Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bleeding not on period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ermmm well... it's like a period. But not a period. I can't explain it.
The pains are in differnt place to where they normally are, and I only fineshed my last period a couple of weeks back! Not even that I don't think. But then, my periods aren't regual. Can they seriously be this close together?
So, is it another period, or will I need to go to the doctors?
Sorry, it's really hard to explain it! I have really bad cramp but not where I normally get it, and it's like a period, but the blood seems a little different. Is this just another addition to my already lame periods??
Xx

Comments

• Options
    They can be that close together.

Have you been having sex without condoms?

It is probably nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    yeah I have :blush:

So, how close can periods actually be? Does it take a certain amount of time for the womb lining to grow back or whatever?
    Xx
  • Options
    Are you using another form of contraception?
  • Options
    No... I know I should but it's not often or anything.
    Xx
  • Options
    You need to take care of yourself, not using contraception seems like a symptom of low self-esteem to me, can you see why I would think that?

The period thing is probably nothing but, does it seem the same as all your other periods? Have you considered taking a preg and chlamidia test etc, and then starting again from fresh with looking after yourself once you get the all clear?
  • Options
    It's kinda like my periods... I mean it's not, but it's period like I think.

If you are pregnant, do you bleed then?? And chlamidia?? Can they make you bleed?
    Xx
  • Options
    Not usually, it's probably nothing, don't worry.
  • Options
    Okay :) Thanks.
    I'll just take it as a period, and dose myself up with painkillers like normal :lol:
    Xx
  • Options
    Prob worth doing a pregnancy test (you can still bleed) and getting yourself and the guy checked over unless you already know you're both clear. And look at going on the pill/something similar. Not worth the risk.
    You can pick up cheap dip-stick pregnancy tests for about £1 at discount stores - I've always used them and they're fine.
  • Options
    Thanks..
    And it's not like, you know, a relationship as such. More like fuck buddys I guess.
    It's not the first time I've had sex though, not at all, so it's not really a change in life.
    I might go to the clinic at some point this week.
    IF i am, can I get an abortion without telling my mum?
    Xx
  • Options
    Thanks..
    And it's not like, you know, a relationship as such. More like fuck buddys I guess.
    It's not the first time I've had sex though, not at all, so it's not really a change in life.
    Xx

How old are you? I'm not totally sure but I think it's all confidential now no matter how old you are. I'm not sure if go_away is about these parts anymore but I know she used to work at an abortion clinic, could be worth getting in touch with her if she still is.
  • Options
    Go to the clinic, and yes you can get any treatment without your mum knowing if the medical practitioner thinks you are 'competent', which you would be.

Are you going to go on your own? Do you know what time the clinic is open, and what times are for 'drop in' appointments? Consider what you want from the clinic, perhas write it down so you don't forget: preg test, sti test, contraception, and any advice...
  • Options
    And, you're probably not pregnant but, that's all the more reason to go this week -prevention is better than cure eh?
  • Options
    No, I know... I've done this before. *sigh* Fingers crossed I'm not going to be a baby having a baby.
    Xx
  • Options
    Lecture begins:

Well, you didn't get it right last time. You have had unprotected sex since so, you need to get more organised and more proactive about your own life. To do this, you need to care about yourself and what happens to you, you need to have some hope and ambition for the future, not leave things down to chance. Therefore, this time at the clinic, sort out contraception so that a) you won't have an unplanned pregnancy, and b) you won't catch any STIs. I'm sure you have access to condoms, ask yourself honestly, why have you had sex without them?

/lecture. repeat -try not to worry
  • Options
    No, I know... I've done this before. *sigh* Fingers crossed I'm not going to be a baby having a baby.
    Xx

But thats the thing.... you don't have to just keep your fingers crossed... you can do something about it...
  • Options
    Personally I find sex more enjoyable when I know I'm safe, can relax and enjoy it properly without worrying :thumb:
  • Options
    Thanks..
    Xx

aren't you like 12 years old? :|
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Lecture begins:

Well, you didn't get it right last time. You have had unprotected sex since so, you need to get more organised and more proactive about your own life. To do this, you need to care about yourself and what happens to you, you need to have some hope and ambition for the future, not leave things down to chance. Therefore, this time at the clinic, sort out contraception so that a) you won't have an unplanned pregnancy, and b) you won't catch any STIs. I'm sure you have access to condoms, ask yourself honestly, why have you had sex without them?

/lecture. repeat -try not to worry

:yes: I know sex can be so much more enjoyable without them, but when you have no means of contraception, you really are risking getting pregnant, I'm sure you know this hun.
    Def write down a list of things you need at the clinic, STI test, preg test and condoms and the pill/injection/whatever. Make sure he gets tested too. He may be fucking someone else and just not telling you.

And geneve is right, you said you want to make a change in your life and we're all really happy you're doing that, so this will be one of those steps in making sure you're doing that :)
    x
  • Options
    If your not mature enough to use contraception then your not mature enough to be having sex (sorry but its true).

Yes you can bleed in early pregnancy but it could also mean you have an STi or maybe just random periods - you need to get it sorted out.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    If your not mature enough to use contraception then your not mature enough to be having sex (sorry but its true).

yes yes yes. i so agree.

stop being silly B-A, take some responsibility.

fuckbuddies at the age of 12 :| im thinking of not going into youth work now if this is what they're up to. ha :/
  • Options
    He's 15/16 though, not 12. And, I used to use protection, but if he doesn't want to I wont make him. I've been through to much shit with guys to argue with them.
    Xx
  • Options
    He's 15/16 though, not 12. And, I used to use protection, but if he doesn't want to I wont make him. I've been through to much shit with guys to argue with them.
    Xx

Come on now, you're more savvy than that.
  • Options
    Come on now, you're more savvy than that.

Its true you are. Isnt the hassle of forcing him to use contraception alot less than the hassle that will come when you're pregnant?

Just tell him - put something on it, or you're not getting any. Simple.

Of course the other option is the pill, but that should only be used when you trust each other, neither of you have any STI's and you're 100% sure that neither of you will cheat.
  • Options
    geneve wrote: »
    you're sabotaging your life deliberately here.

Fuck off.

And I know I should use it and that but honestly... I've been through so much shit with guys who I've asked to use protection etc etc it's not worth the pain that comes with it.
    Anywho, he's just text me saying he doesn't want to see me anymore because he "Doesn't want to loose his rep by hanging with a year 8" so there we go.
    Xx
  • Options
    I've been through so much shit with guys who I've asked to use protection etc etc it's not worth the pain that comes with it.

If its pain you're worried about.... there is a whole lot more of that if you're left with an STI or an unwanted pregnancy.....

Seriously though... contraception is 100% worth it... or else... the guy isn't.
  • Options
    contraception is 100% worth it... or else... the guy isn't.

POTW :thumb:
  • Options
    Geneve, I say it again. F U C K off.

And, naa don't mean pain like pain pain... I mean the arguments that come with it.
    Xx
  • Options

And, naa don't mean pain like pain pain... I mean the arguments that come with it.
    Xx

Even so I'd much rather have a huge row with a guy and have him label me frigid forever than have unprotected sex with someone who I have no idea where theyve been.

And also: both of you should just stop this petty squabbling, this forum is for advice not throwing insults.
  • Options

Xx

No yeah, I know but still.... I'd pick an argument over an STI/unwanted pregnancy any day. But actually no... -correction- I'd pick no sex over being with a guy who I had to argue with about contraception... time after time.

EDIT - sorry didn't see Lexi99's post.