Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ok hi.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I don't no why I'm bothering to start a new thread, I no everyone is going to talk shit about my writing structure and grammer. Big L for everyone who did well done you surely cherred me up.

Well I will remember to get grammer and English lessons ok.
Now to what I was going to say.
Don't bother replying you'll probaberbly be wasteing your time.

Well lately I've been kind of worried about my sister and my carer (Mother) has been worried about us both.

Suicidal thoughts- My sister has them all the time,and it's a new thing to me. I have never had suicidal thoughts before. And my sister has tried commiting suicide before I'm scared she might hang her self or something again. I have not attempted to kill my self just yet, my suicidal feeling come and go.

My ssister self harms,alot. When ever she really hates her self, So she has kind of stopped eating properly and is skipping meals and she only eats like once a day.

My parents died a while back when they were getting a divorce, they had to meet up, and when they were about to get divorce, someone had shot them right in front of my sister and me, our grand father grabbed us both and ran out, we were getting chased there were people with guns behind us running a shooting then we saw are unkle he bought the car me my sister and grand father ran in to the car. A few miniutes later grand father was struggleing to breath no body in the car had relised he had got shot but was holding on. We rushed him to the hospital as fast as we could, he was in the hospital for ages and we were waiting me and my sister. A few minutes later the Dr came out and said to my unkle that hee was gone. The man took me and my sister to a room where there where loades of toys, and my sister asked "Is Gran father ok" the man look at us gave us each a hug and a loolie pop and said,
"your grandad has gone to sleep"
my sister said, " when will he wake up" The man said,
"He's gone to sleep for ever, he will never wake up."

Comments

• Options
    My sister requested to see him, the man said
    " sorry angel " and then went my sister cryed and didnt stop. she then had a fear of falling a sleep because she was scared she might die so she only gets 4 hours rest each night.

Are Unkle took us in for a few days and told us he couldnt look after us so me and my sis went in to care. we both refused to go, but are unkle left us there alone we didnt talk to no-one besides each other.

Me and my sister ran away from care a few times to.

I feel like my sister is going to hurt her self again, what should I do?

Sorry if I had used any slang.
  • Options
    And sorry about the lengh.
  • Options
    first of all, that was prefect language and grammer, okay? :) x
    Im not sure if i believe you about loads of stuff but i am going to answer like i would for anyone else.

Okay.. does you sister get any help about anything either for her not eating or self harming or for her suicidal behaviour? if she does not the best thing for you to do is to tell someone and make sure she gets help. Also make sure you get help for yourself because its not easy for you aswell. I cannot really help with the loss except say that i am very sorry for your loss.

Keep posting and feel free to stay x
  • Options
    hi holly,

i agree with the above, you and your sister need to ask someone to help you. is there anyone at school you could talk to? you say that your mother is worried, do either of you talk to her about what's happening? maybe if you all sat down together and talked things through you could find the way forward? it sounds like you and your sister have been through a lot together but if you wanted help seperately you could try phoning a helpline. the number for childline is 0800 1111, they are very good and might have some better advice for you. i think you said somewhere that you post on their messageboards, if you find that helpful then keep it up because it's great to keep talking.

i think you are very brave holly.
    take care :)
  • Options
    Hi there,

It sounds like both you and your sister have been through an awful ordeal throughout your life, Were either of you ever offered or given councilling to come to terms with your loss? it is quite common to get some however people can slip through the cracks.

I think the first step is to get your sister help, maybe speaking to your careers or guardians and as I see your in london she will be provided free help through the NHS.

Another thing that isn't mentioned, you go on about your sister quite a bit but it is also important to concentrate on your wellbeing? are you coping okay youself.

Best of luck!!
  • Options
    Hi Hollyboo,

Seems like you have had some really difficult experiences to deal with in your life. These boards are the perfect place to get some advice and support. You have talked about your sister who harms - this page on our website may be good for you to look at. Also check out the links on the right hand side of the page - they are also really useful.

