Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Super size, super skinny, super shit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
This is shit, really shit, what a stupid show.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I really really really hate that show.
  • Options
    Why have they taken two people with crap diets and swapped them over -what is that supposed to do apart from give someone a crap diet? stoopid!
  • Options
    i think its more about showing how ridiculously both of them are eating, cause they both end up being given proper healthy eating plans before they leave. Not to mention watching them eat healthily wouldn't be nearly as fun as watching the fat ones get all upset when the skinny ones dont eat everything and the skinny ones making excuses
  • Options
    That sounds pretty fucked up on a physical and mental level. People will do anything to be on tv.
  • Options
    I know, it's shit.
  • Options
    haha i watch it religously, clearly im alone here though
  • Options
    Rings true about the celebrity thread comment I made about people being famous for fuck all :)
  • Options
    Changing the subject, but equally as damaging - wasn't there a TV show a few years ago where punters tried to stay awake continuously for 10 days? (then get £100K if they succeeded).
  • Options
    Ha, yeah, I rememebr that. I'd rather swap diets with someone than try to stay awake.
  • Options
    Watching it makes me really miss being super-skinny :(
  • Options

ha, same.

what always bugs me though is how the super skinny person comes back after what...3 months (or it might be 6, i can't remember right now, i'm tired!!!) and they've put on woahhhhhhh 5lbs!!!!! and the dude is like "that is so great, you've clearly been following the diet, well done". there is NO bloody way that they'd only put on 5lbs if they followed the new diet that they were given. it really annoys me. i can put on 5lbs in a week just by eating what is considered "normal". i managed to put on over half a stone throughout the easter period just by eating a bit of chocolate. thankfully thats coming off me again now i've quit eating it though.

but yeah its a program that annoys me but i feel i have to watch.

this thread has reminded me that i recorded this on sky+ :D
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Watching it makes me really miss being super-skinny
    same :(

i always think the super skinny people look really great but then last week when i was secretely thinking the skinny girl looked amazing my boyfriend went "she looks fucking disgusting" which made me wonder if what i think is attractive is actually attractive. mmm :chin:

ha, did anyone see the show from the last series where the super skinny person was a guy who lived off chocolate alone and thats all he ate? he ate tonnes of the stuff!
  • Options
    I don't really watch it, its not my thing at all really. They're both nothing more than poor lifestyles at opposite extremes, so what's the point comparing and mixing together?

If anything, most of the fuckers on there need serious help, not an 8pm slot on Channel 4.
  • Options

I watch it :p
    Xx
  • Options
    i like it!
  • Options
    I like how they spend the whole time trying to convey a really healthy body image ideal, and then have that journalist woman, who's a perfectly normal size, looking into quick fix diets or plastic surgery options. Mmmm. Nice mixed messages, Channel 4 :thumb:
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    I like how they spend the whole time trying to convey a really healthy body image ideal, and then have that journalist woman, who's a perfectly normal size, looking into quick fix diets or plastic surgery options. Mmmm. Nice mixed messages, Channel 4 :thumb:

thats my favourite bit
  • Options

:yes: I was watching it last night with my housemate and her boyfriend and that's exactly what we were saying. It was ridiculous last night - she put on hold-up stockings that were clearly too small for her and then moaned about how flabby the tops of her thighs were. It is a stupid programme, but I like watching it if only to slag it off.
  • Options
    I watch it quite a lot :blush:

I think the whole swapping diets thing is partly about portion size as well, but some people do have strange diets. Yea sometimes the skinny people make me miss being super-skinny, but then you see them in the "after" bit, and they look so much healthier, especially in their face. Although maybe that's just some good old TV make-up. To be honest, I just quite like watching Dr. Jessen :p
  • Options
    Dr Jesson looks like a lizard and his face makes me feel a bit ill. Nice enough accent though.
  • Options
    dr jessen is hideous
  • Options
    I enjoy it, I watch it a lot and feel I have learnt a lot from it. It is part of the reason I feel motivated to lose weight. :)

I wouldn't call it highbrow, I doubt it's aimed at especially educated people, but if it raises awareness about healthy eating, I think it works.
  • Options
    dr jessen is hideous

:thumb:
  • Options
    ha, i agree!!!!

i watched last night's episode tonight with my fella and he said she looks great at is it (and i agree!!!) and that he'd "do her" (obviously not whilst being with me, lol ;)) haha. i looked up her age and she's 40 this year. i hope i look like that at 40...she looks great! i honestly don't know why she's trying to change her body.

i mean, look at this picture of her on her website...http://www.annarichardson.co.uk/gallery/anna_la3.jpg

she's hardly fat!!!
  • Options
    ha, i agree!!!!

i watched last night's episode tonight with my fella and he said she looks great at is it (and i agree!!!) and that he'd "do her" (obviously not whilst being with me, lol ;)) haha. i looked up her age and she's 40 this year. i hope i look like that at 40...she looks great! i honestly don't know why she's trying to change her body.

i mean, look at this picture of her on her website...http://www.annarichardson.co.uk/gallery/anna_la3.jpg

she's hardly fat!!!
    To be fair, that was from an episode where they photoshopped her.

But yeh, I agree.
  • Options
    i think the super-skinny girl this week has a fabulous figure. Why are they trying to fatten her up?
  • Options
    This is on again :(
  • Options
    i think the super-skinny girl this week has a fabulous figure. Why are they trying to fatten her up?

same.

its made me feel super bad about my weight though.

she is only one inch shorter than me yet almost two stone lighter :(

ha, it made me giggle when after 3 months of being on their new diet, she hadn't put on a pound. illness my arse, lol.
  • Options
    same.

its made me feel super bad about my weight though.

she is only one inch shorter than me yet almost two stone lighter :(

ha, it made me giggle when after 3 months of being on their new diet, she hadn't put on a pound. illness my arse, lol.

How much did she weigh?
  • Options
    she was 5'7" and 95lbs.

eta: i got it wrong in my post above. i thought she was 6 and a half stone. she was actually 6 stone 11lbs.
  • Options
    So much too light then.