Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Summer Holiday Plans!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    AmSTARdam
  • Options
    AmSTARdam

My favourite city in the world. The name of the place still excites me!

Spent my 21st there earlier this year actually. Was mental.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    In July I will be two weeks in finnland, one week in helsinki and surroundings the other week we will be in a hut without running water or electricity but with a wood-heated sauna and a sea right in front of the door.

We even will a small festival there, mostly with local bands, but Faith No More are among the headliners.

We're hoping to take our bikes up to the Arctic Circle in September and catch the "Blues in Hell" festival in Norway on the way through.

We had an awesome trip to Alaska last year ... hoping to see bears on the 'chum run', but we were a couple of weeks too early. The bears were around. One or two of our group got photos of them but, for the most part, they were just hiding in the woods, waiting for the salmon to arrive. You have never seen a group of bikers being so quiet or taking such an intense interest in a riverbank! :lol:

P.S. If there is evidence of bears being in the vicinity, general advice is to make plenty of noise so that you don't surprise them.

Have a great time.
  • Options
    Hopefully going to New York in early September.
  • Options
    Did someone just mention hitchin in this thread? As in one train stop down from Arlesey? :heart:
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    Did someone just mention hitchin in this thread? As in one train stop down from Arlesey? :heart:

If you say it is then I assume so, I really have no idea!
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    Yep, I've some friends that live there. Why, have you ever been?

Yep, i went a few years ago, it was good!
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Awww but they are so cute and cuddly i'm sure they will keep you nice and warm - look!

I guess it's warm in a bears stomach yes, but the dismembering part before puts ma a bit off.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I guess it's warm in a bears stomach yes, but the dismembering part before puts ma a bit off.

Don't be silly, I'm sure you can handle the dismembering :thumb: