Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Unimportant trivial facts

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I supported both Newcastle and Man U at the same time when I was younger.

I hate a duvet hanging over the side of the bed when I'm in it (like this urgh http://i45.tinypic.com/34nlisi.jpg - it's only over one side as one side is against the wall)
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    OK, you're let off, just this once. Although this does mean I'm going to have to draw my own conclusions and you may end up coming off worse...

I'm a nice guy, honestly!

What's StupidGirl all about? Or have you explained this already?

EDIT: It's cool, I found it!
  • Options
    I'm a nice guy, honestly!

What's StupidGirl all about? Or have you explained this already?

EDIT: It's cool, I found it!

Ah, just as I log on as well. Are we the only ones sad enough to be online on a Friday night, do you think?
  • Options
    Ah, just as I log on as well. Are we the only ones sad enough to be online on a Friday night, do you think?

I suspect we might be! I've got some serious putting my finanace in order to do the next couple of months, so these might be my Friday nights for a while. Luckily my housemates seem quite content with Xbox and wine! How are things in your part of the world? Should this be a PM, you reckon? :D
  • Options
    I suspect we might be! I've got some serious putting my finanace in order to do the next couple of months, so these might be my Friday nights for a while. Luckily my housemates seem quite content with Xbox and wine! How are things in your part of the world? Should this be a PM, you reckon? :D

Possibly...although I know I could be waiting a while for an answer if so :p I'll give it a go though!
  • Options
    i'm also home so will be happy to read your answers :p
  • Options
    Ah a fellow South Walian! :wave:
  • Options

Here here as well ;)

As for a trivia piece... I'm terrified of driving in bluffs or mts... I'm that asshole driving 20mph :p
  • Options
    1) I am scared of just about everything. That is why i am outspoken and quite often rude on the internet. It is the only place i can feel confident.

2) I have a very large knife collection. My favourite knife is my Mora Mike bush knife which lives on my belt whenever i go camping.

3) I have been camping 4 times this year already and my next trip will be wednesday night.

4) My absolute best friend is my 5 year old son. I often wish that i could be him so that i can make sure that he doesn't make the same mistakes i did.

5) I once masturbated in the drivers seat of a challenger 2 tank during an NBC exercise.

6) I have 4 tattoo's. A tribal design spider, tribal design scorpion, a gecko and a biohazard symbol.

7) I think that Meg from Family Guy is fit!

8) I often come close to crying when somebody leaves the house. Being alone is my worst fear.

9) I did a postal chlamidia test in 2008 and i still havent recieved the results.

10) I have already made plans for my assisted suicide incase i deteriorate more rapidly than expected. The person who has agreed to help me has also agreed that it will be done in sweden during a display of aurora borealis. These plans have taken my 2 yeas to complete and everything needed for it are in my safe which only my friend has access to.
  • Options
    woops. submitted twice by mistake.
  • Options
    1) 9) I did a postal chlamidia test in 2008 and i still havent recieved the results.

I was curious enough to look it up and thats the funniest little service I've ever heard of, thats awesome :p
  • Options
    Hehe i stole this game from another forum, tis fun!

I am very laid back, and placid but also very very indifferent about alot of things and hate making decisions for other people, i.e where shall we eat, what shall we watch, in case theyre not happy with the decision i make.

I also hate spending other peoples money, have them buy be drinks etc so I tend to order the cheapest thing.

I have a very guilty conscience
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    I was curious enough to look it up and thats the funniest little service I've ever heard of, thats awesome :p

Doesnt work though! I really want to know if i have chlamidia but there is no chance im going to talk about STI's in person... maybe i should do another lol.
  • Options
    1. I'm directly related to George Stephenson, the inventor of the steam locomotive and the chap who used to be on the back of every £5 note in circulation
    2. I'm left-handed
    3. I can recite several poems verbatim, including my all time personal favourite, The Lion & Albert, by Marriott Edgar.
  • Options
    Doesnt work though! I really want to know if i have chlamidia but there is no chance im going to talk about STI's in person... maybe i should do another lol.

