Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Let's talk happy drugs? Ranty thread.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Evenstar wrote: »
    I was just looking at some of the brand names happy drugs have here:
    http://www.depressionforums.org/articles/366/1/Medications-A-Z/Page1.html

who in the hell comes up with them? Is there a little man in a room somewhere coming up happy and dramatic sounding names? They have nothing to do with the chemical names

funny
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    Re- sickness as a side effect- i once went to the pharmacist with this issue, i told her i was on effexor and she told me there wasn't anything i could take, 'because it was a side effect' and not 'proper nausea' :/ ...is this correct?

er, no. You can be given anti-nausea drugs to combat the nausea side effects of drugs. Ask your doctor.
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    :yes: it's absolutely vile. tbh i think it's quite rare for them to prescribe less than 20mg because it is pretty small dose anyway. i had the syrup when i was on 50mg i think.

is it? because i was under 18 when i started on them my prescription and therapy was managed by a child and family clinic - i knew a few other people that went there and they all started on 10 of the liquid if they were on prozac. odd.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    is it? because i was under 18 when i started on them my prescription and therapy was managed by a child and family clinic - i knew a few other people that went there and they all started on 10 of the liquid if they were on prozac. odd.

I started on it when I was under 18, and I went straight onto the 20mg.
  • Options
    I started on it when I was under 18, and I went straight onto the 20mg.

shrug. must depend on the establishment.
  • Options
    Both times I've started on fluoxetine I've started on 20mg then they increased the dose either 10mg or 20mg at a time.

The most side effects I've had has been on Venlofaxine.
  • Options
    I've tried so many different types and the only one that seems to work without too bad side effects is Seroxat. Everything else made me crazy/sick/suicidal. I'm really bad for self medicating though, my therapist tried to get me to kick them all and I lasted about 2 weeks...I take anti anxiety pills (xanax) everyday and no ADs at the moment, but I'm going back on them. I just can't seem to stick to them..I get bored and frustrated with the side effects.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Both times I've started on fluoxetine I've started on 20mg then they increased the dose either 10mg or 20mg at a time.

The most side effects I've had has been on Venlofaxine.

^^ this. I thought i had bad side effects with the other ones i've tried...and yes, they were bad enough for me to not take that particular pill, and switch to another one, but with effexor the side effects are just CONSTANT! you get side effects on just taking the pill every day, you get side effects on forgetting to take the pill (the window seems to be only about 4 hours or so!) and then side effects whilst trying to stop taking it! talk about a mindfuck :impissed:

Talking about the syrup, i was prescribed this when i was under 18 (i think 15/16? but then, when i was 17.. they gave me seroxat >_< .. this was before the whole teen suicide thing)