Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Loosing a baby

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no, he wasn't. He was sticking up for a friend!
  • Options
    sticking up for you against someone offering sympathy or advice????.

All you had to say is I dont want to talk about it
  • Options
    I don't think it needs to be said, to be honest. If I wanted to talk about something, I'd of written it in the thread. I didn't
  • Options
    if i started a thread talking about self harm and someone asked me if it was relevant to me, Its not inappropriate because i would have been the one that started the thread.

You started the thread. Its perfectly appropriate for someone to question you.
    All you had to say is either nothing, or i dont want to talk about it.
    I think youre rude.
  • Options
    I Really Dont Want To Talk About It. Please Just Respect That.
  • Options
    BA - I don't think Suzy is saying that because you started a thread you should talk about it... Instead she is just saying that because you started the thread, it was reasonable for Katralla to ask what she did. So don't worry - noone here is pushing you to talk about anything.
  • Options
    PLEASE can we just leave it. PLEASE. I asked Strubbs to write that for me, because I know that every time I stick up for myself here I get in arguments, he is stronger than me emotionally and doesn't get wound up so easily.
  • Options
    theres no need to be so dramatic
  • Options
    I agree with BA, there is no need to throw fuel on the fire (not saying that anyone IS doing that, just that sometimes its better to say nothing) as this is obviously going to be an emotive issue to a lot of people for various and very personal reasons.

edit: in the time I wrote that, SCC with this classic:
    theres no need to be so dramatic

helpful.
  • Options
    PLEASE can we just leave it. PLEASE. I asked Strubbs to write that for me, because I know that every time I stick up for myself here I get in arguments, he is stronger than me emotionally and doesn't get wound up so easily.

Its not every time you stick up for yourself that gets you into arguments, its the way you deal with it. You come across very aggressive. I totally get why you might not want to go into any personal things about this thread. But at the same time, people have the right to ask. And tbh, you don't have a right to get angry at them. Just simply state that you didn't want to bring any personal information into it. Simple. :)
  • Options
    You know what.... I can not be bothered. If you really want to know, YES I've lost a baby, and it's very upsetting for me, I don't want to talk about it, it has nothing to do with ANY of you. It was my baby, this is my life.
    I just wanted to know if it was classed as a chemical pregnancy or not.
  • Options
    Its not every time you stick up for yourself that gets you into arguments, its the way you deal with it. You come across very aggressive. I totally get why you might not want to go into any personal things about this thread. But at the same time, people have the right to ask. And tbh, you don't have a right to get angry at them. Just simply state that you didn't want to bring any personal information into it. Simple. :)

exactly
  • Options
    sorry youve lost a baby. x
    Wasnt trying to get you to admit anything, just saying you dont need to be so aggressive
  • Options
    Haha, wow. Great show guys. And I was always convinced I was an insensitive cunt.
  • Options
    I think people need to chill a bit. My ex mrs lost my baby once, quite far gone as well, one of those things I guess I just have to deal with as you never quite forget it. It is truly a horrible feeling, and I did get a bit emotional over reading this thread.

Thats the way it always is, you connect more with things you have been through. Just hope this thread calms down.
  • Options
    dont worry. You still are.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Haha, wow. Great show guys. And I was always convinced I was an insensitive cunt.

Don't worry, you still are.

And tbh, it was a comment from you that started this weird argument that took it away from what the thread was actually about. Everyone that answered before this all started was happy to help BA, and she seemed fine with the comments given.

People totally understood why she didn't want to say anything, but this did not need to be turned into what it is now if it had been stated in a nicer way that personal things didn't want to be brought up. This is a two way thing, and we are all to blame here, so don't start blaming other people and acting like the hero.
  • Options
    Strubbles was sticking up for me, like I asked him to. He is a friend, looking out for me. Problem?
  • Options
    Strubbles was sticking up for me, like I asked him to. He is a friend, looking out for me. Problem?

Sweetheart, don't get patronizing. The clearly is a problem with him sticking up for you, since he basically caused this. Think about it. There was nothing wrong with you saying "i would rather not bring any personal information into this" done. He didn't need to stick up for you, because no one was forcing you to say anything.
  • Options
    I wanted him to stick up for me, he did not cause this at all. At least one person cares about me here!
  • Options
    At least one person cares about me here!

wow. Just shove all the advice people have ever given you on this site back in their faces. :thumb:
  • Options
    enough of the derail.
  • Options
    I am sorry you lost your baby, B-A, I think everyone should stop bickering about who started derailing this thread (because that's really not important) and go back to seeing if we can provide support (if and when you want any, B-A)
  • Options
    betsy wrote: »
    I am sorry you lost your baby, B-A, I think everyone should stop bickering about who started derailing this thread (because that's really not important) and go back to seeing if we can provide support (if and when you want any, B-A)

Good idea, its really not important and I think that next time such a sensitive subject comes up people should think twice before they post something, especially if its going to create some drama.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Oh yea, because I said in a collected matter that I think prying is inappropriate. It was your fucking windups that had this situation escalated, just fyi.

umm... i didn't wind anyone up, it wasn't me prying. And i wouldn't of pried because i thought it was clear BA didn't want to say anything personal and i respected that. It wasn't me that you pissed off with your comment. And it certainly wasn't me that started this argument. All i said was that there was no need for anyone to tell anyone to fuck off.
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    I think people need to chill a bit. My ex mrs lost my baby once, quite far gone as well, one of those things I guess I just have to deal with as you never quite forget it. It is truly a horrible feeling, and I did get a bit emotional over reading this thread.

Thats the way it always is, you connect more with things you have been through. Just hope this thread calms down.

^
    this
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Good idea, its really not important and I think that next time such a sensitive subject comes up people should think twice before they post something, especially if its going to create some drama.

I agree, BA has just admitted that she lost a baby, and all of you are more bothered about is this bleeding argument. Geez, stop being so bloody childish, theres someone in need here.

BA, I really hope you're okay if you want to carry on talking in this thread seeking advice then please do *hug* If you want to leave the subject alone then thats your choice.
  • Options
    I think, frankly, it's best to close this thread.

B-A, I'm very sorry to hear what's happened and I hope you're okay *hug*

It's entirely your right to look for help or not to look for support depending on how you feel. So if you'd like to start a thread then I'm sure all the people here, from this thread and many others, would be willing and eager to offer you support.

However, since right now you've made it clear you don't want to talk about this, it's probably best to close the thread - as it's inevitably going to continue otherwise.

I would just say though, people often post general questions about topics when they are looking for help with their own issues. I don't think for one second that katralla meant any offence by asking, quite the opposite - she was more likely to be concerned and wanted to offer help if you needed it.

Any argument that's spilled out from that is probably best left forgotten for now - as this is clearly a difficult time for you.

So if you'd like support, which people are here to give you, then please feel free to start another thread. If not, then let's move past this misunderstanding and disagreement.
This discussion has been closed.