Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ED Update.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As a select few people may know, when I first joined TheSite, I had some trouble with a tight foreskin. 3 years on, it still hasn't even began to loosen. I was just wondering, would it be worth seeing a GP? I'm beginning to think it may also be a lack of blood flow, but i'm not too sure.

Opinions?

Comments

• Options
    Blood flow shouldn't make a difference. If you are worried about this, see your GP.
  • Options
    Yes, see your GP. Have you tried all the self-help techniques like, have a bath. While skin is warm, and loose, gently stretch it a little every day?
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Yes, see your GP. Have you tried all the self-help techniques like, have a bath. While skin is warm, and loose, gently stretch it a little every day?

Yeah, did that for quite a while, didn't make a difference.
  • Options
    Nothing else for it but to see your GP. Worst case scenario is that they suggest a bit of a snip, which really isn't a bad worst case scenario anyway.
  • Options
    Thats what I was thinking, but I just can't seem to get erect in general, I dont know if it is my foreskin or what D:
  • Options
    Mention that too. If it's embarrassing, write a note and hand it to the Dr as soon as you get in the room (so you don't chicken out). They have certainly seen similar probs loads of times and at least knowing what they think will stop you from worrying about all the possibilities.
  • Options
    THanks, your help means a lot :)
  • Options
    In return, can you go and tell then hen that laid my eggs that I rally don't appreciate her giving me twins when I only want to use the whites!!!!
  • Options
    Aha, glady x]
  • Options
    In return, can you go and tell then hen that laid my eggs that I rally don't appreciate her giving me twins when I only want to use the whites!!!!

:lol:
  • Options
    You should really see your gp cause it will affect you for ever and there is no need to put up with it.
    I guess circumcision :eek: is likely but i beleive there is also a procedure where they can just snip a v shape out of your foreskin :eek2: to loosen it.
    Probably can be done as a day patient so not to much drama, might be a little sore for a day or two but pain is character building :D
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    You should really see your gp cause it will affect you for ever and there is no need to put up with it.
    I guess circumcision :eek: is likely but i beleive there is also a procedure where they can just snip a v shape out of your foreskin :eek2: to loosen it.
    Probably can be done as a day patient so not to much drama, might be a little sore for a day or two but pain is character building :D

Bah, I suppose so. I don't mind getting a snip, as long as it actually has an effect.

Teagan, any pearls of wisdom?
    I seem to recall you helped me when I first came with this problem :D
  • Options
    fish94 wrote: »

Ohh Errrrr Mrs ( sorry i can't resist an innuendo )
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Ohh Errrrr Mrs ( sorry i can't resist an innuendo )

I noticed that, but I couldn't think of a better way to say it x.x
  • Options

See, Teagan gets around a lot! His customers keep coming back for more!

On topic, I'd get down to the GP or if you didn't fancy that I'm sure your local GUM clinic could point you in the right direction?

Better to get it done sooner than later! I had a friend who had it, had to have lots of salt baths afterwards to help with the healing process.... I hear the stitches are dissoluble... I saw them once... wasnt a pretty sight :o

Best of luck to you! :)
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    See, Teagan gets around a lot! His customers keep coming back for more!

On topic, I'd get down to the GP or if you didn't fancy that I'm sure your local GUM clinic could point you in the right direction?

Better to get it done sooner than later! I had a friend who had it, had to have lots of salt baths afterwards to help with the healing process.... I hear the stitches are dissoluble... I saw them once... wasnt a pretty sight :o

Best of luck to you! :)

Thanks, the problem is i'd prefer my parents not to know x.x
    Rather embarrassing.
  • Options
    Defiantly go to a Gum clinic... no one will know!

But the operation it self.... someones going to notice when you walk around funny :)
  • Options
    Defiantly go to a Gum clinic... no one will know!

But the operation it self.... someones going to notice when you walk around funny :)

Yeah, that what I mean. xD
  • Options

Oh these people like CoolMe who verbally abuse me at any given opportunity! :banghead:

Anyway, back on topic. :)

So you tried the stretching and it didn't work. I presume that you did it frequently (more than once a day) and for at least two months? Most people find that will suffice.

The other non-operative method is to see your doctor about getting a prescription-only medicine for a steroid-based cream. The cream you need is called Betamethasone 0.05% sold in 30 G tubes and is sold in the UK as Diprosone. The cream should be massaged into the tight part of the foreskin inside and outside 2-3 times a day for at least a month combined with further stretching.

If that doesn't improve things after a month, it may become apparent that the frenulum is restricting retraction. This can be remedied by a small operation called a frenuloplasty performed under a local anaesthetic.
  • Options
    By the way, your topic title refers to 'ED' which usually refers to 'Erectile Dysfunction', which is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection. I presume that this is not what you are suffering from. It sounds like more like a classic case of Phimosis. :)
  • Options
    He has a combo...
  • Options
    He has a combo...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I see that now. :blush:
  • Options
    I thought it was an eating disorder thread at first...
  • Options
    Well, fish94, its highly improbable that the two are related but loosening your foreskin may help in some ways because you will experience sensations from a looser foreskin that you were unable to experience with a restrictive foreskin. Also, if your tight foreskin is causing you pain or anguish, it is likely a psychological reason as to why you are not maintaining a stiffie.

A correctly working foreskin provides the skin necessary to accommodate the erect penis and to allow the penile skin to glide freely, smoothly, and pleasurably in a rolling action over the shaft and glans (the head of the penis), as you either wank or have penetrative sex. Try and get that sorted out first and you may find that the erections sort themselves out. :)
  • Options
    I thought it was an eating disorder thread at first...

me too :blush:
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Oh these people like CoolMe who verbally abuse me at any given opportunity! :banghead:

You like it rough in the bedroom though... :chin:

On topic;

Teagans right, either follow that process or get the little snip :)
  • Options
    You like it rough in the bedroom though... :chin:

It's a shame that you can't give it to me rough, marshmallow dick. Hehehe! ;)
  • Options
    I've read that switching to a conventional masturbation technique is often effective in reducing phimosis, and I believe it it be true.

Have you always had a problem achieving an erection? if so this might be the cause of the tight foreskin.

But the next step is to seek medical advice - but I strongly suggest you resist the suggestion of circumcision, until other avenues have been tried, and even then only have as limited a partial one as possible.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    I've read that switching to a conventional masturbation technique is often effective in reducing phimosis, and I believe it it be true.

Have you always had a problem achieving an erection? if so this might be the cause of the tight foreskin.

But the next step is to seek medical advice - but I strongly suggest you resist the suggestion of circumcision, until other avenues have been tried, and even then only have as limited a partial one as possible.

Yeah, it's always been like this, as long as I can remember. I was about 12 when I first decided to ask here about it.
    Anyway, thanks, i'll probably see the doctor and just try the other techniques in the meanwhile :)
    As for it being Phimosis, I think it seems pretty likely. I can get my foreskin fully back, but only when i'm not fully erect, and i'ts very uncomfortable/tight once i'm erect.
  • Options
    don't pull it back before getting hard, but once you are hard slide it forward and backwards across the head as much as is comfortable. Repeat about 100 times at a sitting, 3 times a day, for 6 months, and see if there's any improvement. It's a very different situation, but I developed phimosis a couple of years ago, but it sorted itself out.