Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Franki wrote: »
    I might try thriftstore. I have a whole load of clothes that don't fit me anymore (either too big now I've lost weight or too small and I could do with the cash) and some shoes as well that I never wear. Is it easy to sell stuff on there? I've only ever done it on the makeup comms.

its easy but you have to buy 5 things first, to get 5 positive feedbacks then you can sell. OR if you have loads of good ebay feedback/feedback off another comm they sometimes let you use that too so you dont have to buy 5 things. sometimes people are a bit cheapskatey like they only want to pay the absolute minimum but iv got some decent cash from it. its good too as its just all stuff i dont wear anymore, so its clearing out my wardrobe and making space. i have sooo many clothes.
  • Options
    its easy but you have to buy 5 things first, to get 5 positive feedbacks then you can sell. OR if you have loads of good ebay feedback/feedback off another comm they sometimes let you use that too so you dont have to buy 5 things. sometimes people are a bit cheapskatey like they only want to pay the absolute minimum but iv got some decent cash from it. its good too as its just all stuff i dont wear anymore, so its clearing out my wardrobe and making space. i have sooo many clothes.

i'm really annoyed at people on that community because i'm trying to build up feedback and always pay people straight away and give them feedback as soon as my item arrives yet they don't give me feedback?

really bloody annoying because i have loads of stuff that i would like to sell as i have a zilllllion items of clothes that are too big for me now :grump:
  • Options
    i'm really annoyed at people on that community because i'm trying to build up feedback and always pay people straight away and give them feedback as soon as my item arrives yet they don't give me feedback?

really bloody annoying because i have loads of stuff that i would like to sell as i have a zilllllion items of clothes that are too big for me now :grump:

yeah that is pretty annoying, if you ask the mods iv seen them waive it sometimes if you can prove you've bought the 5 things. i just saw you already have done. hehe.
  • Options
    ha, yeahhhh i just posted something in the community after reading this thread!
  • Options
    ha, yeahhhh i just posted something in the community after reading this thread!

you've got 4 so im sure you'll be okay with them just waiving one more x
  • Options
    well, i've actually bought 7 items off there but only 3 people have given me feedback. ah welllll. i might just ebay my stuff!
  • Options
    sometimes people are a bit cheapskatey like they only want to pay the absolute minimum

:yes:

people haggle a lot and expect to pay less than ebay, but you do get your money instantly instead of waiting for your listing to end and it's more friendly. i've used tsuk on and off for years, way before the 5 feedback faff or i would never have got started :p
  • Options
    I'm home and have passed my DofE gold qualifying expedition :d

my feet are a total mess but thats one for the ranty thread
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    :yes:

people haggle a lot and expect to pay less than ebay, but you do get your money instantly instead of waiting for your listing to end and it's more friendly. i've used tsuk on and off for years, way before the 5 feedback faff or i would never have got started :p

haha, i haggle loads and get stuff really cheap :D
  • Options
    MY LAST DAY OF WORK for my bachelor project.

So, since december I have been to the lab in uni most of the days (4 days on average a week), usually 6-8 hours working. Just to yield enough results and knowledge out of my research to write my bachelor thesis about it. Yes, I am working for 6 months for something that has a general work circumference of 6 weeks without having written a single line yet.

We can maybe make 2 publications out of the results I yielded, which is good. I will not get child support for next semester, because I will be outside my two tolerance semester, however, which makes it really hard to upkeep my flat with only my salary alone.

My mentor said complexity of my thesis is more than enough for a Masters thesis (so thank you that I wasted so much time for something that will only be my bachelor degree :grump: ) and that I will never again yield so many unbelievable results in such short time. My research was basically like CSI, from a hair and a grainy still of some gas station surveillance cam to arrest in 45 minutes. No real troubles, just yielding results like on the assembly line.

I don't know if I should be happy or sad, but I'll be happy for now, because I feel like I was set free after slavery :D

Gave me a good insight on how top notch research works, I have worked on two publications and was a good and funny time overall, even tho it set me back in my study and costed me time and money.
  • Options
    Congratulations on finishing the project! :thumb:

Tomorrow is my first day of a five day break from work. whoot! I love days off. :D
  • Options
    I am feeling positive today :D.

Helped by the fact that I just applied for a bunch of jobs on the Reed site which, on the little 'Can you do x, y and z?' questions bit on the bottom of the job description, I could click yes for all of them :hyper:.
  • Options
    i am off for the weekend, wooooooo! i've not had a proper weekend off for weeks now so i'm happy.

i'm off to GO APE in buxton tomorrow too with the man which i'm excited about! :) oooo and i've got the family coming around to my place on sunday for a BBQ and for the match. good weekend ahead!
  • Options
    It is the WEEKEND!!!! Have had an absolutely knackering week and i have a day offf wooooooooo!! :D
  • Options
    My kitchen is painted. The colour is awesome. I chose it today and was until the very last moment very hesitant, because it looks a bit like minty toothpaste. But when the paint was dry it just looked incredible more like tropical seawater. I fucking love my kitchen. In the next week my father will be sanding and varnishing the floor and it's gonna be tutti completi.

Damn. Can't wait to have my first wank in my own flat.
  • Options
    I might be seeing my friend tomorrow that I haven't seen since I left school :d
  • Options
    just found out my younger brother got a 2:1 in his degree :D
  • Options
    Did I mention I graduate tomorrow?

Also, I went to go ape on Monday, I had an amazing time and looked hot at grad dinner in my dress with amaszing bruises.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    My kitchen is painted. The colour is awesome. I chose it today and was until the very last moment very hesitant, because it looks a bit like minty toothpaste. But when the paint was dry it just looked incredible more like tropical seawater. I fucking love my kitchen. In the next week my father will be sanding and varnishing the floor and it's gonna be tutti completi.

Damn. Can't wait to have my first wank in my own flat.

LOL painting the bedroom walls?;)
  • Options
    I've been discharged from my psych :) this always comes with a mixture of 'oh god, what if i need to see him again, nooooooo don't abandon me!!!!' and 'thank god i must be getting better' and i've pretty much managed to adjust my meds and keep my job at the same time :D go me!
  • Options
    I don't care how tmi this is....

Last night I had sex and for the first time in THREE FUCKING YEARS it didn't hurt at all :hyper: :d
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    I've been discharged from my psych :) this always comes with a mixture of 'oh god, what if i need to see him again, nooooooo don't abandon me!!!!' and 'thank god i must be getting better' and i've pretty much managed to adjust my meds and keep my job at the same time :D go me!

I am really pleased for you :yippe:
  • Options
    My friend got married on Thursday. The first of our group to tie the knot :yippe:
  • Options
    My friend got married on Thursday. The first of our group to tie the knot :yippe:

How were the bridesmaids :d

ps. doctor pirate knows what I mean
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    How were the bridesmaids :d

ps. doctor pirate knows what I mean

Spoken for.

p.s. It wasn't exactly a cryptic message so everyone knows what you mean.
  • Options
    Spoken for.

p.s. It wasn't exactly a cryptic message so everyone knows what you mean.

:crying:
  • Options
    G wrote: »
    :crying:

*hug*
  • Options
    *hug*

*hug* :heart:
  • Options
    yesterday, today and tomorrow is the Donauinselfestival once again. Europes biggest Open Air festival almost right out of my front door (10-15 minutes walk).

Going to see Pendulum tonight and it's gonna be awesome.
  • Options
    i am getting a bit of a tan :)