You said that you feel suicidal too - how would it be to talk to someone about that, as has been mentioned above? You may also want to read through the pages we have on dealing with death? Ot perhaps you could talk to someone at CRUSE - they support people who have suffered bereavement.

Keep posting to let us know how you are getting on. Take care :)
  • Options
    :confused: Me and my sister have not had concelling before, well not that I no of btw I still dis like my sister so I'm still cool well I like talking about my brainiac sisters shes like a real calculator. Me and my sister called Childline together this lady sed hello neither of us new what to say then we froose then she said helloooooo that was so embarassing and a waste of there time to *biting nails* I'm fine at the moment my suicidal thoughts come and go like its gonna be the end of the world if my bf dumps me being 11 i shudnt even av suicidal thoughts i think everything causeing my sister 2 much stress.
  • Options
    hey holly,

just looked at the childline website and it seems like there are lots of ways you can contact them. looky- http://www.childline.org.uk/Talk/Pages/Talk.aspx
    they have chat, messageboard and email if that's any easier.

i hope things work out for you
  • Options
    hollyboo19 wrote: »
    Me and my sister called Childline together this lady sed hello neither of us new what to say then we froose then she said helloooooo that was so embarassing and a waste of there time to *biting nails*

i did that several times when i was your age. they are used to it happening so don't worry about wasting their time. maybe you could try again when you are feeling a bit braver? or as clementine says try contacting them in a different way?
    x
  • Options
    It appears that you have an easier time typing what you need or feel down than talking on the phone, so I suggest that you try emailing them rather than calling them because you are less likely to freeze up because you aren't on the spot or anything too hefty....if that makes sense?
  • Options
    o hi

hi thanx for all of your advice but i alredy (not sure if that word has a u in some were) no the ottheerr ways to cantact Childline I have e-mailed them many times but they had said to me and my sister "hello Anisha and Farjana you have contacted us many times via e-mail but we cant really help you unless u come on for a chat or call us we do no your computer has troubles with the chat so we urge u 2 call us"
    and i do use there messageboard a few times me and my sister go by the name LittleMissKnowItAll.
  • Options
    maybe if you tried ringing childline seperately? i know i usually lose my train of thought on the phone if someone is standing next to me. also like omg_hi said, childline are used to it being quite scary for the people calling them so maybe give it another go? if you write down some things you want to say too then you might not get so tongue tied because you'd have a prompt.
  • Options
    maybe if you tried ringing childline seperately? i know i usually lose my train of thought on the phone if someone is standing next to me. also like omg_hi said, childline are used to it being quite scary for the people calling them so maybe give it another go? if you write down some things you want to say too then you might not get so tongue tied because you'd have a prompt.

This.. Also you might feel you can be a bit more open without your sister there, maybe even talk about how your sisters problems are affecting yours.

It seems to me your putting a lot into helping/looking after your sister and thinking less about yourself, correct me if I am wrong.

Is it possible for you to speak to your career and then ask to see a doctor, explain it to the doctor and get some professional help?
  • Options
    hey we did call separetly 2 nd we did try writing things down.
  • Options
    hey
    we can't tell our carer we can't really tell no one you lot wouldn't understand why but if my carer finds out i will be in deep shit my parents use child abuse.
  • Options
    hey we did call separetly 2 nd we did try writing things down.

I am sorry to hear childline didn't work for you. I can understand it is daunting etc and maybe some people cannot get round that. however I am sure there are other mediums which can be made to you?

Is official help through a doctor/hospital/NHS something that interests you or not?

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/wellbeing/lookingafterothers/mentalhealthsupport

This may help in supporting your sister in some sense as she does, from what you've said, have a mental health problem. also

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth

Has a lot of information on mentalhealth and how to get help, might be useful for yourself and your sister. I would however urge you to seek help as quickly as possible so you can be offered the best care and support available in the quickest time.
  • Options
    hey
    we can't tell our carer we can't really tell no one you lot wouldn't understand why but if my carer finds out i will be in deep shit my parents use child abuse.

