Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bipolar disorder

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Help.

I can't manage someone's death alone.

:crying:
  • Options
    I think with grief it is one of those things you can't really describe, from experiance it is a lot like fear. It hurts, it really does hurt but it's one of those feelings that you have to go through and you can't really fight it off - in my experiance anyway.

But we are here for you, if you need to talk and you don't have to be alone through it. So If it helps keep posting. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    re

HI ahl,

how are you feeling now??

were here if you need us:)
  • Options
    Rhubarb.
  • Options
    Fragile.

• Options
    Hi AHL,

This has obviously been really upsetting news to hear, as it would be for everyone. Can I ask who told you about the death of your friend? Are you able to talk to them about the friend that you've both lost? If it was someone close to your family then perhaps you could talk to other family members about the grief you are experiencing?

It could be good to just talk a bit about the person you've lost. You could do that here or if there's somewhere else where people are recording their feelings (a facebook page perhaps?), just as a way of letting out a little of that emotional hurt.

Cruse is an organisation that deals with bereavement and you might want to remember their number. They can be called on 0844 477 9400. You may also want to talk to your GP about it, to see if they can offer anything to help, especially in the short term where your loss will be so raw.
  • Options
    Thank you.

I was told by a friend of mine last Wednesday; I'm just unable to manage it being alone; and being able or at least make attempts to keep myself alive too.
  • Options
    Well I'd really recommend Cruse, who can help with your grief, but also speaking to other people who right now are going to be feeling the same sense of loss you are about your friend.

I hope some of that helps :)
  • Options
    Help.

• Options
    AHL, I PM-ed you... are you okay?
    Xx
  • Options
    No. I can't manage being alone just now; but I can't either describe or explain the emotions I'm experiencing just now; I'd like to cry but I'm too frightened to do it.
  • Options
    I'm really worried about you love x I think you need to speak to the doctors. Please, for your own sake.
    Xx
  • Options
    Fragile.
  • Options
    Please reply to my PM's, I am very worried about you.
    Xx
  • Options
    Hi AHL,

It might be helpful for yourself and everyone who is reading your posts if you could try to talk about how you are feeling and what you're going through. The best way the boards can help people is to give them a space to discuss the emotions you're feeling. As it is I think people are finding it hard to respond.

Can you maybe let people know what situation you're in, do you live alone? Is there anyone else you live with you can talk to? Is there anyone you work with or hang out with you could get some support from right now?
  • Options
    I'm unable to fathom being alive just now; it's a pointless banal escapade and I'm tiring of it.

:(
  • Options
    AHL,
    I know you are finding everything very hard and that you think death is your best option.
    I think you should speak to a doctor, I know you don't want to I understand that, but no one wants to see you so upset. A lot of people care about you, and at the end of the day yes it is your choice to live or die... but death is very final. Before you die, I think you should try all your options. And, going to the doctors or asking for professional help is an option.
    Xx
  • Options
    I'm beginning to suffocate myself; I'm petrified of doing something; be it anything. I'm petrified of talking to people. I'm petrified of life. Of living. Of breathing. Why? Why am I as I am? Why am I as pathetic and weak as I am?
  • Options
    Why am I unable to accept my own unimportance?
  • Options
    AHL wrote: »
    Why am I unable to accept my own unimportance?

Hunny, as I said to you many times before... you are important, you have got to look to the future, and I know for a fact you can do that.
    You are important, but you just have to start beleiving you are
    Xx
  • Options
    I fail.
  • Options
    This is what I think:
    You know, deep down, you know you need help. But needing and wanting are different things. You don't have to get help, you can live in a state of fear, a state of life that is not really living. Or, you can learn to accept what you know you need.
    There are people out there who want to help you, who will jump at the chance to. It's just about finding the help you want, that you can accept. That will help you.

If there is anything I can do, you know where I am :)
    Xx
  • Options
    I'm too exhausted to do it. I'm too exhausted to pine to be alive.
  • Options
    Think of the future AHL, think of the future.

Have you spoken to anyone about how you feel? A family member or friend?
    Xx
  • Options
    No. Why aren't I able to be asleep just now? Why aren't I able to be immune from harm? I'd just like it if I were asleep just now; I wouldn't be able to come to harm; pain. Please?

:(
  • Options
    Would someone be able to take a needle and a single thread made of love; affection; acceptance and tenderness; use it to pierce my skin and thus weave it in between the two broken pieces of my heart?
  • Options
    Oh darling :( I wish I could help, you know I do.
    Xx
  • Options
    AHL wrote: »
    I've duplicated the content via the NHS Choices Web site; specifying the symptoms I believe that I'm experiencing of which I've omitted certain aspects; I've a previous diagnoses of another problem as it is but I think that my CPN is ignoring me.

Bipolar disorder is characterized by mood swings. The mood swings can range from extreme happiness (mania) to extreme sadness (depression). Episodes of mania and depression can often last for several weeks or more.

Depression

During a period of depression (low phase) your symptoms may include:

* feeling sad and hopeless,
    * lacking in energy,
    * difficulty concentrating and remembering things,
    * a loss of interest in everyday activities,
    * feelings of emptiness or worthlessness,
    * feelings of guilt and despair,
    * feeling pessimistic about everything,
    * self-doubt,
    * being delusional, having hallucinations, and disturbed, or illogical thinking,
    * lack of appetite,
    * difficulty sleeping and waking up early, and
    * suicidal thoughts.

Mania

The manic (high) phase of bipolar disorder usually follows 2-4 periods of depression and may include:

* talking very quickly,
    * feeling full of energy,
    * feeling full of self-importance,
    * feeling full of ‘great’ new ideas and having ‘important’ plans,
    * being easily distracted,
    * being easily irritated, or agitated,
    * being delusional, having hallucinations, and disturbed, or illogical thinking,
    * not feeling like sleeping,
    * not eating, and
    * doing pleasurable things which often have disastrous consequences, such as spending large sums of money on expensive and, sometimes, unaffordable, items.

what that's what happens to me but i thought half of these were my herlems disorder where i'm sensitive to light, sound, touch, feel, smells and taste i dignose myself most of the time and i can now post info about this disorder on my health site and ya it's a .org domain which mean the info what i discover about this problem won't be off the web it will be 100% true info
  • Options
    ugh just looking at the depression symptoms is all too familiar for my liking.:( :chin: :banghead: