Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Summer Holiday Plans!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So come on, what are yours?

I had originally planned on more travelling during the summer....I wanted to go to Egypt, but it'd be too hot and I couldn't afford to do it earlier. Then I thought about South Africa, but remembered the World Cup....prices are sky high. I then looked into Brazil and realised that was too expensive too.... seeing as I have uni soon and I need to save a bit for that too.

So eventually settled for the idea of a simple holiday with my mates instead. :D Booked it yesterday, Cyprus for a week. The place is called Protaras, it's supposed to have the nicest beach in Cyprus, has quite alot of interesting stuff to see near by....AND it's a 15 minute bus ride to Ayia Napa for nights out. :thumb: Can't fucking wait!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm off to the Benicassim festival in Spain in July with a bunch of mates so that'll count as my summer holiday this year...we'll be away from the 14th to the 22nd, hoping to get a few days in Barcelona while we're there, I can't wait as I've been wanting to go there for ages. Never done a festival abroad before, it'll be nice to ditch the wellies for a change :D
  • Options
    I'm spending a fortnight in Cyprus with my boyfriend. About half an hour from Paphos. Bring on August.
  • Options
    In July I will be two weeks in finnland, one week in helsinki and surroundings the other week we will be in a hut without running water or electricity but with a wood-heated sauna and a sea right in front of the door.

We even will a small festival there, mostly with local bands, but Faith No More are among the headliners.
  • Options
    A holiday? Fuck, what's one of those when it's at home?

I seem to recall having one in April 2008...
  • Options
    I will be writing my dissertation. I might go to Cornwall for a week, and Cambridge for a week. Ummm, that'll do. My brother is trying to persude me to go to The Bahamas but, I'm not into that kind of thing.
  • Options
    Starting my disseration and working for most of it - fun. Then I'm off to a game reserve in south africa for 2 weeks and then possibly canada to visit family for a week after that.
  • Options
    My other half and I are going to France with my parents and sisters for two weeks. We'll be staying in a gite about ten km from the beach in Northern France, not far from Le Mont San Michel (I know I have spelled this wrong).

Holiday now seems soon. I'm excited!
  • Options
    I really want to do skiing/snowboarding this year, i've heard the closest to me is near Taupo- Whakapapa or Turoa. I don't know how expensive it'll be though :/ but it's only 4 hrs away!
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    I really want to do skiing/snowboarding this year, i've heard the closest to me is near Taupo- Whakapapa or Turoa. I don't know how expensive it'll be though :/ but it's only 4 hrs away!

Haha I love the place names they have over there. When I lived in Australia, I lived in a town called Mooloolaba and then moved to Maroochydore. We had a Kiwi friend who lived a few apartments down who was from Teranaki.
  • Options
    I'm going to Zurich for a few days to see family, etc, then going to Paris with my best friend (I've been saving for ages, and I'm really excited!) and then to the U.K.--London and probably the Hop Farm Festival. I can't wait! :hyper:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    In July I will be two weeks in finnland, one week in helsinki and surroundings the other week we will be in a hut without running water or electricity but with a wood-heated sauna and a sea right in front of the door.

We even will a small festival there, mostly with local bands, but Faith No More are among the headliners.

Excellent to all of that - are you going bear hunting

I am going on a not very exciting toddler friendly holiday to france - but hopefully my daughter will like it and there is a donkey and hopefully some small friends for her to play with
  • Options
    Sometimes the simple holidays are the best ones.
  • Options
    well, i've kinda had my summer holiday. i got back from egypt last sunday. i went to sharm el sheikh for a week with my two best friends. it was hot hot hot! on the warmest day, it was 42 degrees!

doubt i'll get another sunny holiday this year. me and my boyfriend are planning to visit canada (as we are seriously considering moving there as there are more job opportunities for my boyfriend) but i'm not sure whether thats going to be this year or early next year yet. depends when we can afford it :)
  • Options
    You must love historical places spending your holiday in Egypt.
  • Options
    My first holiday in three years will be next year when I'm doing a round-the-world jaunt; Hong Kong, Auckland, LA then back to London.

Though currently I'm toying with the idea of a completely balls-to-the-wall weird holiday in North Korea. Apparently it's quite stunning.
  • Options
    hull and
    n ireland
    :p
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Excellent to all of that - are you going bear hunting

Is that a term for something I am not aware of, or do you mean literally shooting bears with guns? Because if yes, then no, I am not big into shooting animals as a sport or fun. Maybe, just maybe if we prepare the shot wild and eat it, but since I am a picky eater I tend to say no.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    :D Booked it yesterday, Cyprus for a week. The place is called Protaras, it's supposed to have the nicest beach in Cyprus, has quite alot of interesting stuff to see near by....AND it's a 15 minute bus ride to Ayia Napa for nights out. :thumb: Can't fucking wait!

i went there last year!

it's like england, but abroad :p
  • Options
    Is that a term for something I am not aware of, or do you mean literally shooting bears with guns? Because if yes, then no, I am not big into shooting animals as a sport or fun. Maybe, just maybe if we prepare the shot wild and eat it, but since I am a picky eater I tend to say no.

Ohh I meant more in a spotting kind of a way rather than shooting and eating them - there is a book/song in the UK called "going on a bear hunt" about a family who go out to look for bears and have to get through all sorts of terrain to get there and then they find a bear and its scary and they run home (maybe you had to grow up singing it!) - but yes in general Finland is good for bear spotting
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    i went there last year!

it's like england, but abroad :p

Haha yeah I kinda guessed it would be.
    I am usually a bit morally against those sort of holiday destinations... I like to see the culture of the country. But fuck it, they're still a good laugh, you can't deny it. :D
    I've done alot of travelling the world over the last few years, seeing sights and experiencing culture. So now I feel it's time for a cheeky, sleazy, 'Brits abroad' holiday with the lads. :thumb: Though we will be taking part in some day trips to see some of the 'real' Cyprus.
  • Options
    Ive got most of august off, barring having duties or something. Im going to go to a travel agents and book something as soon as I get done with work at the end of july. Last minute deals huzzah.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Haha yeah I kinda guessed it would be.
    I am usually a bit morally against those sort of holiday destinations... I like to see the culture of the country. But fuck it, they're still a good laugh, you can't deny it. :D
    I've done alot of travelling the world over the last few years, seeing sights and experiencing culture. So now I feel it's time for a cheeky, sleazy, 'Brits abroad' holiday with the lads. :thumb: Though we will be taking part in some day trips to see some of the 'real' Cyprus.

lol i thought i wouldn't like it but it was great, it's kind of like Agia Napa in that there are lots of English pubs and bars but it's much smaller and there's lots of genuine Cypriot places too. it's definitely a nice base to travel around the island from. I'd love to go back, there's so much more to see.
    you'll love it :thumb:
  • Options
    My dad is in a poker tournament in Tallinn in Estonia so decided to turn it into a family holiday. We haven't gone on holiday with all 4 of us since we went to Malta 7 years ago, so it should be good if we don't argue through it! I guess it'll be the last holiday we have all together as I am going on my year abroad in September and my brother is hopefully starting uni as well!
  • Options
    Well i've just finished high school so its the last summer me and friends will all be properly together. So T in the park and parties! :D
  • Options
    Ohh I meant more in a spotting kind of a way rather than shooting and eating them - there is a book/song in the UK called "going on a bear hunt" about a family who go out to look for bears and have to get through all sorts of terrain to get there and then they find a bear and its scary and they run home (maybe you had to grow up singing it!) - but yes in general Finland is good for bear spotting

Well, thanks for letting me know. Now I surely won't get a wink of sleep when we are wild camping.
  • Options
    Well, thanks for letting me know. Now I surely won't get a wink of sleep when we are wild camping.

Awww but they are so cute and cuddly i'm sure they will keep you nice and warm - look!
  • Options
    We're just starting to look into our holiday for this year - bit too late perhaps? We're wanting to do it a bit differently this year rather than taking a package holiday. This website's offering "tailormade" holidays? What is this exactly? http://eshores.co.uk/tailormade-holidays/ - Is it still essentially a package holiday but more... unique?
  • Options

I loved that book!! We're going on a bear hunt, we're going to catch a big one....

This summer, I'm doing a show, plus going to Rhythms of the World with my friends for my birthday (we were planning on Glasto but are all a bit skint at the moment, soooo...!)
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    I loved that book!! We're going on a bear hunt, we're going to catch a big one....

This summer, I'm doing a show, plus going to Rhythms of the World with my friends for my birthday (we were planning on Glasto but are all a bit skint at the moment, soooo...!)

Rhythms of the World- is that the one in Hitchin?
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    Rhythms of the World- is that the one in Hitchin?

Yep, I've some friends that live there. Why, have you ever been?