Then you certainly need to report this, as you've mentioned they are your foster parents and Child Abuse has no place in this world, let alone people who are suppose to be helping children in difficult places.

If you feel you are a victim of child abuse you need to contact your local social services as soon as possible. This needs to be reported, they can take care of you and make sure you're put in a save environment.
  • Options
    holly, do you and your sister have a social worker? if you do, could you speak to them about how you feel? how long is it until you go back to school after easter holidays? do you have any teachers you trust who you could speak to? i think you need to see past what trouble you think you would cause and do what you think is best for you and your sister's wellbeing.
  • Options
    ?????

what easter holidays?
  • Options
    what easter holidays?

I assume by your location as London your in England ;) surely you are on half term from school for the holiday period, commonly reffered to as the Easter half term in relation to the christian holiday however I assume from previous posts that you are not infact christian yourself, (I mean no offence if I assumed wrong) and I believe you even said you go to a specalist arabic school so I'm guessing you do not have what is typically called "Easter holidays" but are you not on half term at present?
  • Options
    o kool sounds fun i think but i go 2 skwl everyday mon/thu/thur/fri/sat and sunday but have different study teachers each time and i am not on holiday from school either. after school i have mosque then my tutor first then my sisters tutor nd then we do studies homework nd all that nd then we hang out side playing with are mates
  • Options
    o kool sounds fun i think but i go 2 skwl everyday mon/thu/thur/fri/sat and sunday but have different study teachers each time and i am not on holiday from school either. after school i have mosque then my tutor first then my sisters tutor nd then we do studies homework nd all that nd then we hang out side playing with are mates

Doesn't sound as fun as my schooling if I admit, however getting back on subject is there anyone at your mosque you can speak to. obviously the mosque from what I understand is like the centre of your community and surely they could help?
  • Options
    ha ha tlk 2 someone at mosque veru unlikely teachers 2 strickt any way
  • Options
    ha ha tlk 2 someone at mosque veru unlikely teachers 2 strickt any way

You'd be surprised by the way even the most unlikely of people do understand.
  • Options
    no

no i dnt wnt 2 tlk 2 my mosque teacher
  • Options
    Is there anyone you feel you can approch, who you feel might be able to understand or help with your problems?
  • Options
    nah

nah i can't. I'm just a dum 11 year old any way, who would listen to me. I'm dark skinned I have no purpose in a world so full of racism although people don't yet realise.
  • Options
    nah i can't. I'm just a dum 11 year old any way, who would listen to me. I'm dark skinned I have no purpose in a world so full of racism although people don't yet realise.

i'm not going to get into a lenghy arguement with you over this but your not just some dumb kid, your a person, people would listen to you, honestly if you gave them a chance. Although I kind of recent it, the whole world is Not full of racism, yes it exists on every side but that doesn't negate from the fact that you're as important as everyone else, regardless of race, creed, colour or even sexual preferences.
  • Options

I am sad that you have such a cynical view of the world. But, may be, given what you have told us about your background, I understand. But there are people on this site from every walk of life and pretty much every creed, race and colour. So racism has no place here.

You seem far from dumb, and people would listen if you gave them the chance. Has someone told you that no one would listen to you?
    They're wrong. You are a person, and people matter.
  • Options
    good points

yeah but getting called a dumb thico by your carer not nice neither is them hitting u and locking u in the shoe cupboard and my teacher making fun of me cuz im the only dark skinned student saying stuff like when ur older u woont get a good education and will becomee dumb she had said that to me and my sister right in front of the class on out second day after coming back fron bangladesh the teacher even told us 2 get out
    "get out u black niggers" it was horrible well im sore she didnt like uss then nd i am a dumb kid exspecially widd english :(