Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

girly q!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay i'm sort of embarassed but i need answers :D for valentines i thought i'd treat a special err someone to nice underwear, stockings and suspenders and that whole shebang. iv bought a really nice top which is like the pic attached (but nicer haha). it has those straps at the bottom to attach to stockings BUT. how do you attach them?!

what stockings do i buy just any? iv looked and looked at the strap (the suspender i guess?!) and i cant work out how it would attach on without just pulling off. iv never worn them before. i googled it hoping for an 'easy guide to stockings' but i got nothing haha. any help would be appreciated. x

Comments

• Options
    There is a catch at the bottom of the strap.

You put the rubber plug behind the material of the top of the suspender, then you put the ring part over the top of the suspender at the largest part of the ring's hole and pull it down to the small part, where it catches.

Ta da.
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean, I had the same confusion the first time I ever tried the stockings/suspenders thing. Katralla's explanation is pretty good, basically the end of the suspender has a bit that kind of snaps open - the ring and rubber plug bit Katralla mentions - and you have to snap it shut over the fabric at the top of the the stocking (the thick band part) so that the fabric is caught and held in place, thus stopping the stockings falling down. It takes a bit of fiddling but once they're snapped on, they shouldn't come off because the fabric is clamped down onto the rubber bit by the ring bit!

As for stockings, just buy some you like - I like ones with seams down the back personally but it's down to your preference. I think sheer black with seams would look amazing with a top like the one in the picture, or classic fishnets - whatever you like. Don't forget the killer heels :thumb:
  • Options
    haha, awww bless ya! katralla has given you pretty good instructions so you should be ok :p

i hate putting on bloody stockings and suspenders. i love wearing them (as does my man!!! haha!) but it takes me ages to put them on. the front ones are easy to attach but the back ones are quite a pain!

oooo and yes, go with what stupidgirl has suggested, add the heels. all men love that. well, at least my man does!

have fun :p
  • Options
    seamed and heels gets my vote too!
  • Options
    thank you! i knew i could rely on my girlies :D i bought some today from ann summers, they're just seamed black sheer ones, hope they fit. not tried attaching them or anything yet but i think i get the idea now, might try on tomorrow :p

im not sure about heels as i only own one pair haha and im not sure whether my fella would appreciate it?! maybe!
  • Options
    mmmm i love wearing stockings, i find them all easy enough to snap shut except for the back right one. The first time i was wearing stockings i had a friend help me get ready, so either practise a few times or find someone to help ;)
  • Options
    had a practice try on! im actually so chuffed...i feel like some sort of sex kitten or something, suspenders are great :p the only thing was yep amira i couldnt get the right back one closed. might be able to do it when iv got more time on sunday maybe. eeee.
  • Options
    Glad i was not the only one who found it confusing the first time i wore them lol worth the effort though as they do make you feel like a miilion dollars. The other thing i did wrong was to put my pants on first so that they were trapped under the suspenders which causes all sorts of problems lol
  • Options
    had a practice try on! im actually so chuffed...i feel like some sort of sex kitten or something, suspenders are great :p the only thing was yep amira i couldnt get the right back one closed. might be able to do it when iv got more time on sunday maybe. eeee.

Nice one! Did you make a decision on the heels? I never feel better about myself than when wearing high heels - they make your legs look longer and your body look slimmer, which is all good in my book. But it's up to you and whether you'll feel comfy in them :)
  • Options
    yep, they sure do!

i think men just like heels to be honest. my man asks me to wear heels quite alot :o i wouldn't mind but its hard walking in heels on a carpet and its bloody difficult to balance yourself sometimes :lol: haha!

i'd definately add the heels if you can though fireyfirenze. it makes you feel super sexy and the men love it! it kinda completes the look too!
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Glad i was not the only one who found it confusing the first time i wore them lol worth the effort though as they do make you feel like a miilion dollars. The other thing i did wrong was to put my pants on first so that they were trapped under the suspenders which causes all sorts of problems lol

whyy, do you not put your knickers on under the set? under the suspenders? they would look silly over the top?! :blush:
  • Options
    whyy, do you not put your knickers on under the set? under the suspenders? they would look silly over the top?! :blush:

I thought that too, the knickers surely would go under the set :confused: I agree they'd look weird over the top!

As for the heels, that's fair enough. Although you could always secrete the heels in your bag, sneak off to the bathroom at a convenient point in the evening and put them on then. All depends on how you're planning to reveal your surprise though haha ;)
  • Options

Err... not quite sure how to explain this without blushing, but it kinda depends on how long you're planning to have the suspenders on vs. the knickers... :blush:
  • Options
    haha that makes sense but also if you put the knickers on over the top im guessing im gonna look like superman :p
  • Options
    You need something like this only the ones you can get that tie on both sides. Problem solved!
  • Options
    knickers go over suspenders so that you can pee, let alone anything else, otherwise it's a sexy chastity belt.
  • Options
    They do look better under the suspenders and you often see them like that when models are wearing them, but believe me from a practial point the knickers need to go over the suspenders especally if you intend keeping the stockings on for a while ;-)
  • Options
    Solution - stockings and suspenders, just don't bother wearing knickers at all!

Knickers *over* the suspenders? Just can't see how that works!
  • Options
    ha, i wear my knickers under the suspenders.

i can't ever imagine wearing them on top of the suspenders? you'd look pretty silly!