Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

In Law Family From hell

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have the most perfect man with the most wonderful son but my partner has the family from Hell!
His mum and dad are no longer together as his dad run off with a younger woman a few years back! His mum sits at home all day too 'ill' to work or do anything infact!!
Our son is 6months old and she has been to see him twice , we hae took him there a few times until I found her smoking a cigerette in his face when he was about 3months!!
Then I just had enough of her moaning on called her a witch and told her what I thought of her! My partners sisters then got involed going on how i shouldnt speak to her like that etc! My partner moans about her but is too scared to speak up leaving me to look like the bad one!
We have stayed away from them all , none of them visit us so we dont need them!! His sister had a baby and we still havent been round as the way they was rude to us! Her partner who the mother in law hates even had the cheek to txt us saying how she is soo good to them , makes so much effort to go round etc!!
The sister is having the baby christened soon and I dont want to go! for one I dnt want my partners mum anywhere nr my son as its since come out how she abused her husbands son years ago and why should she acts like she cares when even a txt of how are we is too much!! I also found txts on my partners phone today , saying what (me) her problem? Did you know (me) she has said this and that!! I am honest .. Best way!! But its driving me mad, I am worried it will pull us apart!

Comments

• Options
    I have the most perfect man with the most wonderful son but my partner has the family from Hell!
    His mum and dad are no longer together as his dad run off with a younger woman a few years back! His mum sits at home all day too 'ill' to work or do anything infact!!
    Our son is 6months old and she has been to see him twice , we hae took him there a few times until I found her smoking a cigerette in his face when he was about 3months!!
    Then I just had enough of her moaning on called her a witch and told her what I thought of her! My partners sisters then got involed going on how i shouldnt speak to her like that etc! My partner moans about her but is too scared to speak up leaving me to look like the bad one!
    We have stayed away from them all , none of them visit us so we dont need them!! His sister had a baby and we still havent been round as the way they was rude to us! Her partner who the mother in law hates even had the cheek to txt us saying how she is soo good to them , makes so much effort to go round etc!!
    The sister is having the baby christened soon and I dont want to go! for one I dnt want my partners mum anywhere nr my son as its since come out how she abused her husbands son years ago and why should she acts like she cares when even a txt of how are we is too much!! I also found txts on my partners phone today , saying what (me) her problem? Did you know (me) she has said this and that!! I am honest .. Best way!! But its driving me mad, I am worried it will pull us apart!

I understand totally, some of my exes have been perfect, but selfishly of me, due to the family, Ive backed away, thought things were never so serious.

I remember some of your previous posts, its nice to see you have worked things out between you and your bf at least :) Shows you have a strong base.
  • Options
    Be the bigger person and don't get pulled into some bigger feud or give fuel to any of their fires. Go and see your partners sister take their baby a nice present and be polite you don't have to be best friends with them and its OK to maintain a nice distance but you don't want your baby to think that feuding families are the norm.
  • Options
    What she said ^^^
  • Options
    my mother is a mumsnetter and i have a look every now and then (it's better than a soap), there are plenty of motherinlaw ranty threads there, maybe take a look at mumsnet.com? full of people with experience about this sort of stuff. By no means leave us though!
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    my mother is a mumsnetter and i have a look every now and then (it's better than a soap), there are plenty of motherinlaw ranty threads there, maybe take a look at mumsnet.com? full of people with experience about this sort of stuff. By no means leave us though!

Thank you!! There isnt a chance of going around and being nice now! The Mum and sisters always are nasty about each other behind each others backs and now there trying to get me involed! Today I woke to messages from my partners old friends ... we moved away together and never seen them for 2years saying being horrid to me saying i stopped him from going to one of his old friends mum funerals even though none of them even told him!
  • Options
    It might be time to change your number, if your partners family want to contact him, they can do it directly. Then you won't have the drama of gettings texts on your phone.
  • Options
    Let us know how you get on!