Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help... do I wait or walk away??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, my name is Sally I need some advice about this guy I have being seeing. We've been together for some time now, but it's a big secret.

This was good to start with since I had just come out of a relationship, and he was still in his relationship( I know I'm a bad person). In the begining, we were only meeting up for sex but then we started spending more time together and it turned into more than just that. Since November we have been together, without seeing other people. I really do want to be with him but my friends think that he will always be a player. He says he is not ready to tell everyone, my ex is his friend and all our friends know each other. Should I go with my feelings and wait til he is ready to come out to everyone? Or I am wasting my time, like my friends think?!? Any advise is welcome, thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    If all your friends know each other, presumably most of them have already worked out that you are seeing each other. Does it really matter if he doesn't want to make a public declaration that you are "together"? If you are both happy with each other, I should just go with the flow.
  • Options
    If he loved you enough, he would 'live' for you, regardless of what anyone (including his ex may think). I would personally tread with caution. I'm sure that he cares for you. But enough to rock the boat? I don't think so.
  • Options
    I can't see it working. I wouldn't be with someone who wouldn't declare that they were with me, however akward it was.