Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pesky bump on head!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got this lump on my head I found this morning by accident.

When it's left alone and covered by my hair, it's slightly uncomfortable, and I've been feeling it for a few days. I just assosicated it with the headaches I've been getting and being ill.

When I found it this morning however, if it's touched it hurts like hell! It's really sore, and about the size of a small grape. It's not discoloured or anyhting, and you can't exactly see it (bear in mind I'm having to pull my hair in all directions to see it so I can't be sure)

I haven't bumped my head or anything for weeks (as far as I know) and even then it was my forehead I hit, and this is on the side.

Anyone know what it might be? it's pissed me off all day now I know it's there!

Comments

• Options
    Could be a lymph node or something. Especially if you've been getting headaches I'd think about showing it to a professional.
  • Options
  • Options
    Could be a harmless cyst. If it's still there in few days, see your doctor.

My mum had one a few years ago. She had a quick 'op' under local anethetic (sp?) at the health centre, with one stitch after. Never came back.
  • Options
    Ohhh I was hoping someone would say "its normal". I havent the time to faddle around with doctors :razz:

Thanks for those. It is actually a hard lump, not moveable or anything - it feels a bit like a bone if I'm honest!I can't brush my hair now either without knocking it (I have very thick hair) so that's slightly worrying. Never mind :)
  • Options
    I had one, kind of the hair line on the back of my neck, that randomly went away. Ring up tomorrow and make an appointment that suits you, then you get more choice and it goes you can cancel it.
  • Options
    Ring up tomorrow and make an appointment that suits you, then you get more choice and it goes you can cancel it.

It's not so much the appointment that suits me, it's getting there. My doctors is the other side of town, a good hours walk because of all the twists and turns to get there, and although I have miles of free time tomorrow and friday, I have no transport and no money for the bus/taxi.

Ahh it's gone down a bit today though, and hurts less when it's left alone. If I knock it though it's agony. It's bright red as well.

ETA: And the reason I don't fancy the walk is because I am actually ill as well - I have a chest infection and don't fancy a 2 hour trek in the wind, I'm not just lazy. College took enough out of me! :D