it's our upbringing and sex drives that dictate what we end up doing. Everyone I know, with one or two exceptions in those who are asexual or from puritanical backgrounds, have had both straight and homo thoughts.

Beyond that, I don't think it's terribly important...who cares whether you're straight, bi or gay? You fancy who you fancy...give it time, play around, and keep an open mind.