Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Loosing a baby

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At what point does a chemical pregnancy become a miscarraige? Like.. how many weeks or whatever?

Thanks,
B-A x

Comments

• Options
    If there are no clinical signs of pregnancy before the loss other than the positive test, it's a chemical pregnancy. If there are other signs (baby can be seen on a scan, for example), it's a miscarriage.

Normally up to around 6 weeks pregnant (4 weeks from conception).
  • Options
    Thank you Kaff xx
  • Options
    Id say after 5 weeks.
    Thats 5 weeks from your last period, not 5 weeks from when your period is late.

Basically when your period is about a week late
  • Options

Basically when your period is about a week late

...Okay, so say someone had sex 2 weeks before their period was due, and then their period was a week late. But they lost the baby. Miscarraige or chemical pregnancy?
    Xx
  • Options
    miscarriage
  • Options
    Oh, okay. Thanks Suzy, and Kaff.
    Xx
  • Options
    chemical pregnancy is a miscarriage anyway, but its a very very early one.

You get them a lot now you have super super reliable tests that can tell you youre pregnant as early as 3 days before your period would be due.
    It doesnt really matter that theres a seperate name for a very early miscarriage, because someone might still be quite distressed by it if the pregnancy was wanted enough,.
  • Options
    Are miscarraiges the fault of the person? Or would it of happened no matter what they did?
    Xx
  • Options
    The majority happen through no fault of the person, sometimes it just wasn't meant to be be...as sad as that sounds :crying:
    My sister had one a few years ago, even after doing everything she should have been doing...in a way though it was a blessing (her words) as she was having in trouble in the relationship and found her partner was cheating, but she now has 2 happy, healthy little boys :)
    If there is something wrong with the egg or something isn't right the body can detect it and reject it, it's just natures way.
  • Options
    ...Okay, so say someone had sex 2 weeks before their period was due, and then their period was a week late. But they lost the baby. Miscarraige or chemical pregnancy?

Well, as far as the name goes, it depends on the health service rules in the particular area. Doesn't make much of a difference though. The only reason they even make a distinction is because before 5-6 weeks, losses tend to be much more common and uncomplicated.

There are all sorts of reasons why they happen. It's generally no one's fault, and just nature's way of bailing out of a pregnancy that isn't going to work. Not very comforting for people who were really trying and hoping for that baby, though.
  • Options
    Why are you asking, have you had one?
  • Options
    thanks everyone for answering my questions.
    Xx
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Why are you asking, have you had one?

I think if this was the case and she was comfortable admitting it, she would have done so.
  • Options
    oh fuck off strubbles
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    oh fuck off strubbles

Why don't you? If I'd posted a thread saying "OMG I've lost a baby" then you are entitled to ask about it. I haven't. I have posted a thread asking about miscarriages. Whether I've had one or not is not your concern.
  • Options
    Why don't you? If I'd posted a thread saying "OMG I've lost a baby" then you are entitled to ask about it. I haven't. I have posted a thread asking about miscarriages. Whether I've had one or not is not your concern.

:eek: bloody hell. How do you know Katralla wasnt going to offer sympathy?
    Thats totally out of order
  • Options
    :eek: bloody hell. How do you know Katralla wasnt going to offer sympathy?
    Thats totally out of order

If I have lost a baby, and I wanted to talk more about it, then I would.
    Xx
  • Options
    I agree with BA and Strubbs here. Its a very sensitive issue and if she wanted to discuss whether she has or hasnt then she would say. Seeing as she hasnt said either way, it could be very upsetting for her if we started prying into what may or may not have happened.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I agree with BA and Strubbs here. Its a very sensitive issue and if she wanted to discuss whether she has or hasnt then she would say. Seeing as she hasnt said either way, it could be very upsetting for her if we started prying into what may or may not have happened.

:yes:
  • Options
    Xx

im not trying to be nosy or anything i just really wanted to ask this as i'm confused...are you saying that if somebody has sex two weeks before they're due, then their period is a week late but eventually comes, thats a chemical pregnancy? or just that if they have sex, their period is late, they take a test and its positive but THEN their period comes, thats a chemical pregnancy?
  • Options
    im not trying to be nosy or anything i just really wanted to ask this as i'm confused...are you saying that if somebody has sex two weeks before they're due, then their period is a week late but eventually comes, thats a chemical pregnancy? or just that if they have sex, their period is late, they take a test and its positive but THEN their period comes, thats a chemical pregnancy?

...No, I just wanted to know if someone lost a baby (and knew they'd lost a baby) at what point does a chemical pregnancy become being called a miscarriage.
    Xx
  • Options
    Xx

Isn't that just a late period after having sex?

EDIT - sorry didn't see FireyFirenze's post
  • Options
    ...No, I just wanted to know if someone lost a baby (and knew they'd lost a baby) at what point does a chemical pregnancy become being called a miscarriage.
    Xx

how would they know though? by taking a test and then their period coming or being told by a doctor?
  • Options
    how would they know though? by taking a test and then their period coming or being told by a doctor?

Like.. if someone did a test.. and then lost the baby. When you loose a baby, it's different to a normal period etc. anyway, it really doesn't matter. I have the answer I wanted to know :)
    Xx
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »

well Id agree if Katralla had just randomly started a thread asking the question, but asking, in a thread about the subject, if it was actually relevant to the OP at all, to possibly give some support, isnt inappropriate at all
  • Options
    Look, please, I really really dont want to talk about it.
    Xx
  • Options
    well you could have just said that instead of fuck off
  • Options
    well you could have just said that instead of fuck off

She told Strubbs to fuck off! Do you not think, that if I wanted to talk about it, then I would.
  • Options
    She told Strubbs to fuck off!

he was being patronising.
  • Options
    im not asking you to talk about it.
This discussion has been closed.