If your under 25 you can go to a family planning clinic/STI clinic and do one there then they send it off for you and then they either text/ring you your results, its what i did and they came back when they said. You dont even have to go see a nurse to get the test either, they have them at reception and you just go in the toilet to do it
  • Options
    Can you send poo samples via mail as well :hyper:
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    Can you send poo samples via mail as well :hyper:

Probably :yeees:
  • Options
    1. I'm directly related to George Stephenson, the inventor of the steam locomotive and the chap who used to be on the back of every £5 note in circulation

Thats cool
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Thats cool

He would have been my great great grandfather, but my great great grandmother said no, so he married her sister instead. Not a blood relative, but still pretty cool. I guess that makes him my great great great uncle.
  • Options
    Probably :yeees:

I know what you're getting for christmas this year! :birthday:

The last time I sent a package to the UK, the only thing it asked was if it were live bees...
  • Options
    If your under 25 you can go to a family planning clinic/STI clinic and do one there then they send it off for you and then they either text/ring you your results, its what i did and they came back when they said. You dont even have to go see a nurse to get the test either, they have them at reception and you just go in the toilet to do it

I'm 25 now. I did the test in 2008 when i was 24. I guess i'll just have to bite the bullet and go to a clinic although it may take a month or two to build up the confidence.
  • Options
    1. It drives me to distraction when people call Stephen Hawking "Stephen Hawkings".

2. I secretly love eating that awful plastic cheese that comes as wobbly orange slices wrapped in cellophane, but only ever eat it when I'm alone, out of shame.

3. There are two, possibly three posters on these boards that I have a little crush on, on the basis of their posts. But I won't divulge who!

4. I am an atheist, though from a Muslim family, and have secretly always wished that I was Jewish instead.
  • Options
    I'm 25 now. I did the test in 2008 when i was 24. I guess i'll just have to bite the bullet and go to a clinic although it may take a month or two to build up the confidence.

The test really isn't bad, I had one (I know it's different for guys but still). You just go in and ask, then you go to the loo, give them the swab or whatever, then leave. I got the results by text 1 week later. The worst bit is you have to write your name on this tiny pot, it's very hard.

Another fact about me I just thought of:
    I only have half a front tooth on the left at the top, that most people think is natrual... but it's from showing off on my BMX and falling down a hill :blush:
    Xx
  • Options
    jamelia wrote: »
    3. There are two, possibly three posters on these boards that I have a little crush on, on the basis of their posts. But I won't divulge who!

I know who.
  • Options
    Despite being very clumsy I have never been to A&E. *touch wood*

I can see much better when drunk.:lol:
  • Options
    I have my ancestors' slave surname, which has passed down both paternal and maternal lines to get to me, and I've passed it on too.
  • Options
    I have a big obsession with late 60's early 70's muscle cars and dream of owning several

I aam very interested in History but mainly military history and I can name most parts of most weapons/how they work and really vague details bout them, if I am bored I read Tank/weapon encyclopidias

I've become closer to my brother since moving away from down south.
  • Options
    - I have a rather large birthmark, somewhere only a few people have seen it. ;)
    - I hate skirts/dresses/heels/pink/glitter/anything overly girly clothes wise (apart from underwear, which I'm addicted to buying)
    - I dont like it when people get my first name wrong. Its two syllabels ffs, and I will correct you. I also dont like nicknames or shortned versions of my name (only my brother and one of my closest friends can get away with it). My surname on the other hand is french, strange and very hard to get right, which I dont mind.
    - I really, really should be writing my tax coursework thats due in on Wednesday.
    - My right hip joint has never been right since I was born and still flares up now.
  • Options
    - i did ballet from the age of about 5 until i was 18, but had to stop cause all the people in my class i liked left, and didn't want to go all by my self
    - I have a slight lingerie obsession
    - I get super arsey whenever someone suggests there is something weird about me living at home for uni
  • Options
    can i ask what your first name is then purplebutterfly? I've not met anyone who hates shorten version, heck most people seem to prefer it.